1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap 48X CD-RW and Cheap CD-R's

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Jul 6, 2002.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    For the benefit of everyone who wants to store media on CD-R's I thought I would post some very good deals on a CD-RW drive and blank CD-R's.

Dell has a Lite-On 48X CD-RW drive for $77.36 shipped at this link,

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.asp?Sku=A0020737&spagenum=1&category_id=2999&keyword=lite%2Don&mnf=&prst=0&prEnd=0&mnfsku=&orderby=price+desc&SearchType=AND&customer_id=19&Pageb4Search=search&page=search%2Easp&icompatid=&instock=0&refurbished=

right now they have free shipping (you can even choose NEXT DAY, and its still FREE!)
    I think the 10% is automatic, but if not, enter this code (from the deals page)

7A83FE73C267

your cart should come up with $77.36 total.

For those of you who dont know this is basically the best drive you can get speed wise and best bang for the buck. Lite-On drives are top performing and lots of companies simply rebrand their drives with Lite-On's.

CD-R's

For those of you who don't know best buy and compusa have some great in store deals

50 pack CD-R's after rebate for $4.99 and 100 pack CD-R's after rebate for $2.99.

50 at $4.99 is about 10 cents per CD-R
    100 at 2.99 is about 2.9 cents per CD-R

If you cant get to a store

TDK 16X CD-R Media, 700MB for $0.99 + shipping in Compusa (~$7 for 100 disks)
    16X CD-R Media, 700MB / 80 Minute, 50 Pack, Spindle
    (limit 2 per customer)
    Manufacturer: TDK
    Mfg Part #: CD-R80FXCB50T
    Product Number: 280569
    In-Store Price: $29.99
    Internet Price: $0.99
    (Not Available In-Store)

link
    http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...uct_code=280569

Shipping is $5.00, After tax and shipping show up around $7.08 for me
    Subtotal: $1.98
    Shipping Choice: Ground Freight Shipping: $5.00
    Tax*: $0.10
    TOTAL: $7.08

I got these from www.gotapex.com

They also have a great review of the Lite-On drive.

CrewNYC

TeamNYC

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved from Media board.

New threads in the Media board are strictly for VF media announcements only.

Thanks.