1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone explain the dan system?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BlueFlash, Oct 3, 2001.

1. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

Hey guys,
    Can someone explain the dan system in VF? In various posts you guys mention the dan of the player, and I am wondering if you mean what the machine has ranked them, or is there more to it? Also, how does this affect the game because in a couple posts it was mentioned that character's outfits changed according to dan level. Is this true? Thanks

2. Tot

Tot Active Member

For kyu players, you get exprience points. If you gets to certain exprience points, you get promoted.

Starting from 1st dan, when you fight against with same rank and if you win, you get 1 point and if you loose, get -1.
    If you got +5, you get promoted and if you get -5, you get
    depromoted.

If you get over 1st dan, you will not depromoted under 1kyu.
    If you get depromoted to 1kyu from 1st dan, you go back to
    the exprience point system.

Players above 4th day, you get promoted if you win against
    same dan 5 times in a row and if you lost 5times in a row,
    you get depromoted.

The rank above 10th dan is called "Sho Ha Oh". If you are 10 dan and even if you win against Sho Ha Oh one time, you will be Sho Ha Oh. If you are a Sho Ha Oh and lost to 10 dan, you will be depromoted to 10 dan.

3. VIVI

VIVI Active Member

What happend if a Sho Ha Oh lost to 1st Dan ? Still 10th Dan ?

Will that 1st Dan be Sho Ha Oh ? So once you are 10th Dan you need to win 5 times against any Dan Rank player to get to Sho Ha Oh ?

4. Tot

Tot Active Member

Sho Ha Oh will only be depromoted loosing against 10th dan.

If you are 10th dan, you can be promoted by winning to Sho Ha Oh OR, winning against another 10th dan 5 times in a row.

5. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

Thanks

How does this affect the incentives like the items you can obtain on VFnet., or does it at all?

6. Tot

Tot Active Member

Re: Thanks

It just makes the game more interesting. Dont you think so?

7. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

Yes, I think the dan system is awesome, but

I've never gotten higher than 3rd dan in VF3tb against computer, on normal also! aiya, I really need that joystick, but I'm just waiting for VF4 on PS2 anyways,.....

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Yes, I think the dan system is awesome, but

just do PPP,PPP,PPP ad infinitum with jacky. within a few tries you'll nail meijin, for sure.

i'm not kidding, either.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"