1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chibita today at Sega world at Akihabara?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiraattack, Jun 26, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Re: OT: rare items

Once again 100-win derived items. You can't get them unless you have the rare 100-win item, AND you can't lose them when they're equipped.

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

Just to clarify what GP means in case people still don't get it:

there are many items that in order to get, you have to do certain things WHILE WEARING that character's 100 win item. For example, wear the 100 win item, and get a 20 game win streak.

These kinds of items include Akira's tribal armband tattoo, some of Jacky's alternate back patches etc (usually pretty cool items). And like GP said, they can't be stolen like the 100 win items.

personally, I can't blame people for cheating to get that stuff. While I think it's cool to strive for a 100 win game streak, some of the requirements are just insane. I think Aoi has items that can only be earned by collecting like 21+ COMPLETE SETS of spheres... in the arcade, yeah right (even on the PS2 this is insane).

I'd imagine this is why sega added all the new item-earning modes in Evo.

Spotlite

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Thanks for the clarification guys.

But you're still at risk of losing the 100-win item while you're trying to earn the derived item, right? That was part of the point I was trying to make. Seems kinda foolish to pay for something you're at a risk of losing -- and all it takes is one match against the same character!

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

True, you can still loose that item, but if I lost my 100 win item, I'd refuse to get up from my side of the machine until I got the item back, since the guy who stole it has no option but to keep playing. Since who's playing next is all pretty loose and cordial in Japan, it's not like anyone's gonna actually say anything (unless you're at peak hours, or someone else wants a crack at getting it /versus/images/icons/wink.gif).

Another nice thing about the scene there is there are always mid to low level players at certain arcades/on certain machines, so you could go for it there. But I guess if you're good enough to actually earn and wear the 100 win item, it means you should be good enough to keep it.

If you just paid for the thing, then someone else takes it, that's just telling of your ability, eh?

Spotlite

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

That's what friends are for. For my all of my characters, there are only two items that are 'difficult' to get and require 100-win items. Lei Fei's circlet & Vanessa's bazooka - that's what the50 yen game center is for. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Everything else is relatively easy, and you can even get two at once, so just go at a dead time with a friend, and spend a couple of bucks to get them.