1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

CHALLENGE THE XBOX GYM LEADER GAUNTLET!!! STREAMED GYM MATCHES ON R.A.W!!!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BBountyHuntyr, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Yes, something like that :D
    Nah, the idea is great, I am justa bit confused about the players. For me as european player, all regions are unplayable because of containing serious numbers of US players. Johoto have only like 2 of EU players while elite4 is 100 % US - there is EU player in elite 4 - Marly - but in different region.
    With not a single region being EU-friendly, I am missing the point of putting in EU players who are changing Johoto into not-US friendly.

I will think that making one region east-coast, one west-coast and one Euro will make much more sence that how it is now.

That is my reall point :)

2. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I understand your point. But the thing is, connections from US to Europe to play gym battle matches may not be so good all the time. Usually connections played that far of a range, as well as speaking from experience, aren't exactly that good.

The whole East/West coast regions sound like a good idea, but finding players specifically from each coast would be hard considering that I do not live on the West coast. I do not know players from that area, or even areas in Europe. That would be difficult for me because I am not from either place. Not only that but there are players down South and in Mid US who play VF that I cannot leave unaccounted for. Thing is, connections aren't always that good from there to Europe.

HOWEVER, @Unicorn if you can come up with a region for Europe, with a complete set of 8 Gym Leaders, 4 Elite Four members, and a Champion from Europe who are willing to participate, I'll be happy to add it as another region to the list. If you manage that list with me, I feel it can be done and Europe will be represented ;) But you would have to create that list.

How's that?

3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I can make the list, question is if I can make people agreed to participate in project that is not mine :)

Anyway:
    champion - kingo
    elite 4 - Pana, Krye, Marly, Chibitox
    Gym leaders - a LOT of options... Dunno who to pick 1st :) Blossy and Maki are already in, then Minster, Godel, Combo, daydream, electrolex, kahnrahn, nowhere, xliiv, thrfin, adam, settra... and I am sure I still forget quite a few :)

4. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

@BBountyHuntyr
    @Unicorn
    If you make a euro region you might as well include the guys who are already on the existing list and make the new euro region and US regions separate. Because, for example, if some US guy wants to take down all the gyms in a region and he comes across a EU gym leader he has a bad connection with whats he gonna do? Also for battles in this region, Unicorn could stream them them on EBC rather than they be on RAW.

How's this for a euro region list?

Gym leaders
    Makilesushi
    God3l
    Mister
    Unicorn
    Combolamas
    Kahnrahn
    nowhere
    Blossy1000

Eilte 4
    Krye
    INIero
    Marly jay
    Chibitox

Champ
    Kingo

EDIT: lol simultaneous post with uni's

Unicorn likes this.
  5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Lol, same elite 4 :p

Strider786 likes this.
  6. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I won't change the list unless the Euro leaders on the current list wish to be off. I haven't heard problems with their connections so far, until I do they can play as leaders in double regions. Unless they literally say they only want to play in the Euro region you know? And the list wasn't supposed to be posted until it was finished Strider Lol

7. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

I posted this one before we began discussing it.

8. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I see, late notifications. Sorry.

9. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Unfortunately, many of the really serious, long term players over here simply won't play America online, even on FiOS vs FiOS, as dropping from 3 bar to 2, messes up their precision game too much. Trust me, I have tried to bring certain tags together overseas plenty of times and there is really only a small number on Live who will stomach it. On PSN I should imagine the situation is even starker. As you get further into Europe, obviously the distance is becoming so great it's almost the other side of the world from the USA.

Me personally, I'm not so fussed, cuz y'know, I'm dat 1KK fiend anyhow :rolleyes:

10. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I have been thinking long and it is time for me to expand my land i am putting an open challenge to any one of the elite 4 of my region Johto Region. Azalea town is not enough for me and Eileen.
    FT5 or FT7
    character Eileen

BLACKSTAR and Cozby like this.
  11. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Why not take over a gym then? You can't have a gym and be an Elite Four Lol