1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheapest VF4 in Singapore

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shundi_05, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hello to all the VF4 players in Singapore! Just manage to persuade the manager of Ang Mo Kio Funland to change the game to 3 SQUARES instead of the usual 2 SQUARES!!!!! Just got a confirmation that it is DONE!!! Guess what? AMK funland will be the new VF4 homeground!!! So don't give it a miss.

2. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe i just gave u credit in jamboree.hehe nice work~ =)

3. Shundi_05

Thankzzz for the credit. But seems to me that not much people are going down despite the cheap rates!!! SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

4. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

I've yet to go AMK but i can state u a few reasons of my own...

<font color=red>1. Its not geographically centralised.
    2. Only 1 machine.
    3. Too few 'chio bu'. Pretty gals Vs Bugis. (Kiddin!!! or isit real?)
    4. Insufficient focus on VF4 Vs KOF 2001.(i was told that there r 1 BIG KOF2001 and sooo many small ones.
    5. The crowd of competitors dun flow rapid enough.
    6. Ppl look forward to the days of VF3 where 2 competition sets like wat Bugis had.</font color=red>

Guess thats why ppl r not going AMK...

5. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    huh?AMK is MORE geographically centralised than bugis LoL.

6. LAU Abuser

Not really... If u ask someone staying in the north, he/she will say yes. But ppl from the west side would see Bugis far more convenient.
    Feii,
    Have u noticed the Akira combo used by the Japanese?
    [nearby wall behind Akira and opponent stands a feet away from Akira]: f,b+P+G[pulls opponent near Akira]>f,b+P+G , u or d+P+K [reverse BC: reverses wall behind opponent n opponent 'stumbles forward' but the distance is limited by the wall]>fff+P>DBC. Tis is a really good ring positioning! But Akira's choice of DBC could be replaced by fujin/versus/images/icons/smile.giftis will give Akira more breathing space as more often than not DBC recovers less quick than the TR(P+K+G) oppo. Oso, fff+P does not take good advantage since oppo bounces of the wall after fff+P. Could use sgpm>DBC for more damage. b,f+P+K can cont' to intimadate as an option/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

few 'chio bu'. Pretty gals Vs Bugis

Yeah, there was some nice eye candy at Bugis when I was back in Singapore last Christmas. Definitely can't say the same for AMK Funland...

8. LAU Abuser

<font color=orange>few 'chio bu'. Pretty gals Vs Bugis

Yeah, there was some nice eye candy at Bugis when I was back in Singapore last Christmas. Definitely can't say the same for AMK Funland...</font color=orange>

Its an understatement FeixaQ. Bugis is a city with many ppl and of course we'll find more 'Candy looking ones' out of the pool Vs AMK's stagment waters. Hahahaha!!!
    Furthermore, its Christmas season when u'r here... Try going AMK at that time and we might find some 'Sausage lookin ones' /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Whassup Zhifeng? Miss playing Lei Fei against your Shun =P

10. Shundi_05

Hey! Me miss playing with your Lei Fei too. After u and Ice-9 left, the pool of virtua fighter enthusiast reduced. When the two of u were here, almost everyday there would quite a number of players coming down but not now. Nowadays I play mostly with Danny(Akira), Kiat(Lei Fei) and Alan(Vanessa).Sometimes its kind of boring due to the lack of challengers here. And if u were to play 4 or 5 days a week and with only these three players, i think u can imagine what will happen after 1 or 2 months.

Actually I often see u(Chris) checking on the VFDC forum at around 10 am, Singapore time.I thought u might have forgotten about me (The old man at Bugis) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, that sucks. December was a good time for VFing; I had great fun! Seems like Shun is powered down somewhat in ver.C... bad news for you, perhaps? Anyway, if you have ICQ, my UIN is #5836001... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Shundi_05

YEA! I had a great time too or rather a difficult and fun one.YA LOR! Pretty bad for me cos u+k doesn't float opponents any more and some combos require more DPs! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Sorry but I haven't got any ICQ account but perhaps u can find me or leave me messages in VFDC. I log onto it when ever i have time.Everyday or once every two days. Take care and hope to see u in Singapore soon /versus/images/icons/smile.gif (Possible???) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah, okay, I'll use VFDC PM instead. Will definitely post a message if I'm heading down to Singapore anytime soon!

14. Shundi_05

Okei Chris! Keep in touch and keep the VF Spirit Alive! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Lau Abuser.....Read from your previous posts that u would be coming down to AMK!!! But haven't see you at all??? You are like a Ninja---seems to be out there somewhere but just cannot see you......... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

15. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

1. That is relative, you don't like it, fine.

2. So? What the heck has that got to do from stopping you?

3.You go to an arcade to play games. If you want to see chiobu youwill have more luck at other places. I sure hope you are kidding.

4. Same as 2. What the heck has "focus on KOF" has got to do with playing VF4?

5. Maybe it is because people like to give lame reasons for not going to play at AMK.

6. AMK was the place to play VF3 in the old days. Check your VF history.

If you don't want to go to AMK, it is fine with me.
    BTW, in case you haven't realize yet, Feii doens't play Akira. He plays Aoi.

16. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe.u ar....dunno wat to say abt u.stood us up so many times already.yea and FYI i dun play akira i play Aoi.hahaha.no interested in akira stuff also.
    =P

oh yea...Kiat who stays in jurong comes down almost every week to AMK to meet us guys.

and we go down bugis to play VF not to oggle at girls like u.

the one machine thingy i think can be discussed wif the manager as he is quite a nice guy.

and i also agree wif Littlewild tat AMK is a hot place for VF during the VF3 era.i think it will continue to be.as the area is gonna be changed alot in the next 6 months or so.

and lastly to end dun tell ppl u will come down and in the end u MIA.it pisses ppl off.

17. LAU Abuser

Look here <font color=yellow>Littlewild</font color=yellow>,

>3.You go to an arcade to play games. If you want to see chiobu you will have more luck at other places. I sure hope you are kidding.

I was havin a conversation wif FeixaQ on the 'chio bu' and its fuckin obvious tat we're joking u asshole.

>6. AMK was the place to play VF3 in the old days. Check your VF history.

There's no need to tell me that AMK was famous in VF3 dayz. Funan was oso famous in VF2 but look wats happened to it now?

>4. Same as 2. What the heck has "focus on KOF" has got to do with playing VF4?

Its KOF crowd that's filling AMK. Nobody will relate AMK to VF4.

>If you don't want to go to AMK, it is fine with me.

Why mention this point since its not a problem?

>BTW, in case you haven't realize yet, Feii doens't play Akira. He plays Aoi.

So wat if Feii only plays Aoi you bloody 'little thing' Let Feii tell me abt it. Sooner or later, his choice of characters will expand. If you fuckin dun like that portion abt Akira, ignore it!!!

<font color=red>Try to be polite next time Coz i dun even know u. Go AMK for all u like. That place sucks!</font color=red>

18. LAU Abuser

If you only stick to 1 / some characters, you r not goin' anywhere in improving your game.

To understand your opponents strength n weaknesses, u need to haf a grasp of the character he/she is using. i.e. If your opponent chose Wolf n happens tat u oso use wolf b4, its an added advantage to defeating your opponent. Dun rely on past combat experience with Wolf opponents.

19. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty normal in Singapore. VF3 was the same. There were a lot of players when it first came out especially AMK and Funan. The reason why many people play VF3 after a period of time was due to tournament. I think by early 1997, the number of VFers simply decrease. Thus me and Kiat always play with the same group of people in Funan. Maybe you guys can hold a local VF4 tournament. There is where I get to know new VFers.

BTW, you won't get tired playing with Kiat. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

20. DeLune

DeLune Well-Known Member

Did you play at Funan during the VF2, VF3 period?