1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Char and fighting style you want for a future VF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Marauko, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Marauko

Marauko Well-Known Member

Do think VF needs more characters? I think VF needs more chicks i love all the ones we already have 5 (without Dural) but still. And of course with a distinctive martial art without losing the perfect realism and balance of VF. What about you guys?

2. jherb5000

jherb5000 Well-Known Member

I think a old short woman that practices eagles claw kung fu. Give her alot of multi part hit throws, and a counter that shifts to a grab stance like Goh or Vanessa.

3. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

They'll release two so 1 could be a black person. The " " 2 that we have seems to have traits that really Not fully Africanized. OR they are simply given the Dumb crazy teatment (ie.. Jeffrey). Jeff is Austrailian (whatever, doesn't really look like an aborigenee), While Vannessa has unnaturally white hair, Michael Jackson bleaching and so on.

I doubt they would include another black female, so then i would like a male.

Either make him african with some type of local fighting skill. or go the easy route and make it good ole american street fighting.

The next coice would be another heavyweight. There really should be more than Jeffery and Wolf as heavyweights. If Taka isn't returning, might as well create someone new. Sega doesn't have the Balls to create a female Heavyweight so might as well make it another male. (Do we really need another pint size Eileen, Pai, Aoi, Sarah lightweight)). Or (one of the plenty middle of the road Kage, Lion, Brad Akira type).) I'll leave it to you guys to decide the ethnicity and style of this new heavyweight.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif

4. Marauko

About the african fighter he could be a boxer or street fighter like Mike Tyson or Kimbo Slice.

And the female can be a tall girl with long legs(sexy at the same time)that uses for her Tae Kwon Do kicks.

I think it will be nice to see a puncher and a kicker in the boxart of the next VF with Taka Arashi in the middle of the 2(yes Taka will be back!)

5. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

A female heavyweight wrestler from Russia named Olga.

6. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

wouldn't that tall girl, with long legs, that uses a lot of leg kicks be a bit redundant with Sarah??? Plus who needs another lightweight chick. And chances are that person would be Asian, which is something I would go away from right now. Assuming Taka is coming back, we have Taka, Goh, Eileen, Akira, Kage, Aoi, Pai, Lau, Shun, Lei Fei, and the 11th person would be that Asian Tae Kwon Do chick. Basically 10 are either chinese or japanese and chances are, 1 would be Korean. What real mix martial arts competition have those numbers. You need to get more African or African decent people in the game, they make a huge portion of fighters in various competive leagues. Another option would be a brazilian. And not the BS caporeia crap that we all know in never wins crap in a true competitive martial arts league. Plus, it would be a copy cat of Tekken so stay away from that. Rather, go for the Royce Gracie type of Brazilian. Someone with a tackle type move like Vanessa. Instead, has a lot of different options on the ground and one with at least a few unguardable ground move and several strings of ground holds and combos, that would indicate that this person is a true ground warrior, something that would be totally fresh and no other game has.

7. Marauko

It doesn't need to be asian look at Brad he is italian but he does Muay Thai.

8. Inforcer

Inforcer Well-Known Member

Re: Char and fighting style you want for a future

Capoeira - This is a major fighting style I would like to see in VF. I would like the character to be ethnic like Eddy Gardo . I cant imagine anyone else doing the style with such finess. They can be from Jamaica,Africa or even Brazil. I am sure this style would take on a lot of attraction to VF like eddy did for Tekken 3. I would prefer Male than female

BRING THE REAL STYLES AM2

9. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a capoeira character as well as a pentjak silat player.

10. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Rather than adding more fighters what about making the fighters that are already in the game more true to form. Some of the moves of some of the fighters are a little 'suspect'

Also what about adding the capability of letting you add to the movesets once you're beyond a certain rank (e.g. Dural does a little of everybody else) The ability to add a subset of a style or two would be kewl.

I'd rather see more styles added that can be added to existing fighters:

TaeKwonDo
    Tai Chi Chuan
    Wing Chun
    Xing yi Chuan

And then give fighters a choice of hand to hand or weapons based prior to a match. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

11. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

Wait for Tekken 6 for shooting shotguns at people. I'm not holding my breath though.

Anyway, I'm strongly against the idea of custmizing a character's movelists in VF (about as much as giving VF chars weapons /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif) . I really like the dedication of every character to his/her style... Dural's case is unique - and that's why she's unique. Now how would you imagine that, Akira w/TFT and Giant Swing? Or... Wolf doing a SPoD?

I'm all for a Tai Chi practicioner, much less for a Capoeira master (seriously, Sega would have to try really hard not to make him look like an Eddy-ripoff). An image of an Okinawan tomboyish Karate girl flickered briefly through my mind, not too original though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif .

My voice for Tai Chi, Hakke (Baguazhang) or any internal Chinese martial art then. But, for the sake of all that is holy - not just "added" to a character. Tekken does such stuff all the time, and it's an eyesore (Julia /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif). These styles take years to master after all, it's not something you pick up along the way.

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Even though it isn't as effective in real life as it is in the movies, I've always wanted to see a Wu-Tang style fighter. (no, not the rap group)

Also, I'd like to see a fighter with all of the five deadly venom styles either combined or able to switch off between them. These are the 5 styles:
    Snake, Scorpion, Centipede, Lizard and Toad.
    For those who dont know about this classic kung-fu flick, introducing the Poison Clan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNfIe5m3Gw

He could switch to Lizard style when close to walls! Obviously, the toad style would have to be toned down or removed altogether.

"The toad style is immensely strong and immune to merely any weapon. When used correctly, it's almost invincible."

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Totally unique looking art form, and I don't think it's ever been done before in a videogame.

14. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

How much cooler would the vf muay thai character be if he looked Thai and wasn't Brad, the lamest character ever in VF? Seriously, he sucks. He is great example of some Japanese people thinking that a particular type of guy is "cool" and macho rather than so metrosexual as to be, um... unmanly.

Yes, I know Lion isn't exactly manly either, but with him it's fine; he's out and loving it!

15. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk

When I say customizing movelists I mean within a natural progression. For example it might be legitimate for a tiger stylist to learn a couple of moves from a mantis stylist.

Also keep in mind that many of the hand martial arts styles have weapons based counterparts. So its not necessarily a departure from ones style to use a weapon..

But I see what you mean. It does take a life time to learn a style. Thats why I said only after a certain rank, and possibly number of fights e.g (10,000 fights). At this point the player could pick some style that is related in legitimate way to his style amoung the other fighters and add some subset of moves. Or if there is no other fighting style that is consistent then there would be a new list of moves that the fighter could select from that were consistent.

This would reward players who had achieved extreme skill in the game.

There is a way to make it all work. And I much rather see this kind of innovation than trying force feed online play /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

16. MystD

MystD Well-Known Member

Karate
    Jujutsu
    Wing Chun
    Taekwondo
    Sumo (without screwing the game)

As Easter egg:
    Kirkpinar

Cool but not possible:
    Sambo

And custom characters like Soul Calibur III ^-^

17. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

I see where you're going, but I still believe that VF is all for equal chances - the ability to make a character better would basically mean unbalancing a fairly balanced game, and I wouldn't like to lose because someone pimped his warrior and I don't have my memory card on me, catch my drift /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ? The best reward for having extreme skill... is your extreme skill, of course!

I also realize many martial arts use weapons, but I like VF as a pure, weaponless fight. Aoi with a bokken could be cool, but it's best left for artworks...

Cheers!

18. Marauko

Imo VF doesn't need a character creation mode cause that will screw up the entire balance of the game that's why we have a lot of custom items to use on the standart characters.

Can anyone tell me why Brad is categorized as "italian" in VF cause his surname is Burns...not italian at all.

19. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk

Perhaps you're right., I wouldn't want the balance to be skrewed up either. (And it would be nice if we could take our profiles around with us on memory cards but not since VF4).

I guess I was just wondering where the game could go in the future. E.g what would VF 7 or VF 8 look like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

20. laidlocks

laidlocks Active Member

I would very very much like a pure middleweight boxer. Not another Balrog/Tyson ripoff but more along the lines of a fanciful Roy Jones type ripoff. No kicks of course – lots of taunts. Cool taunts unlike Jacky’s girly YEAAAAHHHH. He already has a built in rival – Brad. And if the Japanese are scared of nappy hair and African features they can make him the usual oddly placed Euro-Asian (think Goku DBZ in SS form,Sailor Moon, Naruto ~blond/blue eyes,Full Metal Alchemist, Cloud from FFVII…) and I would be plenty happy. One of the taunts could have him going back ol’school and going into early 20th century/Marcus of Queensberry rules type stance LOL Come on that would be priceless.