1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Threads

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Myke, May 2, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A while ago I posted a request for links to threads that were character specific. Good threads with valuable content that is. Anyway, I'm finding this to be hard to maintain, so I'm inclined to drop the idea altogether, and take down the Versus City Discussions sections from each VF4 Character page.

Unless, of course, some of you volunteer to maintain the links to the discussions and update them every now and then.

For now, I've fixed the broken links that were caused by the last Versus City reorganisation, but I'd appreciate people stepping up and volunteering their help to maintain the discussion links. A limited amount of html knowledge would be helpful, but not essential (I can teach you what you need to know in one paragraph), as you will only have to maintain a single html file, and simply send it to me whenever you update it.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks to the overwhelming feedback I received (i.e. none) on maintaining Character specific threads which are used in the Discussion table of each Character section, I've gone ahead and created a script which pulls the latest (currently 30) Versus City threads with the characters name in the subject field. These threads are sorted with the latest at the top.

Have a look at VF4 Akira's section and scroll down to Discussions to see how it's done. All VF4 Character sections have this feature.

Hope some of you find this useful.

p.s. I know about the date display problem and will have it fixed soon.