1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chests?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Powda, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Powda

Powda Active Member

Quick question. what is the differents in the chests?
    i have seen a wooden one and a red one. are there
    any others?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I didn't notice a different in color, but I noticed at least 2 different shapes. One square and the other with a rounded top. I think you get one kind when you level up and get a new color scheme or get access to the training levels in vs. mode, and the other one is when you get items. At least that's how I think it works...

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

New color schemes don't trigger chests.
    I just started a Kage (oKAGEsamade, a pun-name for the Japanese enabled) and went up a few Kyus. No chest popped up after I reached the 9th, 7th, ect. Kyus.

4. Munki

Munki Member

I think it may be this;

When you satisfy some condition for an item, you get the square box.
    When you win the item off of your opponent (Mirror Match) you get the red chest. You also seem to get the rounded / red chest for stuff based upon your rank (colors, VF1 model, etc.) as well

I don't think this is 100% accurate, but it seems to be the case so far (for me). IE, i got the square wooden chest when I got 40 drinks with shun di in a match (which gave me the Herbal Tonic), but when I win in a Mirror Match, the chest is Red.

Does this seem to hold true?
    Oook

5. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

I think that may be the case...

6. TKDMasta

TKDMasta New Member

None of the previous answers satisfy what you must do to get different kinds of chests. I have figured out that if you win one item in the match, you get the normal chest with the rounded top. However, if you win more than one item you get the chest with the flat top. I have proved this time and time again in the U.S. version on the PS2 console

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good theory, unfortunately, when I won the the star earings for Sarah, I was shown the flat top chest. The earings were the only thing I won because I have all but one of her items right now. I won them after winning 50 matches in a row with the bunny ears on.

8. i try to keep track of the chest, but they seem completely random

maybe certain types of items, like head items or torso items for example, are a certain types of chest-- just another theory

but i think its random

9. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

I think the chest u get depends on how hard it is to get an item. For example i think u would get an orange[wooden] chest if u won a hundred straight win item but not when u win
    a 5 straight win item.

10. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

What TKDMasta is mainly right. If you win double-items, you get a red one, w/ the rounded top. I'm not sure if that includes an equipable item and a BGM or not, but should suffice for this email. This is true of the arcade as well.

Sphere's as well as 100-win items & sphere items* come in a red chest.

*100-win items & sphere items can REPORTEDLY spontaneously appear. Sphere's (on the arcade at least) is possible, as I've seen them. Then there's a mad break for that machine. Under similar circumstances, 100-win items will appear, even though the opponent hasn't equipped it, and they're nowhere near 100 consecutive wins.

11. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

has anyone of you saw two chest appear one to the right and one on the left, anyone of you know what that means?

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

An item for player one, and an item for player two!

13. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i see, thanks

14. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

ok, i think my theory is wrong