1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Tournament Rankings in Japan

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by akai, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's too bad. Kakurikon was playing incredible strong! I think no one could stop him that day!

2. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

oh please shut the fuck up.. What you wasnt breast fed as a child? You just crave attention...You talk much shit and can't back it up....lost 15 then wasnt to cop a plea. As far as bitch ass Tiripsem go...You hour mad cause you got your as whipped simple and started bitching.. Fuck your respect and anybody elses..Anyway you and K.Asshole stay free..you both are trash.

3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Lmao. Classic SDS, whenever he's backed to a corner and knows he lost he starts spewing out several obscene words in an attempt to seem tough and in control of a given situation, you're pathetic. No one is denying that you have some skill in VF, hell I didn't even bring it up. I called you a real weak nigga and you proved my point, sup? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stay free~ We still cool offline right?

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There he goes again.

And it was less than a week ago he said:

So much for that.

5. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I have not watch all his matches last night, but Kakurikon was doing very well in the Battle Audition - Tokyo tournament (which is archived and available to watch)!

---

For the most part, I believe it is always the individual player's skill/commitment that determines their success rather than "averages" and "numbers" in the charts or their position in "tiers."

I think all the VF characters have enough options to deal with any situations (even though the options have different levels of risk/reward).

6. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

Has he always played as Aoi? I don't think I've heard of him before.

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    What you just say, goes well with his new special title [​IMG]

8. Tiripsem

"Unrecognized"

I dunno' if he should be angry or happy about receiving that title XD

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Might be somewhat "a lost in translation" meaning to the phrase. An emerging talent, maybe

10. Tiripsem

Oh I see now, it's unrecognized genius or hidden genius. Not bad at all. Would have been kind of unfitting if someone like Jin or SHU got it, not exactly undiscovered geniuses, lol.

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    It makes me wonder if they have a list of possible special titles, and depending on who won the tournament they will pick an "appropriate" title....

12. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I'm a bit indifferent dividing the most consistent to less of characters. Picking whoever that is available, whether it's a selectable character or a boss, just make things more tolerable to me.

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Latest ranking charts made from Version A single tourney data from AM2's website Apr-21-11 to Mar-26-2012. Just a reminder the "semifinals spread" is just basically the total number of semifinalists that were using the character.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
  15. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Knew you'd be happy about that Marly. Wolf is pretty low down again, looking at the raw data there must be quite a lot of entrants using Wolf though.

How many Bodychecks does it take for Akira to come first place 118 times?

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I knew eileen was still ranked highly. She just looked more effective overall in FS. Not surprised.

17. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I don't know whether Wolf being that low makes me happy or sad.

18. Nippon1v1

Nippon1v1 Member

Pai chart all the way

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The usual: Take tier lists and these ranking charts below with a grain of salt :p Updated the Final Showdown Version A charts up to May 6, 2012 tournaments. The main addition is the "Entry" column found in majority of the charts I have previously made.

[​IMG]

As an example on how to read the above chart, I will use Jacky' data. In 1,285 tournaments with 21,906 player entries, Jacky was used by players 1,476 times. Jacky is a popular character ranking 3rd (Entry Column).

Out of the 1,476 times players used Jacky in a tournament, 383 times did they reached the semifinals. This is interpreted that the general population of Jacky players have slightly above average success in advancing to the semifinals, with a fairly high rank score of 4.

Out of the 383 times Jacky players reached the semifinals, 186 of them advanced to the Finals. This is interpreted that the general population of Jacky semifinalists have average success in advancing to the finals, with a mid-range rank score of 11.5.

Out of the 186 times Jacky players reached the finals, 87 of them wins the tournament. This is interpreted that the general population of Jacky finalists have average success in winning the tournament, with a mid-range rank score of 13.5.

[​IMG]

Maxou likes this.
  20. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yay Vanessa's not the least popular character!

Not that being very popular in this version helped Wolf win tournaments [​IMG]