1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest A.I. Characters in Kumite

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by disco_stew, May 24, 2002.

1. disco_stew

disco_stew New Member

The purpose of this post is to have everyone rate the top 3 cheapest A.I. characters in kumite. Not specific computer players but just a character as a whole at any difficulty level.

Here is my top 3:

1) Wolf: 2 throws and your basically dead, computer can input most difficult throws unbelievably quickly.
    2)Lei Fei: never stops attacking.
    3)Akira: elbows and shoulders take off too much damage, inhumanly quick.

I think in general though every character is cheap especially at the higher difficulty just because they block EVERYTHING. I've noticed sometimes when you hit them against the wall the wall stagger animation plays but if you attack your moves are still blocked.

It is especially annoying when your character has a move that is slow and leaves you open and the A.I always counterattacks no matter how hard you try to block. Then when you play an A.I. fighter with the same character as you and they do that move they block your counterattack.

Lastly when you get to the higher rankings as soon as you loose one match even after winning like 50 matches in a row they will make you fight 3 or 4 ranking matches where they try to demote you. I think you should be allowed to loose a match here or there and not have to go through all that especially after a good streak.

I just wanted to post this stuff up and see what other people think and if they have noticed this stuff as well.

2. Wedge

Wedge Member

It can be kind of frustrating, the way the high skills AI's have super 'reflexes' when blocking, reversing, evading, etc, but it makes it challenging.

It would be great if the AI system was so good that it really knew all the details that the really good VF4 players know, like all the frame advantage stuff, and exactly when a certain move will be effective, instead of just having an uncanny ability to block everything, but that's why humans are more fun to fight against /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

But think of it this way...

Wolf - Good practice for throw escapes
    Lei Fei - good blocking and counterattack practice
    Akira - good evade practice