1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Players

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by leftylizard, Sep 10, 2012.

1. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Virtua Fighter 5 FS is a good fighting game. It has depth, good graphics, and a great netcode. But I noticed the game is thinning out some on xbox live. The Virtua Fighter community has always been small (in the U.S.) and I think some of that has to do with the misconception that Virtua Fighter is an elitist game and only for hardcore players. A fighting game should always have room for players who just want to play and have fun or just mess around. These kind of players should be welcomed with open arms in any fighting game. Because believe it or not, these players will have so much fun playing that maybe in time they will actually decide to aim higher and level up like the great players.

I THINK THAT CASUAL PLAYERS SHOULD POST THIER GAMERTAG AND LOCATION IN THIS THREAD TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHERE THEY STAND AND TO FIND OTHER PLAYERS LIKE THEM TO PLAY. And maybe if a pro /elite player comes arcoss their name they will know how to better accomodate them. The pro player doesn't have to use his main,but he can use different characters,so that way the casual player gets matches and doesn't quit playing virtua fighter cause no one wants to fool with him(the community is to effin small as it is to let potentially good players slip away)and the pro player is learning something during the matches by playing different characters. I don't expect elite/pro players to play casual players all day,but just throw them a bone and give them maybe 8 matches once in a while.

POST YOUR GAMERTAG AND LOCATION IF YOU ARE A CASUAL PLAYER.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Sometimes it can be hard to know if the casual player would rather face the wrath of your main or feel insulted by you not picking your main against them. It's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations.

Pai~Chun, Evil_Intent666 and Bilal like this.
  3. G1 TinTin

G1 TinTin Well-Known Member

XBL:
    G1 T i n T i n
    I know what you mean. I know it's just friendly comp, but I would rather take that ass beating though.

4. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash

BUT THE MAIN REASON FOR THIS THREAD IS TO HELP DEVELOP A CASUAL COMMUNITY IN VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FS. I just think that this will greatly benefit everyone in the long run...pros and casual player alike.

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I think it is a matter of preference. I know that I'd hate to fight someone's non main especially if I'm trying to be good at the game. This is regardless of how outclassed I am. I credit most of my growth as a player from those types of fights and I'm glad that I didn't start getting their crappy alts.

If by casual player you mean a weak player ago has no intention of getting stronger then I can see why fighting a pro alt is preferred. What I do is use my newest most raw tech against weak players. The stuff I know works but for one reason or another haven't fully incorporated in my gameplay yet. I always have a set of things I want to try on weaker opponents. It keeps things intersting for me and keeps me lvling regardless of my opponent.

6. TojiDestro

TojiDestro Well-Known Member

I love this game but I hate being stuck in the online ranked abyss.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  7. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    No comment...

8. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Hello, I am a fairly casual player, based in the UK. Only really know Pai's moves, so mainly use her, especially now I can play dress-up with the DLC :) Tried to use a few other characters on there earlier today, but got creamed twice as hard. Gotta go back to school like Rodney Dangerfield on this one!

9. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I think the "main" point of this thread is for casual players to post their gamertags so the can get together and have some fun casual games. And for others to know when you're coming across a casual player if you notice the name.

A casual player won't care if you're not using your best character, and would probably have more fun if you were using a character you don't really know all the moves for. Since they'll most likely be able to land more hits on you, and the match would last a little longer since one wouldn't know high/max damage combos.

If one does want you to use your best character and not hold back, then congratulations, you are now not a casual player. Well, maybe you still could be, but usually casual players don't care too much about getting really good but wouldn't mind some small improvement.

Guess the best way to determine would be to post "take it easy" or "don't hold back" along with their gamertag.

10. Brad K

Brad K Member

Just realised while I'm not hardcore I guess I'm not really "casual" either.
    Would casual players even be on a VF forum?
    I agree with everything the op said however and being new it can be disheartening to have your butt handed to you over and over.
    It would be nice if a pro could use an alternate or maybe let low ranked opponents get up and breathe for a second.
    Unfortunately there are very few player and room matches. And Ranked matches may be intimidating for new comers. I used to get upset going online years ago and loosing over and over so i simply played offline.
    Now I'm old and really don't care about rank and losing, i just want to get better and have fun, and hey I'm already winning a match here and there, or even a round or two ha.

But i fear many new commers or casuals may give up if they arent given the occasional break.

11. Brad K

Brad K Member

I think the op's intent is to help bring casuals into competitive play due to the lack of players online. Its pretty dead out there for a game that's only been out a few months. New players are forced to play ranked matches with highly competitive players that tear them up.
    This leads to a fear of potential fighters giving up, and as a result less players to fight.

Is everyone on ttt2? Doa 5 is coming out this week with 3 vf fighters. Its gonna get even more dead online.
    The game can be played in many ways. It doesnt have to be black and white. Its up to the community to figure it out and keep it interesting.

leftylizard likes this.
  12. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    If you're in Ranked and come across a better player, ask if they'd run some player matches...I'd be happy to.

resist, Brad K and Tricky like this.
  13. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Yes.

I'm pretty basic myself on this, and run into plenty of people of the same kind of ability who I ping wins and losses back and forth with every time I load it up, and VFDC is often mentioned in the messages, same as it was on the old VF5. Some people even have the full address listed in their user profile on the console networks.
    AFAIK, this is the VF forum, so where else would even mildly interested fans go? The general fighting game sites often relegate VF to a tiny section, and the others are all mainly focused on other specific franchises from different companies.
    If you look on some of the profiles here, the join dates go back to the '90s. No one else outside of Japan can really provide the same kind of resources, whether it's fairly simple combo follow-ups to help succeed at online matchplay, or advanced just-frame tech perhaps more applicable to offline tournament environments.

14. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I am as as casual as they come

15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Im a casual player........ Ill play anybody.

phanatik likes this.
  16. EvenPit

SDS i need to play u i keeps hearing about but never seen u play seriously, i need to level up and if that means getting my as kicked in the process im all 4 it. Ur a Jacky right?

17. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

you know... i destroyed you in rank a few times....

18. EvenPit

i dont remember that how long ago was that I wouldn't be surprised

19. Evil_Intent666

Evil_Intent666 Member

PSN:
    kikdwittheleft
    XBL:
    One iyd Warior
    I consider myself casual, but open to learning from my mistakes too

GT: One iyd Warior

20. Altered