1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Canned ShRm from f,b+P+G?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Muttah, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Muttah

Muttah Member

I've heard that After the f,b+P+G Akira can land a ShRm (canned ShRm???) everytime :meh: I mean, I know that he can do that ;-), but is it guaranteed to hit? The CPU with guard turned on gets hit by it, but sometimes it lets in some weird things which are not guaranteed (still, I don't have anyone to test this with). Is there any struggling or such thing possible in this case? Thanks for any info ^_^

Muttah

2. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Akira has only 3 options after the pull in throw and all of them aren't guaranteed. I'm also not sure what you mean by canned Shrm...are you referring to f,b+P+G~P+K? Because that can be blocked with f+G. The other canned options are to dodge up or down which could be followed with a reverse bodycheck. Those can be blocked by hitting the direction of the dodge+G. So if you tried this by setting the CPU to block he will not block it because the CPU isn't pressing f+G.

3. Muttah

Muttah Member

Nope, I meant ShRm, the whole sequence would look like this: f,b+P+G , FC,p+P+K - After f,b+P+G Akira goes to FC, so ShRm can come out right after that - will it connect on a blocking opponent?

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    No it won't connect on anyone simply holding Guard. Even the dashing elbow (f,f+P), which executes faster than the ShRm (D,f+P+K) isn't guaranteed after a f,b+P+G.

If you consult the command lists, you'll see Akira only has 5 frames advantage after this throw, which doesn't guarantee anything, but certainly puts him in a favourable, and crouching, position!

To test similar situations in future, you can record the CPU to perform the action then play it back on yourself to see if you can successfully guard, escape, or whatever.

5. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

My dear friend Myke is getting better and better(from the postings). Hmmm...wonder wat kind of training are u doing?

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

24 hrs reading and memorizing every single frame stats to prepare for a VF test!!!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif