1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling All Calgary, Alberta VF players!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by PsychoJosh, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PsychoJosh

PsychoJosh Member

This is a message to all VF players in the vicinity of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Greetings, I am PsychoJosh! I'm a local SSF4/MVC3 player. I mainly dabble in 2D fighting games but I am deeply interested in learning how to play Virtua Fighter. I want to learn Sarah Bryant.

Some of you may or may not know about Canada Cup Gaming, a tournament group that debuted in November of 2010 with the Canada Cup, a national fighting game tournament that attracted hundreds of fighting game players from all around Canada and the states. CCG is situated here in our very own city of Calgary Alberta and we have a couple of spots in the city where we gather every so often.

Ever since SF4 came out in 2009 we have been gathering at Tubby Dog located at 1022 17th ave SW every Wednesday evening starting at 6:00 PM. There is where we hold weekly tournaments for a plethora of fighting games, including Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV, BlazBlue and even older gems like Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Capcom vs. SNK 2. Everyone brings their own setups and arcade sticks. HDTVs, 360s and PS3s and sticks abound, brought for the evening by samaritans for the purpose of playing fighters. While we do play 3D fighters on occasion those times happen fairly infrequently.

But I declare that the time has come for this to change! I am looking for Calgary Virtua Fighter players to come down on Wednesday and show their stuff! I am looking into getting a friend of mine to bring a Virtua Fighter setup so we may have casuals or even a tournament. However, if I can't convince him to bring a VF setup then I invite any and all VF players to bring theirs! If anyone cares to bring their own setups, that's perfectly fine! Wall sockets are first come first served, so anyone who gets here on time with a Virtua Fighter setup (console, TV, power bar) is free to hook it up and play to their heart's content, so get here early, like around 5:00! I'd love to get a VF5 scene going in this city, and if all goes well we may even see it have a small presence at this year's Canada Cup in November!

Visit the Calgary Thread on Shoryuken Forums and ask for me. This thread is the stomping grounds for everyone who plays at Tubby Dog on Wednesday so you may ask about people bringing VF setups and co-ordinate yourselves here, as this thread is read by Canada Cup staff and Tubby Dog's management.

Send me a message on Xbox Live at GT: KashaPsychoJosh, or add me on MSN at Josh_again@hotmail.com (don't email me here though, I only use this address for MSN) if you have any questions! I'll be happy to provide you with information. I am really passionate about getting a VF scene together in this city so don't hesitate to contact me through one of the above methods! You could always send me a PM too!

You can visit http://www.canada-cup.ca for more information about the Canada Cup and even shop for arcade sticks!

Hope to see you at Tubby Dog!

2. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I really like what I hear. I'll definately come down to see what goes on here.

3. PsychoJosh

PsychoJosh Member

I should mention, this coming Wednesday there won't be any fighting games at Tubby Dog due to the Sled Island music festival going on. But I assure you guys it happens every week! Check back soon!

4. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Wow, kinda makes me wanna live in Canada XD. We need that kind of enthusiasm here [​IMG]. Good Luck learning Sarah, her kicks are beastly [​IMG]

5. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this thread is really relevant, but I'll bump it anyways.

If this is still going on I may be able to come some day. I live in Spruce Grove, a city about an hour away from Calgary haha. I main Goh and I sub Wolf and Lion, but I pretty much exclusively play Goh unless I get bored.

6. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

Damn. And to think i just left Calgary a year ago.

Now i see the bump. Fight the good fight fellas!

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

look at you! Where you at now?

8. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

BAck in Detroit. About to pick up my stick again too.

9. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    With the Calgary Stampede rolling in the next couple of months, I'd hope to see some players coming in. It'll be a party this year.

Chanchai likes this.