1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

CAN ANYONE ANSWER 7 QUESTIONS?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 13, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Just a couple of questions.
    1) does anyone know of any vf4 tournaments going on in Florida in the near future?
    2) what is the single most damaging move in the game?
    3) after beating the game is there any kind of character movie?
    4) there is a rumor circulating through the arcade I play at that Taka is a time-released character. Is there any truth to this?
    5) is there any kind of code to bring back Akira head dress or the water basin?(not like it matters)
    6) according to the story, who won the last tournament?
    7) who is the best player in the world? is it the person formerly known as "the Akira Kid" (I believe Shinz)?
    Sorry, for my lack of knowledge. The arcade I play at just got the game and nobody has beaten it or knows much about it.
    Anyway, the game is very sweeeeet and I am learning new things all the time.

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

1. I have no idea
    2. Akira's deep bodycheck(I think)
    3. No
    4. No
    5. I dont think so
    6. Kage
    7. I think it's too early to tell

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. No tournaments, but ghostdog is from florida. I bet he'd be happy to play some serious matches with you (he's in Jacksonville).

2.Akira's bodycheck (b,f,f+P+K) has the potential to do about 40% or more damage if it hits perfectly (really close). But I don't consider it the most powerful move. From further away it does less damage and in a float I've seen it do barely anything. I think the move you're looking for is the SPoD. It does about 40% damage every single time as long as you don't screw it up, and in VF4 you can't escape it once the stun palm connects. Once you get the motion for it down, it might as well be a one hit move that inflicts a ton of damage, plus a chance for at least a ground punch and maybe a pounce.

3. Nope, VF has always been a little bland in the storyling/ending department.
    4. No, just wishful thinking. I think Taka was excluded because he doesn't work in VF4's new float system.
    5. Probably not. No VF.Net either.
    6. Kage? I dunno. He doesn't look like he's gonna win this one though.
    7. Possibly Akira Kid (Shinz), but there are many excellent players in Japan who have to actually worry about the fact that their wins and losses are all going on record. These people have maintained 90% or better win rates over thousands of games. Some names from Japan you might recognize are Kashiwa Jeffry, BunBun Maru, and Kyasao.

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

1) does anyone know of any vf4 tournaments going on in Florida in the near future?

There was a tourney in Orlando last Sunday (the 11th). At Rocky's, I believe. The games played were CvS2, MvC2, Tekken 4, and VF4.

And like CreeD said, I'd be happy to come down to Orlando to spar with a few VFers. Just say when and where.

5. Hayai_JiJi

The bodycheck has the potential to do atleast half bar. We need confirmation on how the Mc damage bonus is calculated in VF4 before we can be exact. I have heard 25% of whatever move you use I have also heard 50% of whatever move you use. In either case the dBC is still more damaging than the SPoD.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

YOU ARE WRONG!

...juuuust kidding. According to Mr. Bungle it can do up to 120 with the nastiest major counter ever.

But! Will you ever get the biggest baddest counter under normal battle conditions? How often will you deep bodycheck a jumping opponent from behind while they do a flying mulekick (or whatever?)

For consistency, SPoD's the way to go. No counter needed, no distance requirement, just a steady 80+ points.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

2) How much does a GS (no TR/QR) take off? That might be 100 points, but I'm not sure. Or is it 80 points, no TR/QR, and even less if you do? Or is it 80 points TR/QR or no?

8. Hayai_JiJi

Okay okay but does anyone know how the Mc damage bonus is calculated in 4 is it like 2 or like 3?

9. Hayai_JiJi

The GS does 80 without TR/QR and 60 with it.

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Geaaach that sucks! It's going to take some adjusting not seeing the GS take off half life...but I guess it's fair, given the range and R.O. ability of the throw.

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Actually, you can tech roll the GS at two points. You can tech the initial impact with the ground, saving the last 20 points, or at the first bounce, which will at least get you standing before Wolf gets there. You can tell the difference by whether or not you make the crunching sound when you hit the ground and tech roll.(and the fact that you lose the extra 20 pts) :)

Of course, all bets are off if he GSs you into a wall. Guaranteed 80 points plus the down attack, b,f+K+G, or (not sure) small pounce.