1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Characters that we need in the next Virtua Fighter, VF6, J(6) World Championship...

Discussion in 'General' started by Sonic The Fighters, May 8, 2022.

1. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

- A pure Boxing character : heavy weight Boxer, just like Mike Tyson or Tyson Fury.

- A Wing Chun character : let's see how it should be (really) done with the martial art from SEGA.

- A Capo character : yes cause we also need a capo in VF, same thing as above and let's see the SEGA version.

- A Sambo or Samoz character : a character who would use some russian martial arts.

- An Oriental character : a female character with oriental dance and animations.

- A Classic or Freestyle dancer : a very classy or flashy character who would use his dance again to fight.

- A Spy character : just like Metal Gear/Splinter Cell/Perfect Dark, this character would have camo for a few seconds.

- A Kunoichi character : a female Ninja to counter Kage, but with more movement gameplay and aerial animations.

- A Robot character : a young kid humanoid with armor moves cause (s)he would be a robot and absorb damage.

- A Brawler or Thug/Mafia character : obviously we want Kiryu or Majima as a guest ? Or maybe from Streets of Rage ?

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  2. Sonic The Fighters

So what do you guys think ? No lol ?

At least, we see that it's still possible for SEGA to have some ideas for new characters, and it's not easy with VF !

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Don't we have a topic like this already?

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  4. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Seems like wanting a better version of brad burns
    Lei Fei does some of this, he just needs more options
    dunno how it'd fit virtua fighter
    Vanessa is already virtua fighter's dragunov

Eileen clones???
    Kage is already this, his alt costumes prove this
    Don't see sega ever going the "shoto-clone"/style clone popular in most franchises

Dural fits this

We already have goh

It would be hard to make virtua fighter feel like virtua fighter with a large roster

5. GustavoHeisenberg

I'm now in the keep the roster small camp, since I learnt to love virtual fighter once I understood WHY IT IS. FIGHTERS over PERSONALITIES. Generally, each fighter is complex and unique, serving to exploit a different element of the fighting engine.

RobHimself likes this.
  6. Sonic The Fighters

This must be the most hating and non objective response i ever had lol.

And also yes, maybe someone already made this thread before, very likely... But who cares ? Anyone remember ?

mohamed_amervf5 likes this.
  7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Honestly I like the idea of a Wing Tsung (or Chun depending on the federation) done by SEGA since i've been practicing it in the past.

The other mentioned styles don't really tickle my curiosity.

Here's some other styles that we might like:

Eagle Style
    Snake Style or Snake and Crane Style (tho Lau Chan has some of those moves)
    Tai Chi, it's weird we don't have one and there's one in DOA

Pa Qua (or Bagua depending on the Region), Just like they did with Vanessa they could take out the stance from Pai (PPP or others then 9/3P+K+G) and give it to a full character focused on the style.

Sonic The Fighters and masterpo like this.
  8. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Wing Chun is definitely missing from VF. And we could use a Wing Chun. character.

We could also use a Capoeira fighter in VF. It would definitely add to the diversity in matches.

@Sonic The Fighters An interesting approach would be for RGG to change Dural's moveset. Instead of Dural having moves from the rest of the roster, give Dural her own moves that use missing styles from VF. e.g. Dural would be able to do Wing Chun, Sambo. Capoeira, etc. That would make her a different kind of Boss:cool:

@GustavoHeisenberg Lei Fei doesn't have Wing Chun moves. His move set is sufficient.

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    As a Wing Chun practitioner, please no. Unless it was used to introduce something new to the game, like grappling or infighting.

Whatever they do, they really need to step up. I actually don't expect a VF6 until they're ready to deliver a paradigm shift in terms of 3D fighters.

10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @MarlyJay I sooooooo hope U R right(y)

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  11. GustavoHeisenberg

Sorry but I used to be like you somewhat

I had some crazy wishes too before I figured out what Virtua fighter is and learnt to respect it: @Tricky knows some of the obnoxious hatred I used to have for the franchise, especially Eileen. BTW I like Eileen now, I get why Virtua fighter is

12. GustavoHeisenberg

I really want to believe that but SEGA is too broke and passionless for risk like that. It's not even SEGA's fault, the whole industry is very afraid of risk that why we will see microtransaction cheese left and right

beanboy likes this.
  13. beanboy

Well I mentioned this in another post, last year, but a Tiger kung fu practitioner, would be a cool idea, since they do alot of grabbing and pulling with vice like fingers, that are almost inescapeable.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  14. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Tiger swallow fist from Lau isn't enough?

GustavoHeisenberg likes this.
  15. beanboy

Well yeah, but authentic Tiger style, has alot of clawing, pulling and grabbing actions.

16. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Lau already does. If it was all a character did it wouldn't be enough to fill a moves list. And there is no grappling or clench system in the game so it would be just strikes and throws.

17. beanboy

To a certain extent yes, but not fully.

That I agree with.

18. Pyro_Jake

Pyro_Jake New Member

Maybe introduce Lion's father who uses Canne de Combat (short cane) for combat cuz he's old. But it might be too big of a headache to balance.

I also think it'd be cool if in VF6 we got new characters to replace the really old characters. Maybe have a young Lau Chan that is actually Pais' son named after his grandfather or a young woman drunken master for Shun Di (110 years old now!).

I'd be more than down for this cuz they'd probably make a great beginner character.

I think VF is gonna be F2P, which wouldn't be the worst considering the state of MTX and DLC in $60 fighting games. At least then it'd be more justified.

19. LoG0

LoG0 Member

It'd be cool to have a full on boxing character in the game. I do like the idea of them being based on Mike Tyson/Tyson Fury, but I'm also curious to see how they'd attempt an out-boxer, similiar to Muhammad Ali and/or Thomas Hearns. Could make for a unique character.

Sonic The Fighters and masterpo like this.
  20. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I dunno Brad has at least part of the boxing thing happenin, how would a pure boxer be different from Brad?

What kind of throws would a pure boxer have?

Would your idea for a pure boxer have any kicking game?

LoG0 likes this.