1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Theme Songs

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Lemonspawn, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

So I get the snot kicked out of me by this Vanessa A.I. while playing kumite a little while ago, and I think to myself, "I fought the law, and the law won." Then I started thinking about how cool it would be to have a theme song playing for each character when you fight them, and so I've decided to make a playlist of songs to fit each character from VF4. I was never one to believe in the mozart effect, but this just might get me in the fighting mood. I haven't come up with too many good ones so far, so I was wondering if anyone else had thought of a song (or songs) that totally fits a character. Here's what I've got rolling around in my head right now:

Vanessa - "I fought the Law and the Law Won" (who is that song by? I know there's a Dead Kennedies cover)
    - "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-Lot

Sarah - "Lucretia MacEvil" Blood, Sweat, &Tears
    - "Criminal" by Fiona Apple

Wolf - "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran (There's a pretty decent cover of that song by Reel Big Fish, too)

Kage - "Bang Your Head" by Quiet Riot (that's a reference to his heavy down attack hehe)
    - "The Sound of Silence" by Simon &Garfunkel (Basically, the first line of that song makes me think of a ninja, and the rest of it is just a good song.)

Aoi - that song that goes "You spin me right 'round, baby"... I dunno who it's by

Jeffry - "Gangsta, Gangsta" by NWA

Shun - "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg
    - "The Entertainer" ... can't remember who that's by (isn't shun entertaining?)

Lau - "Kalinka" This is a russian song that I will go out on a limb and say most of you have never heard, but somehow I think it fits Lau. If you want to download it, I recommend the version by the Russian Red Army Choir.

Akira - "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath
    - "I am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel

Jacky - "Song for the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five (I can totally picture Jacky getting dumped and then getting pissed off at his ex.)

Lei-Fei, Lion, and Pai - I'm running out of ideas.... anyway, I'd like some feedback on this, as it's providing me (and potentially you!) with something with which to suppliment my virtua fighter addiction. Happy fighting!

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Lion -
    "Dancing Queen" by ABBA

3. ono

ono Well-Known Member

pretty cool idea.

But i think at least one of the characters needs a real suspense/dramatic song.....

examples.....from the horror films(scream, halloween, etc.) where its just a ''haaa haaa ha haaa haaa' and its like a choir singing type of voice...im sure someone knows what im talking about...

another example being from Star Wars Episode 1, where Obi and that other dude fight Darth Maul...if you listen to the music,...its very suspensful..

i can just imagine a character pulling off an endless combo.... with that type of music playing......it just fits.....it would create a feeling that the other character could only think.."im gunna die?!?"

-ono-

4. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

You know that song by Enya, I think it fits well with Lei. When I listen to that song, ahhh yes, so refreshing, like listen to the river flow ever so gently in the hills of my hometown watching, waiting for the moon to shine upon the clear, smooth water and when the moon emits it's light upon the river, the water twinkles like the stars in the mysterious night sky. It's irresistably beautiful. Then you wake up in the morning, smell the fresh summer breeze, hahaha........ (sigh)..........magical. Then the butterflies, can't forget about them, they look so delightful (giggles). Ahh yes, the flowers, sweet smelling flowers, it has an undeniable, shall I say pulchritude /versus/images/icons/wink.gif.

Something is seriously wrong with me. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Next time someone whack me. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

5. ono

ono Well-Known Member

Yes, please...someone whack him.......sooner the better.....

whats gotten into you, man??

6. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Whacking is not enough...
    You need some headbashing /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Something like Jeffry's [1_][P][G] near the wall in VF3 would set your ideas straight /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Wolf - Macho Man (by the village people)
    Akira - Ride of the Valkyries, because everyone knows you're fucked /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Jeffry - War (by bob marley)
    another Lion- Kung Fu Fighting (by Carl Douglas)
    Pai - Piece of Crap (by neil young)
    Jacky - March of the Pigs (by nin)
    Shun Di - I Drink (L7)

8. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Wow, these are some good ideas... I need to download some of these. Dancing Queen is DEFINITELY a keeper... perfect for Lion. And as for a sort of dramatic, classical chorus piece(actually the one i picked for Lau is sort of that kind of song too), that thing from episode one is cool, and I thought of another one - "One-winged Angel." It's the music from the final battle with Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII (I just know some of you out there know that song /versus/images/icons/wink.gif ) Oh yeah, and Ride of the Valkyries: great idea; reminds me of Apocalypse now, too, hehe.

9. HighKing

Lion - I'm the only gay eskimo (by Tenatious D) /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Jeffrey - Because I got high ( by Afroman)
    Sarah - Move bitch (by Ludacris)

10. m121zero

m121zero New Member

I'm the only gay eskimo...LOL!!! That actaully kind of fits...

11. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Hehe I love Tenacious D... but I don't know if Lion would appreciate the songs we've picked out for him.... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyway, I was thinking about Kage, and though i like the stuff I've got for him so far, none of it has a real ninja "feel" to it... I was thinking of something sort of mysterious... I dunno maybe like Shadow's music from Final Fantasy III (VI). Or maybe... There's this song I've only heard once and I can't seem to find it, but it's from some anime and I think it's called "Sorrow." It's really cello-heavy and I think it would be a perfect serious piece for Kage. If anyone's heard of that, let me know. Oh, and I was thinking that maybe some of you anime fans might know a sort of peppy, japanese number from an anime that might go good with Pai /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

12. Clumsy_Mohel

Clumsy_Mohel Member

Tenacious D? Are you sure they wrote that? I have "I'm the Only Gay Eskimo" by Corky and the Juice Pigs, and I downloaded it, and I know it's them, because it's a live recording and it says "And now, Corky and the Juice Pigs" Then they talk to the audience a little, and then they play the song. Does anyone know if Tenacious D did a cover of this or something?

13. HighKing

They performed it on SNL or Mad TV, I don't think it's on their album.

14. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Yep, Tenacious D performed it on Saturday Night Live, and at the end of it they performed it in a bunch of different singers' styles such as Bob Dylan and Van Morrison... it's quite funny.

Anyway I came up with a few other good ideas:

Jacky - "My Feet Can't Fail Me Now" by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band (This song is totally awesome, get it (and it's also featured in a totally awesome movie that comes out on video soon, "Big Trouble."))

Pai - "Dance of the Sugarplumb Fairy" from The Nutcracker, by Tchaikovsky
    (maybe this would be better for Aoi? I dunno)

Not sure who this song would go good with... I think it would be great for someone who just kicks your ass quickly... maybe Lau or possible Akira - "Meltdown" by Clint Mansel, performed by the Kronos Quartet (from the soundtrack from "Requiem for a Dream")

Lion - "Soul Finger" by the Bar Kays (cuz he pokes you /versus/images/icons/wink.gif )

15. NewB_4_Life

NewB_4_Life Active Member

Which song by Enya are you talking about HighKing, I know all but those from A Day Without Rain album - excluding Only Time. I'm a huge Enya fan I really liked that picture your words painted, but next time, i'll be sure to whack you, just because...

Oh yes, Vanessa has got some serious ass on there, a nice roun' bumpa, yu seet. Buay mi wooda wine it, fi real.

16. HighKing

yup, Only time. Ahhh yes so refreshing, I feel like I have to write another description of summer, anybody want me to do that?

17. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Unless summer is a girl, no. If she is, describe her in that same style -- that'd be funny as hell.

18. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Jeez, and I thought *I* was a hopeless nerd.

19. HighKing

haha........(sigh).......Ah yes the girls of summer. Umm, Uhhh?!??. I'm running out of ideas. Sorry. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

20. wu_wei

wu_wei Member

We can credit MP3 sharing and "broken telephone" type titling for Tenacious D getting credit for a Juice Pig's song.

The song in question is the Juice Pig's own and while Tenacious D may have done a rendering of said song the version you refer to (parody's of various singers) is by none other than the song's originator.

Listen closely and you can pick out 4 different singers. Get the correct version without editing and you will hear the announcer introduce Corky and the Juice Pigs.