1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Central Florida Players?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Manjoume, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

Any folks in central Florida, say around Orlando?

I'm currently planning on going to CEO(June 15-17th). Any people want to meet up and play VF, be it casuals, a side tournament, or anything else? I don't know if FS will be out, but we gotta start meeting up, making a scene, and getting new blood.

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hey Manjourne, welcome to VFDC. I would have made it to this for sure but I'm going to be in Kalamazoo, Michigan at that time.
    Ladon is in Japan but hopefully Incident or Xtian can make it up there.
    What part of Florida are you in?

3. INCIDENT

INCIDENT Well-Known Member

I MAY be able to make it up there for CEO, but nothing set in stone yet. I'll try and let you know.

4. Manjoume

Thanks @tonyfamilia,
    Oh cool, I used to live in Grand Rapids, MI.
    I'm in central Florida, near Orlando.

I'm about 80% sure I'll go, but if you guys (VF players) say you definitely will, I'll be there. Other than VF, I plan on at least watching MK but I'm not sure if I'm competing this time.

@INCIDENT That'd be nice.

5. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Member

I live in Melbourne.

Anyway, CEO is June 15th, which is after the release of Final Showdown. I want to get some action at CEO and maybe meet some of you.

6. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Here's to old blood. If you're looking for new blood, I'll throw my old blood in the pot and we can try to brew something up. I live near disney. 9045203050. I think i still got what it takes to move and think faster than most.....=P

PS: Just bought my copy of VF5 showdown on PS3, if anyone wants some matches hit me up, my tag is Blondie_Hydra

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Well lookie what we have here ... [​IMG]

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    The return of Hydra perhaps? [​IMG]

9. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Sup guys! uhhh yeah, putting energy into a VF scene is like fueling a fire with water, especially in the states =). In a world where simple flashy gimmic games have the marketing to back a large number of casual gamers, vf unfortunately demands a different breed of fighting game guru. I think i still got some lightning in my tight jeans though lol. Good to see you guys still on here. Long live VF!

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

What's up Blondie? Where's Eric?

11. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Not sure =/, I think he's a teacher in English in Michigan. Haven't talked to him in quite some time.

12. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey guys.. my screen name on psn is stompoutloud

13. Kingbison

Kingbison New Member

Whats up everyone, Im a player in Orlando on XBL. Hit up Kingbison if you wanna play.

14. Manjoume

CEO has passed. There, I spectated and played one player there in VF after my MK pools (don't ask lol). The guy I played recommended the UltraChen videos, which I still need to watch since I only saw part one.

I have VF4 Evo to learn from but people are definitely better. I don't know if VF5FS will be at the next CEO event, but I've seen TvC there so as long as you bring a set up I think you're good to go.

I still have a long way to go given work, but I'm treading on.

15. Kirbilot

Kirbilot Member

XBL:
    Kirbilot
    I'm in Gainesville but I have been playing on xbl a lot lately so if any of you guys want some games, add me.

Hey Manjoume, was I the guy you played at CEO? I was playing Blaze and you used Akira?

16. Mr_Lee

Mr_Lee New Member

PSN:
    bruciethebeast
    Names Bruce, I live in Ocala which is an hours drive from Orlando so any players in the area that wanna hit me up on PSN my tag is bruciethebeast

17. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Hey bruce, i think i've played you on psn a couple times...hit me up whenever =) I'm always on in the afternoon. I live in orlando, by disney.

18. BlondieVF5

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Central Florida VFers, I'm going to start hosting a biweekly gettogether. I'm hoping some of you still read match making, I'll also be posting on SRK and TZ for anyone interested. The purpose is to clear up any questions some new guys might have in person and also practice offline matches for upcoming tournaments and gatherings, AS A TEAM. Please message me if interested.

19. Delpira

Delpira New Member

Well, for those seeking new blood in Florida, I just picked up the game and have already put some serious time into just the dojo. I like the game a lot and am down for a gathering of sorts in central florida.

20. llMICll

llMICll Well-Known Member

Yo, I'm in Jacksonville, Florida. I've been playing this franchise since vf1. I know I've shared a few matches with BlondieVF5 on PSN (ggs btw). I don't have internet, so I go to a friends house and play under my gamertag: llMICll

I'm usually online on weekends and occasional weeknights when I have time. Hit me up if you see me.