1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Character edit in VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mirkan, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I was just wondering...

How does the character edit work anyhow?
    I've seen these pics of Akira with a bunny on his shoulder, but I've also seen lots and lots of different colored Jacky's, with no (noticable) difference but the color?

What features does this char edit thing include?

/Mirkan

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's part of the japanese vf.net system. The color of your costume is determined by your rank, which is determined by stuff like winning percentage and number of wins. In other words you have no choice about the costume color, it's automatic. Only high ranking lion players for example will get the red or silver lion costumes. Only mediocre pais get the cool purple and black, etc.

The items are partially determined by your winning stats too. There are 'curse' items and 'winning' items. Winning a lot gets you new helmets and hats and maybe some drastic changes to the costume, losing a lot gets you the squirrel or bunny or some other goofy stuff. all of this is in arcades in japan currently, none of it is in american/canadian/whatever machines.

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

What about the VF1 character models in the game? I know it's another vf.net feature, but I've been hoping that somehow it would be preserved for Western audiences.

Personally, I'm hoping that all these cool extras will be present in the PS2 version. I'd like to the extras unlocked the same way (win-loss) as in the arcade, but, hey, whatever works.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

we know some costume stuff will be in vf.net from the gamerweb movie. No pics of the alternate colors but that's sure to be in, it's easy to implement.

The VF1 model may or may not be in there.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

VF1 models are used during the ending credits of the arcade game, so the skins are in there... If the PS2 conversion has the same ending credits, you'd think they would make the VF1 blocky characters usable too. As Creed said, it would be easy to implement for a rather cool feature.

6. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Er I posted a VF4 review link at the media section that covers the above topics.

7. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I really hope this is up to oneself in the home version, at least the coloring thingie..

This reminds me of the old days with IK+. Sometimes I didn't want to get a new belt because it was so ugly with the red suit (I always got to play the red one, my brother always played white and looked cool with whatever belt they put on him.. grr)

Oh well, wrong game and off topic, time to end post =)

/Mirkan

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I agree. If we can choose to go all black or have a purple jacket, orange pants and pink shoes on any character, combined with the extra items like hats and shades then all the better.

It's perfectly feasible, I only hope AM2 go through with it come the PS2 conversion.

9. retsam

retsam Member

Actually the VF1 Characters ARE useable, at least here in Japan. I played a guy playing Lion that used the VF1 blocky character. I wish I knew how to do it.

-Ret

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You need to be at least shodan per Bronze Parrot:

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=18594&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=18594&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1</a>

Use your VFnet card and hold P+K.

11. PPPK

PPPK Active Member

Oh that is SO cool. Weird I know - but the 'blocky polygonal' look is still pretty outstanding.

12. PPPK

PPPK Active Member

Yupa. You're a God. Just got to (a) get a VF4 machine within 100 miles of where I live and (b) get a VF.net card.

Human cloning? Faster than light travel? Pah. They pale by comparison.

PPPK :)