1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

can anyone speak japanese and english very well?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 34, Jun 7, 2002.

1. 34

34 Well-Known Member

one of my japanese friend wants to join this BBS but he needs someone who can translate his japanese to english.
    anyone wants help him?

his ring name is [shizuoka ochanokai hakusion lau]

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

There are a few, im sure theyd be willing to help out .

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Well, I'd be willing to help if I can. My japanese is pretty limited, but if he keeps things simple, I'll try. have him (or yourself) PM me.

Spotlite

4. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i sorry to say that.
    his japanese will be quite hard.
    thanks anyways

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Send it to me.
    If I can't, I have tons of Japanese friends who can help ur friend.

6. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I speak fluid Japanese.

7. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I could translate also. I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say. You or he can PM me and I'll translate.

8. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Why don't we let him post in Japanese?
    It's great to hear he wants to join this board

9. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

[shizuoka ochanokai hakusion lau]
    You have a great friend, he is very famous player in japan.

10. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i also talk with taikobeya oosu akira sometimes.
    haku said that oosu akira is pretth good as mukky akira. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'd be more than willing to help out. I used to live in Shizuoka -- good people. Anyways, I translate here quite a bit, so I'm sure it'd be quite easy.

If the other guys don't work out, just PM me. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

I could help in translation as well. I suppose the language he would use will be in VF terms, right? I don't mind doing it since that's what I've been doing in NY.

Hi, Bryan. Until yesterday, I didn't know who Spotlight was. Andy and Rodney told me that it was you!! I heard your name Spotlight when they had gatherings in LA but I didn't associate it with you. I'm glad that my NY VF friends are still playing VF.

Hiro

13. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    OFF TOPIC

Hey Hiro,

How's it going? Nice to hear from you. Last year when VF4 ver A/B was out I visited Japan, and I stayed with Tetsuya in Tokyo. I got to play VF4 a lot in Shinjuku, and I'm going again sometime this summer. Next time I come to new york, I want to play with you guys again. I got to fight Andy a lot at version B, but haven't played anyone else from NYC at VF4 yet.

Anyway, like you I want to hear what Hakushon Lau has to say /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

Bryan (Spotlite)

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

like you I want to hear what Hakushon Lau has to say

<hr></blockquote>

Don't we all /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

15. chandlerz

chandlerz Member

Can they read and write in English?, or you write in japanese??

16. GaijinPunch

I think you'll generally find most VF'ers (and most people in general in Japan) don't speak too much English. Writing is another story, but VF terminology can be a bit tricky.
    I admit, I don't know all of (or a lot of) the English terminology.

17. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i will talk to [haku] to join this bbs by himself and i will expect some one will traslate his japanese,
    thanks everyone.

18. GaijinPunch

Tell him we want some of that Shizuoka Green Tea too!

19. GaijinPunch

Oh, yeah... just a suggestion.
    Whomever you choose to help w/ the translation, I'd suggest having Hakushon send them a PM in japanese, then the person sending the translation back in English, letting him post. Just an idea.

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I just realized I've had a few movies of hakkyuson playing... he's quite good. It would be great if he finds a translator if he could share some lau ideas here..