1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all Singapore VF5 players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by danny13, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Dashwolf

Dashwolf Well-Known Member

tampines

2. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

I should be down for a bit after work (should finish around 7ish to 8ish if things go well...) today. Anyone ?

3. Rulakir

Happy New Year guys~ [​IMG]

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!

Bugis anyone? lol

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

I always go bugis! But I never see you there!

6. Rulakir

Happy Chinese New Year chaps~
    May you get lots of Ang Pows! [​IMG]

For those of us who are married, here's wishing you health!

7. danny13

I'm getting married on the 28th March 2010!!!

Hi Guys,

Some of ya might have already know, I'm getting married on the 28th of March 2010 (Sunday). The solemnization and wedding dinner will be on the same day at Keppel Club Peony Jade restaurant. Those confirmed coming are:

Zhifeng
    Tetra
    Wildy
    Sock

By the way, my phone died so I lost hellalot of contacts. Do drop me a pm of your mobile number.

Some of you guys I've known from the very first day I started playing VF. I sincerely hope that everyone of you guys can come. [​IMG]

8. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

New Singapore novice fighter looking for scene.

Hi, I'm a novice player in Singapore looking to play against fellow novices (any of those exist in Singapore?). Anyways I'd also like to hang out with like-minded VF enthusiasts and watch the pros play.

I used to play VF4evo on the PS2 (tutorial and quest mode, and against roommate). Recently, I ignorantly bought the PS3 VF5. If I had known how much the PS3 version sucked, I might have bought a X360 console rather than this PS3 console.

If you guys in Singapore regularly get together, let me know when, where, and what's involved. Thanks.

9. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Re: New Singapore novice fighter looking for scene.

congratz on your marriage Danny and Rulakir, too bad I am not in Singapore to attend.

Have a good wedding day Danny [​IMG]

10. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome. I'm a casual player who occasionally (1-2 per week) plays only at the Bugis arcade VF5 machine there (no console) - I play Jacky, Pai & Kage. I'm probably considered a novice by the regulars.

IIRC, some of the dedicated Singapore players arrange regular meetings at certain places to play the console version. I'm afraid I'm not involved nor am I privy to the details. Maybe one of them will see your post and contact you privately ...

BTW, what char/s do you play?

11. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm currently playing Lau, Pai, Goh, and Vanessa on my PS3. I'm probably considered a scrub by the novices. Can't help it, when there's no one I can play with.

I live around Paya Lebar. If you ever want to play on console on the weekends, let me know. I don't have joysticks though.

12. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

Interesting offer. However, it'll be difficult for me to play on console controls ... I'll end up playing no better than a scrub... I'll think about it - you free this weekend?

Another thing is that we only share Pai as common char, plus she's not my strongest.

Any of the hardcore players contacted you? You can learn much more from them - if they don't turn you into a punching bag.

13. Rulakir

Dude, I'm not married yet... [​IMG] but Danny is!

Its been a while since I popped by over here... so just wanted to share a bit... The VF5 scene in SG is pretty dead to be honest. The last time we actually had a console gathering was around july last year, and since then, everyone's pretty much moved on to SF4 or Starcraft 2, or had sucky jobs that ate our life away.... [​IMG]

We still gather at Bugis, but I think you'll only find people playing between 6:30-8 pm at the best of times, and mostly on friday nights. I myself go there maybe once in 2 to 3 weeks now, and even then its just to have a quick few games in before I gotta run.

Supid, if you're keen, just drop us a note here, and we'll see what we can come up with in terms of gaming.

14. danny13

And I already have a son that's coming to 4 months old.

15. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Its been a while since I posted here. Same with me. The last "tournament" of sorts was held in my place in 2002. Then my daugther arrived in 2003. Brought to Funan DigitalMall yesterday and to see them get entralled over Kinect's Dance Central got me thinking of VF.

Glad to see the community that has grown online though I can't say the same for VF in SG.

16. Rulakir

Happy Chinese New Year everyone~

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

Maybe you guys could help? I'm trying to figure out who the Lei-Fei was that I met a few months back

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Congrats Danny!! Didn't know!

19. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Koedo is in Singapore. We just talked over the phone for 20mins.
    He probably working here for a year.

If anyone wants to meet up with him, please contact me on Facebook. So that I can setup event calender. Easier lol.

He will be around for a while, so dont worry if you dont get to see him on the 1st gathering [​IMG]

20. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Tell him I got a better job for him in LA. :p