1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cant do Akiras Long Combos

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Jerro, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Jerro

Jerro New Member

I go really fast and cant seem to get it for some reason, it seems impossible.I hear he is really good and need some pointers on how to use his long combos and reverseals

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

If by "long combos" you mean his 3-hit strings, remember to let the stick return to neutral after each hit. For most of the other ones, you need to learn modified moves (just buffer in a df,df crouch dash before you do it). For example, Akira's standard shrm, P, shrm, low kick combo is df,df,f+P+K, P, df,df,f+P+K, d+K.

3. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

One idea would be to go to free mode and set the speed to slow, then just practice the motion until your comfortable with doing it then try it in realtime. At least this is how I did it /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif even tho I don't use him

4. Jerro

Jerro New Member

I am not sure what buffer means and how do u get enough time to pull in his 3 hit strings, when i go against the computer it seems to fast to get the move in.

5. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i believe the word here has to be, practise.
    u need to stay calm and practise the accuracy of ur input , at same time, with speed.
    shldram floats well most of the time, hence the shldram, p, shldram...does not require extremely fast inputs to pull off, but you cannot afford too much delay while executing it.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

constant repitition is the key, you'll get used to the flow alot easier this way... give it some time though, akira is quite a stiff character to use.

still debaitable wether he's "hard" or not however..