1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chibita, Kyasao, Segal, Mukky, Shu, Hakushon, Muscles, et. al. beware!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Jun 20, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yup, somebody better warn those guys, because they're about to lose to a FOREIGNER that's a 10-KYU for the first time in their lives!! Heh heh...that's right, I'm 95% confirmed for Tokyo. I'm going with family, but was promised free reign. My ticket is reserved and I only need to get my visa, which shouldn't be a problem. I will be there on July 11 on Wednesday, leaving July 16 on Tuesday.

Empty bragging aside, I really, really hope that I would be able to meet up with some of the Tokyo players that frequent this forum. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to, but I also need someone to guide me to arcades besides Kanispo like Hi-Tech!

Please drop me a PM, and our first lunch/dinner is on me! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Good luck.

I'm very interested to know how you stack up against them based on what I saw you do at the E3 tournament.

3. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

Yeah, right... Since when did you become so good!? I recommend you to take some tranquilizer with you in case you can not win even once in Japan.
    Ha ha. Actually, I am thinking of going back there as well in July. It's just for a couple of days and I am going to Osaka so I won't see you, but have fun!!

Hiro

4. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

Jeff, haha i have faith in you. If you don't come out on top, it's not as if you'll have bit the bullet either. Consider yourself fortunate to face the best competition of both worlds.

have you actually had the chance to play any those afformentioned players before? I'm just really interested to hear the account of a top tier U.S. player faring against the others overseas. (i.e. Do Japanese players as a whole REALLY have a style that makes "Japanese-play" distinct, aggressive, or more effective for that matter)

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Haha, geez, I thought it would be obvious that my post was more like a joke than anything serious.

Who would care so much to actually give this thread a rating of one star? It's quite sad to see someone spend those extra minutes to actually vote, though I should be flattered people cared.

FYI, back in December I did go to Tokyo and played against many of those elite players. Back then, of course, I knew almost nothing and had only played the game for 2-3 weeks in the arcade. I got KILLED, pretty badly, though I did well against the lower-dans. I wrote a lengthy impressions post some time back, maybe it's still around.

I'm curious myself to see how I do now, which is why I'm actually more interested in playing Version C against that kind of competition than in Evo, where I'm back to knowing nothing (and so are most other people).

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Before you leave, let the S'poreans thrash you some more! Lol. Anyway, did you like GTO and the Beach Boys serials?