1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling All Singapore Players!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by danny13, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

On behalf of a friend.

Hello guys, it's been awhile huh. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif .

Actually my purpose here right now is to post on behalf of a friend, he has an interesting proposal to make to you guys. Though I don't play anymore, I think you guys should hear him out.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm representing ArcadeScrubs.com, a new website dedicated to the local arcade scene. We are currently in negotiations with the TKA management to forge a co-operative relationship. In order to achieve that, we are forming a committee made up of players from their respective games.

These representatives will be the voice of their community. Right now, the Street Fighter, KOF, Guilty Gear, Marvel, Tekken, and Soul Calibur communities have already thrown in their lot with us. We are hoping to include all types of competitive arcade games eventually, such as Sangokushi Taisen, Initial D, etc.

We will be holding a meeting with the TKA management in about two weeks time from now. In future, TKA will be working together with ArcadeScrubs.com to hold events such as tournaments and promote arcade gaming in general.

ArcadeScrubs.com hopes to unite all local arcade gamers together. A stronger community will allow us to have greater influence on the arcade's management in regards to specific games, and hold events with the TKA management backing us up.

ArcadeScrubs.com has its own forums, and currently we are working on site content. We have already registered a domain and secured webhosting, and are currently in the process of migrating to it from our temporary location at

http://arcadescrubs.rocks.it

The site doesn't look like much now. It will of course be redesigned over the course of the next few weeks. The migration to the new domain will be completed over the next few days.

Unfortunately there is currently no VF section in our forums. I would like to know if you guys would like a forum of your own. If you do, we'll definitely create a forum for VF and welcome you. I realize all of you have been posting on VFDC for a long time and might be reluctant to hop over. And thats fine, really. No worries.

We really hope you guys can elect a representative to speak for the VF community on the commitee. I'm sure everyone will have something to say about this. Who knows, with enough support, we might even be able to wrangle some VF5 machines out of TKA.

The eventual goal of the joint venture between ArcadeScrubs.com and TKA will be to hold nation-wide arcade events on the scale of Tougeki or Evolution. Of course, that will take time. Before that, in order to start the ball rolling, communities will be able to organize regular events of their own, with technical and financial support from TKA.

The ArcadeScrubs.com crew have been working pretty hard lately; we've come this far, all we ask for is your support. I'm sure you all want the arcade management to take you more seriously, don't you?

In order to reach me, you can PM Wyrd and ask for my number, or you can register at the current site. Alternatively, you may also email me at wyxsg@yahoo.com.sg

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, how about it? I think it sounds pretty good. I'm going to assume TKA is still the arcade that you guys are playing now right? If anyone's interested do PM me and I'll give you his contact number for further information. Thanks for reading /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Donkey_Shun

Donkey_Shun Well-Known Member

Re: On behalf of a friend.

[ QUOTE ]
    Wyrd said:

Hello guys, it's been awhile huh. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif .

Actually my purpose here right now is to post on behalf of a friend, he has an interesting proposal to make to you guys. Though I don't play anymore, I think you guys should hear him out.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm representing ArcadeScrubs.com, a new website dedicated to the local arcade scene. We are currently in negotiations with the TKA management to forge a co-operative relationship. In order to achieve that, we are forming a committee made up of players from their respective games.

These representatives will be the voice of their community. Right now, the Street Fighter, KOF, Guilty Gear, Tekken, and Soul Calibur communities have already thrown in their lot with us. We are hoping to include all types of competitive arcade games eventually, such as Sangokushi Taisen, Initial D, etc.

We will be holding a meeting with the TKA management in about two weeks time from now. In future, TKA will be working together with ArcadeScrubs.com to hold events such as tournaments and promote arcade gaming in general.

ArcadeScrubs.com hopes to unite all local arcade gamers together. A stronger community will allow greater bargaining power - we would be able to influence the arcade's management in regards to specific games, and hold events with the TKA management backing us up.

ArcadeScrubs.com has its own forums, and currently we are working on site content. We have already registered a domain and secured webhosting, and are currently in the process of migrating to it from our temporary location at

http://arcadescrubs.rocks.it

The site doesn't look like much now. It will of course be redesigned over the course of the next few weeks.

Unfortunately there is currently no VF section in our forums. I would like to know if you guys would like a forum of your own. If you do, we'll definitely create a forum for VF and welcome you. I realize all of you have been posting on VFDC for a long time and might be reluctant to hop over. And thats fine, really. No worries.

We really hope you guys can elect a representative to speak for the VF community on the commitee. I'm sure everyone will have something to say about this. Who knows, with enough support, we might even be able to wrangle some VF5 machines out of TKA.

The eventual goal of the joint venture between ArcadeScrubs.com and TKA will be to hold nation-wide arcade events on the scale of Tougeki or Evolution. Of course, that will take time. Before that, in order to start the ball rolling, communities will be able to organize regular events of their own, with technical and financial support from TKA.

The ArcadeScrubs.com crew have been working pretty hard lately; we've come this far, all we ask for is your support. I'm sure you all want the arcade management to take you more seriously, don't you?

In order to reach me, you can PM Wyrd and ask for my number, or you can register at the current site. Alternatively, you may also email me at wyxsg@yahoo.com.sg

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, how about it? I think it sounds pretty good. I'm going to assume TKA is still the arcade that you guys are playing now right? If anyone's interested do PM me and I'll give you his contact number for further information. Thanks for reading /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good...

3. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Able to ask TKA if they are getting VF5??

4. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

Hello again, I just got a heads up from my friend. The site is now up at

www.arcadescrubs.com

It's still quite empty for now. They'll be redesigning the layout and filling up the site with content in the weeks to come. Oh, and a VF forum has been created for us! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DeLune: According to my friend, they will always push for TKA to purchase new machines/games, but they need a representative from the community to convince TKA that it will be worth the money and the trouble. Apparently no one has contacted my friend about the rep position yet, so... right now, the VF community doesn't have a voice. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    DeLune said:

Able to ask TKA if they are getting VF5??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok this is my friend's answer. /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    get all the vf players together, and we'll probably be able to do more than just ASK

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you can see hes pretty serious about this heh.

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

he does know that VF5 will not be released outside of Japan due to internet connectivity issues...even HK has failed in their request for units...and since the game is on rental basis, (the cabinet is for sale...that or you can use exisiting VS cabs ) it's not looking good when larger pool of players in korea n hk cannot get it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but go easy on the tone. It rubbed a few ppl off the wrong way suggesting that if we want the management to take us seriously, then we should all 'pitch' in. We've done the ultimate pitching in with our pockets, week in week out for yrs despite home ports being available.

I've already signed up to the site since the first day I was informed. I suppose it there is some serious discussions needed, then it shouldn't be so hard for him to talk to us personally? I don't see a need for a 3rd party messenger tbh.

I find it hard to put my hands up for anything with such little info apart from 'join the group..n get things rolling'. But, 15 years of being overseas and having joined serveral groups similar to this one being proposed, I'm comfortable with helping in anyway I can, as long as there is info.

Edit: I sound like I am flaming you and ur friend...but I'm not tbh..Apologies if you felt that way. Hmmm, best if I can meet ur friend in person to talk abt it. Anything beats postings hands down ^0^

7. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

He said it's easier to talk about these things through someone who (at least, used to) somewhat belong to the scene. It's about a random guy registering on a site just to discuss about another site, and a local movement after all.

No worries about the flaming bit SummAh /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I'll see what he can do about meeting up, shouldn't be a problem.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Best is to call me or pm me or something. Then we meet for kopi/food etc etc etc. Best way to discuss haha

9. TheOldOne

TheOldOne New Member

Hello, I'm Wyrd's friend, known as OldMan on Arcadescrubs. First of all, I apologize if my words sounded kinda overbearing, hope I didn't offend anyone. Please don't blame Wyrd, he was just the messenger haha.

SummAh, regarding the "pitching in"/"being taken seriously" point, I know very well what you mean. After all, the same applies to all the other games; all of us have been putting in tokens day in and day out for a long time. The thing is, we feel that is not enough.

The main difference now is that we have a direct line of communication with the arcade management, which I'm sure you'll agree is something that has been lacking for too long. We now have a way of voicing out whatever concerns and suggestions we might have to the management.

I am aware of the hardware/networking issues with VF5. Of course, I wouldn't say I am very knowledgable about VF, so if it sounded like I was making empty promises, I apologize as well. I was just trying to make a point, but I guess it wasn't a very good example oops.

SummAh, I see that you seem to be interested in repping VF on the community's behalf, and I really thank you for your interest. I will be PMing you my phone number and contact info. The meeting with TKA managment will be held sometime next week, hopefully we can work something out before then. Cheers!

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Well, the upside is, at least I know know who to talk to and not have to disturb wyrd haha.

And yeah, best is we can meet up b4 the TKA management meeting. That way, at least we can be on same wavelength.

I'm gonna use the chance to get them to import the new seed arcade game. Such a big gundam crowd locally n the game is not supported. It's such a top tier game too! ^0^

Msn: summers75@hotmail.com

Note: the logo at arcadescrub is definitely top tier. LOL! I love it.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Guys...you know how we got FT? I walked to the back of the arcade, knocked on the door, popped my head in, and asked them to get it. Three weeks later, FT came. It's not that hard to get them moving, you just have to let them know.

I think the constraint in VF5's problem is not the local arcade but Japan instead. Until HK and Korea figure out ways to get VF5 machines, I doubt TKA would do anything.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Well jeff, we'll know by the end of the week.

13. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Re: After...

watching so many VF5 movies, do you guys feel fustrated, bored, tu-lan that we cannot play the game. But can only watch it.

Fuck Sega.

14. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Super DuLanz!

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

super du lan
    no seed arcade
    no vf5

thank god work is here for me

16. danny13

Mooncakes Festival

Hi guys,

As most of you all already know, I'm working in a new F&B chain. We are currently promoting our new liquor flavour ice-cream mooncakes at $36 per box of 4 pieces.

The liquor flavours are Chocolate Overload ice-cream with White Chocolate Rum Truffle and Cherry Brandy ice-cream with Dark Chocolate Brandy Truffle.

The classic flavours are Macadamia Nuts ice-cream with Dark Chocolate Truffle and Tropical Mango ice-cream with Dark Chocolate Truffle.

By supporting me, I can get you guys 20% off per box making each box $28.80 instead. Visit our link at http://www.gelare.com.sg/promo.html for pictures.

Anyone who loves waffles and ice-creams can find me at Plaza Singapura 5th Floor. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. danny13

X'mas 2006

Christmas coming.

PS3 any1? /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: X'mas 2006

me

19. Dashwolf

Dashwolf Well-Known Member

damm summah! you must stay real close to where i am.

i stay at springdale apts just after ngeeann poly.

but i've been in aust the last 3 years for my uni :x

20. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Re: X'mas 2006

Hay I dont mind u giving me a PS3 for Christmas 2 *blink* *blink*