1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all Singapore VF5 players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by danny13, Oct 8, 2007.

1. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Just a note for the hardcores and those interested in visiting Japan.

I'm planning visit Tokyo next year late March 08. Many of the veterans at VFDC will be meeting up and as I fondly remember the last gathering 2 years ago, it was a fantastic and unforgetable experience of meeting new people from around the world(Hong Kong, UK, USA, Korean etc..etc..) and exchanging of culture. Also not to forget, compete to see which country has the best VFers outside of Japan! :p

For this coming trip I'll be definately checking out Disney SEA, eat, do some shopping and play some VF. For those interested, I'll be happy to organise accomodations(around $26-$31 SGD depending on exchange), find cheap plane tickets(SGD$650-700) and as a mini tour guide to places I've visited. Be prepared to spend minimum of $2.2k in all (hopefully yen gets weaker vs SGD) unless you want to do shopping. I'll also help everyone register their VF cards if needed.

2. danny13

This saturday we are meeting at Big O at 12noon!

Those keen for an early session meet us at Dhoby Ghaut at 1145am and we show you the free and neat set up courtesy of Basuki the owner!

See you guys!

3. driftsilencer

driftsilencer Well-Known Member

Count me in for the Saturday session. Finally got a stick for the PS2, so can go over the basics again with Evo.

The Japan trip sounds sweet as well, but March is still a fair way away....will confirm with you again. Want to go though!

4. Paperstone

Paperstone Well-Known Member

Definitely coming for this Saturday session!

5. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

I will try to be there this Saturday...:) Is stick provided?

Sg-Lion

6. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

yeah there're sticks

7. danny13

Just a reminder, we'll be meeting at 1145am at the Control station. We'll wait till 12noon before heading off!

8. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

i'm going there straight, so don't wait for me

9. Remy

Remy Member

Hey! Ill try to be there at 11:45 a.m.... i hope someone reads this post /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif Im rusty as hell lol... Alot of drama + exams just finished and really am tired. May not wake up on sat morning.. If thats the case, head on to big O without me, if im not there by noon yeah. Il head to the area by myself afterwards if im still keen on going /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

10. danny13

See you!

11. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

VF5 is arriving to Bugis next week... no bull...... see the attendant post the message on top of the VF4FT cabinet.. have to start build up my 'bullets/coins' reserves again.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

Best arcade news I've heard in a long time, finally I can touch VF5! Hopefully I can try this game when no one's around to pwn me heh heh.

13. danny13

Great games today! Sg-Lion was doing extremely well using the new character Elaine!

Like I was telling DriftSilence, I'll be booking tickets in December, so those interested for a holiday in Japan please let me know before Christmas!

Guys, if you see VF5 in Bugis please post here! I'll be camping there every night!

14. driftsilencer

driftsilencer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the game guys, great fun. Haven't played games for hours non-stop like this for a while, so my eyes are a little tired! A thank you also to the owner of Big-O for letting us play there.

And Danny, kudos for explaining the frame system for me, makes a lot more sense now.

15. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

yah and i literally fell asleep sitting on the wooden stool

16. Paperstone

Paperstone Well-Known Member

same here, i hit the sack the moment i got home.

Really really appreciate the owner of Big-O for letting us play in his shop /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

lolwut

17. danny13

Man, what a torturing wait!

18. Farpenoodle

Farpenoodle Well-Known Member

Hey I have to wait until I get back to Singapore before I can play VF5 at all. D:

Heck any of my games because none of them have any competition up here in KL. *sad*

19. danny13

Went today but its still FT!!!

Bet its coming like a month later cos with the hand scribbled 'VF5 coming on next week!' means when the week comes, it becomes the next week then the next week then the next week....

20. danny13

Guys its here and its at 50 cents!