1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Charleston, SC: Bi-Weekly APEX Tournaments

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Icege, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Icege

Icege Member

The Green Dragon
    7671 Northwoods Blvd
    North Charleston, SC

Direction from N:

Take HWY 17S
    Exit on to I-526 W
    Exit on to I-26W
    Exit on to Ashley Phosphate Rd
    Straight through the light
    L into the Ice Palace shopping center, it's down near the end closer to the mall

OR

Take I-95 S
    Exit on to I-26E
    Take the Ashley Phosphate Rd exit
    L at the Stop sign
    L at the light
    Over the overpass, L at the light
    L into the Ice Palace shopping center, it's down near the end closer to the mall

If coming from South or West of Charleston, you can pretty much substitute HWY 17S for HWY 17N, and I-95S for I-95N.

2. Icege

Icege Member

Information on 6/29 Tournament

Sunday, June 29th, 2003

Tournaments start at 2:00pm EST

The Green Dragon
    7671 Northwoods Blvd
    North Charleston, SC

All games will be played on console (Dreamcast and Playstation 2). All games will be double elimination, best two out of three matches. The winners' and losers' finals will be the best three out of five, while the grand finals will be the best five out of seven matches. All games that can be, will be APEXed.

Games: Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Guilty Gear XX, Soul Calibur 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken Tag Tournament, and Tekken 4

All games are done through Evo rules. If we have less than 8 people for one game, it'll be up to the participants whether or not they want to have the tourney.

Room Fee: $2 per person
    Game Fee: To be determined

Prize Distribution
    1st - 60% of the pot
    2nd - 25% of the pot
    3rd - 15% of the pot

If any additional information is needed, contact the following:
    Chi - (843) 851-8435 or via AIM: ilikebeingalive
    Josh - (843) 224-8545 or via AIM: Icege

Personally, I'd like for Project Justice and Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore to be playable as well, but oh well ~_^

3. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

Re: Information on 6/29 Tournament

I'll come if the VF pot is high enough. College student = no money for 3+ hour road trip unless I can win it. So who wants me to take their money? I'd like to bring a Lion or Jeff. Anyone else in this area trying to make it? Creed?

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

We're thinking of coming, are some ppl definetly coming? The drive from FL isn't too far, it's really dependant on who decides to come.

5. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

the hydra van can hold 5 comfortably. 6 if it needs to.

6. mindelixir

Not hydra.... now I can't count on winning. Seriously though it would be great if you guys could make it.

7. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Hydra road trip sounds fun!!!

8. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Yeah and i'll be able to go this time you bastards /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I may have to work on Saturday so I dont know if I will be able to go or not.

10. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Sounds fun /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Is it Evo or VF4? (Just to make sure). Also, It would be much more fun if there is also gathering play and not just tourney. Any plans for this? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. mindelixir

Hey man, if you wanna go we could carpool to save a little loot. Anyone else in the charlotte area wanna go?

12. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

That's this weekend!!.. hum... I might show up.. and btw Bu, check your pm.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. Icege

Icege Member

It's not a big tournament like the last one. It's mainly a bunch of locals playing. Hopefully though, more people will start coming. If ya'll still want to come though, I might be able to house somebody if the girlfriend gives the approval /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

14. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Srider: It would be a pleasure to meet you again /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I hope we can all make it and have some sort of gathering play somewhere as well /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. (Which means I am still not sure I am coming either /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

Icege: I am assuming this will be an VF4: Evo tourney, right? Most of the people willing to attend would be interested in Evo I think.

Also, maybe I shouldn't say this, but it would be much more convenient to hold the tourney on Saturday so that people have time to go back to their buisness/studies/work/etc... But I guess it can still be managed /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. Icege

Icege Member

Unfortunately, nobody here has Evo. In fact, there's only two or three copies of VF4 floating around between the regular gamers here. If ya'll have VF4: Evo, and common census votes to play it, then most definitely /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The reason it's held on Sunday as well is because The Green Dragon is a hobby store. As you can guess, Fridays and Saturdays are pretty much booked. Sundays were typically people playing Mage Knight or some other table top Mech game... now we get the room.

Srider: Jason is coming down here for a wedding on Saturday, and is going to play Sunday. Maybe you can drive to Gville, then hitch a ride with him the rest of the way?

I just wanna know when Team Hydra's gonna teach me how to play Vanessa, Lion, Pai, and Brad /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif