1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Can the ps2 be hooked up to a moniter

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

or other high res devices?

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Unlike many of the other next-gen systems, PS2 was not designed to be compatible with high-res monitor display. There are some PS2 VGA boxes being sold in various places, but they're basically line doublers that "fake" high resolution, since the PS2 can't do true 640X480 res. I've heard mixed reviews on how the final effect of these looks, but if you want one, just search the internet for "PS2 VGA Box" or something along those lines.

3. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Actually PS2 can do high res up to 1280*1024(or was that 1027*768?). Anyway the reason it is not used in games is that it eat the VRAM. So while it is possible that in the future games will support VGA I would not hold my breath. And like ZC said the line doublers look well.........bleah!!!!

Actually after some research, there are games that run at 640*480 than down sample to 640*240(like DC but with a lower quality filter). This means that a VGA box could actually work with the PS2 or just grab the RGB from the PS2 and make you own VGA cable. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

you sure?? I never heard of that?? I thought the limit was 640x512 or something.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

gah, all these lame answers.. here ya go.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=23&products_id=274&>http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=23&products_id=274&</a>

Enjoy.