1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Can Akira reverse a punch / kick ?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi -
    Can Akira reverse attacks?? I can not figure out how to make him reverse any kind of attack yet.

Thanks for the tips,
    Jeff

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I am supposed to answer this question as it is quite basic but you seems like a genuine fellow. Reversals are done with a direction according to the hit level of the attack +p+k so for an attack that hits high b+p+k, for mid attacks db+p+k, for low attacks d+p+k and for flipkicks ub+p+k. I also suggest that you read the VF3tb Complete System article on the war icon above it will answer almost all of your question plus it is a great read.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It was a real question ... and thanks for the answer !

And yes I am reading the guides on this site but some parts are just a bit confusing to a total novice :) .

4. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

It may be a step above what you're doing, but I wrote a post about timing for doing the reversals that you might find useful.

virtuafighter.com/cgi-bin/versus/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=532&page=97&view=expanded&sb=5&part=

-Jason