1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Change to the board

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    As you can see, the DoA board has been renamed and should be used for any off-topic discussions.

All the old DoA posts will remain intact.

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Much Thanks to you Myke. Now if people will just actually post here.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Buddy
    Just a question on interest.

How does one qualify for Max battle?
    We fly to Japan and start entering it?
    Or do we have to win local tourneys, then be able to qualify for max battle?

How r things up there?
    Having fun I hope:)

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Max Battle

How does one qualify for Max battle?

From what I remember, Sega had the cooperation of various arcades and game centers, especially the Sega owned/operated/sponsored ones, in the particpating countries in holding a local tournament where the winner would then be flown over to Japan. Even though Sydney had a Segaworld at that time, we never received an invitation to the MB.

I don't know of anyone personally who attended, but Zengzhi (sp?) was a likely candidate for winning the right to represent Singapore, but I think something came up which prevented him in competing in the local tourney. Maybe you Singaporeans can clarify that, and any other details pertaining to MB qualification. (Apologies in advance if I've totally fubbed up the story).

How r things up there?
    Having fun I hope:)

Things are going great here in general. I've been either snowboarding or getting drunk (sometimes both) every weekend I've been here so far. Going ski-dooing tomorrow, so that should be interesting. Hope I come back alive!

And the women here couldn't be more 'iller' :)

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Max Battle

So when is it summer over there?
    I wanna play with you one last time b4 we all move over to VF4...

Good to hear things haven't changed much for you:)

Hmmmm, Max B.....eagerly waiting for it!!!!!
    Gotta be a part of it!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'