1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you throw Akira after he does Knee?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LittleWild, Feb 23, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Frame disadvantage is at -9, but after some testing conducted by friends, they say it is not possible to throw after you block the knee.( Akira can down punch)

Might be a possible error in Blue Book.

2. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I tried it out many times against KUMITE Akiras. In the end, I always end up eating some move.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Akira's knee is indeed throw counterable, both in open and close stance. If you're getting low punched in the throw attempt, it means you're trying to throw Akira when he's landing. Try executing the throw command when Akira is still in the air. (Or, try jamming P+G P+G P+G when you block, that works too.)

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I also tryied that in VF3, and I could never get a throw in after the knee, akira could could always get some kind of quick attack in before.

5. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

For once, i've got to say that Akira's knee is not throw counterable. I've encountered Akira's doing:knee>DBC yuks! when i attempted to throw him even before he touches the ground. However, the knee is punch counterable. I've MCed an Akira with LP. Couldn't certify if its major or major'est'.
    To add to the above, Akira can dodge your LP.

6. Genie47

Hmm.. Never tried spazzing on P+G. WIl give it a try.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I originally thought the knee was uncounterable too, but it is not. You can throw Akira. You just need to buffer it in while he's still in the air. If you wait until he touches down, it's too late. The frame stats are right and indicate why it can be difficult. You only have a window of one frame if Akira buffers in an attack after his knee. Err... Akira could do attack-double throw escape after a blocked knee?

8. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Chris, the other night i was at zhifeng's place and we test it out by me doing a knee and him mashing p+g straight after he blocked it(before i land) but my lp always hit him. I really believe that it is not counterable. I only get thrown after knee if i try to dodge or guard low.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, that *is* interesting. I'll go try this out again with my friends later this week...

10. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

By no mean authority on this topic, but Akira's knee = throw counterable. This is something we've gone through month back when people do nothing but knee > lp repeats. If you are being lped then you aren't timing your throw correctly. Try not pay attention if akira is "coming down" from the knee or not, instead try to finish your throw input before you come out of the block stun. If Akira lps after his knee, you will be able to PG, command PG him. Even the fast GS will beat the lp, everytime!

11. Luya

Luya Active Member

Gee, you guys are good to pull off Akira knee. A nightware for average player.

12. Genie47

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I really believe that it is not counterable. I only get thrown after knee if i try to dodge or guard low.

<hr></blockquote>

Time to use Evade > Escape Throw > Guard, EETG as per TRIAL 14 /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I just tried this at Danny's place, the knee is indeed throw counterable.

14. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

proof. check out <font color=orange>CreeD</font color=orange> ftp "recent" files. load and view <font color=white>Shang vs. Hyun</font color=white> in round three Hyun throw Shang's Akira after knee. over 6 minutes of battle... many interesting situations. CreeD's movies found easily through Ching dude discussion in Media section.