1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling All Singapore Players!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by danny13, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Re: Dear VF Players

Got some japanese female players in mixi. If you search hard enough you might be able to find some with their pictures.

Anyway, I need your e-mail address danny. Otherwise I can't invite you into mixi. Have to try the function tonight too. Never invited anyone before /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

zifeng is TOO STRONG!

3. Donkey_Shun

Donkey_Shun Well-Known Member

wahliew.. danny !!! ur vanessa bery strong ah... makes moi shun so old.. duhz! wtf lol all ur players make me looks retard lol

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Vanessa RuLeZ!

[4]+[P] = you guard I get +5
    [2]+[P]+[K] = you guard I get +3

See you guys again this weekend.

5. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Lion Test Clips

Downloaded VF5 Lion clips over the weekend. Observed two scenarios
    (a) Jeffry [1_]+[K]+[G] (charged) crumble on Lion follow-up by [6][6]+[P],[P]. The Lion IR (?) and end-up with back-turned, Jeffry follow up with overhead-mid-punch ([6]+[P]+[K] (?)) and back-throw. The damage I guess is around 100-120pts /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif Is this possible in VF4-FT?

(b) I'm assuming the motion where Lion charged backward and attack command is [4]+[P]+[K], Lion has one new option - a low back-turned kick.

Just my observation.

Sg-Lion

6. danny13

(a) If I remember correctly, hits from side and back have different reactions in VF5. Jeffrey's [6]+[P]+[K] in FT or Evo will float(too low to combo) your opponent when you hit in the back. In VF5 it will produce a 'stuned' effect instead.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was [6][P]+[K], it should've been [1][P]+[K] -> back low throw. The back low throw is guaranteed after [1][P]+[K]. And I think this is possible to do in VF4!!

8. danny13

WOw! How come I never see you use it in Japan? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No one TRs after being face down head towards. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The two main set-ups:
    [6][P]+[K] -> [6][6][P][P]
    [1][K]+[G] -> [6][6][P][P]

10. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

For me, I think is because most of the time the follow-up after [1_]+[K]+[G] crumpled is [2]+[K]+[G] and [8]+[P]. So, probably I'm conditioned not to TR/IR.

So scary after see the VF5 clip /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. danny13

Can use after people techroll after wall float combo!

Will test it out this Friday.

SO you are not coming to Singapore?

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like it, sorry guys...got two summer internships so will be working throughout the summer.

13. danny13

We miss our Ass-9. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

bummer jeff, so hard to run into u...

either u're here (i'm not) or the other way round.

We collectively miss hearing ' ONE MORE!' .
    Good times man. Good luck with the paper! Dragon Punch Combo your way into Distinction!

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I miss Singapore... sniff sniff

16. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

I heard that Akira got weakened in VF5 because shoulder ram will be like Goh's. Then I saw 2 combos -> DE, P, DJK and DE,P, DLC. Hmmmm...

Finally get to see Eileen. She looks like the female version of Lion. The "Gay" character that pissed people off. Me like. Hahaha.

Danny, that day you told me that after a evade, a throw is not possible. But I see some of the clips still can throw leh.

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

eh, when u free?
    I want to ganna trashed by u again! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. danny13

This is a different test version from the one I play bro. The one I played were all 200 yen for best of 5 (3 squares)

Its SDE -> P -> DJK/DLC

DE I saw from the videos dun float on MC. Wah so hard now.

19. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Maybe this sat i can go bugis. Depending on what football match is shown. Will let you know in advance.

SDE is -8 on block?

Now Kage can do [3][P] with additional mid(?) chop. Kage is definitely my character!!! I think now better trained reflex to throw or attack after block side kick plus whiffed punch.

20. danny13

[ QUOTE ]
    DeLune said:

Now Kage can do [3][P] with additional mid(?) chop. Kage is definitely my character!!! I think now better trained reflex to throw or attack after block side kick plus whiffed punch.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2nd chop is High. :p Like Lau's [6]+[P],[P]