1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chek this...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Jul 18, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
  2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

that _is_ cool.

but...ad. that image is of my own choice - look in my profile.

3. Mr. Bungle

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://hpcgi2.nifty.com/fand/VF2000/index.cgi>http://hpcgi2.nifty.com/fand/VF2000/index.cgi</A>

gahhhh! LOOK how many VFDC links there are!

they know we're here! they're SPYING on us! WHY don't they share!!!@!!@ WHHHHyyyyyyy oohhh whyyyyy

4. Mr. Bungle

spotlite - one of the links has our little snit, listed as "To borrow the '01.07.13 frame" in the translator. frame = flame?

:)

any readers from japan? don't be shy, now. speak up! talk! we welcome you!

5. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Awesome. I wanna know what's "fuck them other niggas!" in Japanese.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

can they translate this? "WTF?!"
    Anyways... It certainly is interesting (if not scary). Guess Jeff will be proud/versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Curious how we are perceived over there though. To think I was about to reference Shota's translation of Ikebukuro Sarah's Crash & Burn Essays vol 1-4, 8 as a horror story (can be found at HG's VF3 recoil archive 4 & 5), but he's probably reading this/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Then again.... probably not.

A pleasant surprise indeed. Wonder if they were reading the ol' "Chibita was in Hong Kong" debate (again, probably not)...

-Chanchai

PS Should we be surprised with this hard to guess URL? Guess Spotlite and Ice-9 will be world famous now/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Guest

Guest Guest

received an email this am from Japanese players* at a message board that has a nice VF4 site with materiel on Wolf and Pai. ( i asked for info on Lion.)
    *spy nosuke [spy_nosuke@hotmail.com] If you try to get here through browser... whew... weird links... but many Japanese sites have the link. thx for the post! What are the chances we could lobby an arcade in NYc to get a VF4?

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Are we sure this isn't just an autotranslator based in jp.? Some equivalent to babelfish? From the url it would seem to be. If there are any actual living users, well ...then ... Holy shit, they've made some funny stabs at translating the nicks. •sŽèÂÂÛŽ is mister bungle (I hope that came out) and I know someone was wondering about this - buried somewhere in here is FUCK VF HATERS!@# -
    ‘žˆ«ŽÒ‚Æ‚·‚ׂÄ«Œð‚µ‚Ü‚·!

.. nobody knew what to do with "y'all" and they would probably be confused by "niggas" too ...

<font color=blue size=11 face="Times New Roman">
    CreeD </font>(possible sig)

9. Mr. Bungle

i don't think it's an autotranslator, because if you look at the "df+K" or "d+P", etc, it translates them to "3K" and "2P", etc.

10. Mr. Bungle

err, obviously it's an "autotranslator" as in something similar to babelfish, however it seems some custom modifications have been made so that japanese vf players will be able to understand some of our conversations.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: autoresponder

we will find out soon.. I sent another email to our Japanese friends... this is how we eventually go the Angry Angels vid cfrom our friends in Korea, etc...
    Hopefully yours,

Art