1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Canned follow-ups for Akira, plus some combos

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Muttah, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Muttah

Muttah Member

I wonder if this is anything new, still it haven't come across these anywhere (maybe someone would find them useful). Generally, the case with canned follow-ups goes like this - whenever Akira can do his canned SgPm, which is after the ST, SE (useless option), or guard breaks (d+P+G and f+P+G), he can also go for canned DbPm (which is executed by d/b,b,f+P). It seems guaranteed after ST (comes out faster than the nearly-always guaranteed SgPm), and has a good chance of connecting after f+P+G (comes out really fast, maybe also guaranteed /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif ).
    Now, on to the combos.

Easiest and (prolly) most damaging follow-up to b,f+P+G (with the wall) is Yoho (d/f,d/f+P) , BC - up to 114 pts. The case is, if the distance isn't proper, the opponent won't bounce of the wall after Yoho. But that doesn't spoil anything, cause Akira recovers fast enough to backstagger the techroller (he falls HT/FD) for a guaranteed combo (let's say SDE , m-DbPm, or SDE , DLC [not vs lights]).
    Another one with the wall (also easy and damaging, starting with ShRm) goes like this: ShRm , P , Yoho , BC (from medium distance).
    What do You think about those?

2. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

a cool follow up from the ST is a YOHO.
    a yoho combo will give more damage than the
    ST, sglpm,dblpm! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    whaddaya think of that?

3. VFanatic

VFanatic Member

Although yoho has the potential to do more damage than sglpm, dblpm, yoho is not guaranteed. I'm pretty sure (not positive) that sglpm, dblpm is the only guaranteed follow- up for the ST.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Hey, a tiny correction - sgpm, dbpm is the best guaranteed followup... but not the only one. You also have a canned dbpm followup.
    Akira's f,f,f+P might be guaranteed, but I'm not positive.

5. VFanatic

VFanatic Member

I forgot about the canned dblpm, thanks for the correction. As for the SDE, it's a frame faster than the sglpm (according to the version C Akira Movelist on this site) so it should be guaranteed, right? Or is the canned sglpm faster than the normal dblpm?

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

canned sgpm might be faster than m-dbpm but I doubt it.... sgpm is slow (like 17 frames I think)...and even a sloppy m-dbpm should be less than that. Canned dbpm in any case is the fastest option, but canned sgpm-dbpm is still the most damaging.

7. VFanatic

VFanatic Member

Thanks, CreeD for answering my questions.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

After a ST, I have managed to get SJK, [P], DJK. SJK isn't guaranteed after a ST, but very hard to avoid. Total damage is around 76 pts, compared to 60 pts for ST, sgpm, m-dblpm. The sgpm is 15 frames at close range, 16 from long range BTW.