1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chanchai’s Meals: 2/25 Lunch - Kage’s 4PK & 6P+K

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Chanchai, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

ABOUT Chanchai’s #VF5FS Meals Posts

I’m trying to improve my basics in VF and especially knowledge of moves my opponents use or might use. But I’m a slow learner... and I need it bite-sized.

So I’m trying to digest 3 meals a day (maybe more) in VF. And share it here, on social media, etc... ^_^

The first place I post is on Twitter, so everything is formatted weird in a tweet-thread. This makes it more bite-sized but also different. On these posts on VFDC, I intend to include some of the replies from twitter and any interesting and productive conversation involved.

This series is character independent, a meal is not always going to be the same character as before. So I’ve posted this in the general Dojo since it is a series. If admin really wants to put it under character forums, that’s fine, but some meals might be multi-character.

Hope you all enjoy!

Summary of Today’s #VF5FS Lunch
    ORIGINAL SOURCE SUMMARY TWEET:
    https://twitter.com/chanchai_ns/status/1365075655323357186?s=21

* Kage 4PK is 13-frame punishable. (that is all i’ll say for today on 4PK, practice punishing it, including delayed version)

* Kage 6P+K is -6 ranged nitaku but...
    ** Kage will want to punish your attack response with crushes or backdash or evade etc...
    ** You can evade punish this attack (btw, it is half-circular).
    ** If Kage hits you, you’re sideturned. That is bad. Cover that another day.

If your view of taking turns is kind of strict, this is the kind of move to set you up for a rude awakening!

On hit or MC, you’re in deep trouble side-turned and ready to crumple.

On block, the Kage can punish you if your response is predictable and it takes effort to throw too

However, the upside is:

* Evade punishable (but it is half circular)
    * You can out-read Kage and blow him up too
    * You can disengage (backdash or backdash-evade) if you don’t want to play this game

Today’s #VF5FS Lunch... (The original Tweet Thread)

Kage
    4P delay K: 13 frame punish

6P+K: 6 frame Ranged Nitaku

6P+K results in elbow range after guard.

Nitaku: Use up to 17 frame mid, but throw will require dash or crouch dash.

Be careful as this situation is ideal for Kage to crush you.

Kage’s situation after block (6P+K) is good for Kage!

Kage can:
    • Low crush (9K+G)
    • High Crush (3P)
    • use defensive attacks
    (like sabaki attacks ***Monty later corrects me that Kage cannot sabaki this exact situation, but I also re-emphasize my intention is to illustrate Kage can use attacks that are applied very well from disadvantage—defensive attacks as I am calling them here)
    • Can Backdash and whiff punish your short-ranged pokes

Consider ranged 17 frame mid but beware of evade and punish.

Can CD pressure Kage after guarding 6P+K

If you evade 6P+K you can punish.

From -2 (if you blocked jab then evaded:
    49-23-2=24 frame punishable.

It is 21 exe so if you evade from -9:
    17 frame punishable after evade.

Also... and this is so important... This move sets up sideturn and Kage is terrifying in side turn because he can lock you in it and has standing combos from sideturn. In addition to crumpling you with his sidekick.

That’s a deep rabbit-hole and my stomach is full from lunch.

——-
    (The rest of this post is a conversation on twitter, I thank Monty for chiming in to help people better understand the situation! In VF, the most important thing is the truth ^_^)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    R_Panda, Oioron and nou like this.