1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

chibita vs. sasukino_Lau battle analysis

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nycat, Jan 16, 2002.

1. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color=white>Round one</font color=white>: Chibita opens with aggressive df+P (?)and he whiffed thedf+P(?) Wolf back dashed and watches the whiff and then charges in and punishes Lion good.
    Rising d+k connects on encouraged Wolf. (prelude to round three where chibita hops over Wolf's low kick attempt after a successful rising low kick by Lion(?!!!). This is followed by Lion df+k to close gap.<font color=red>*</font color=red> ÂÂeSay your opponent uses a sidekick and you know it's uncounterable.. what should you do? More often than you'd think, a throw will work, but to really ensure it, try countering moves like a blocked sidekick with big float tools such as wolf's small shoulder ramÂÂh. Wolf does just that, but Lion avoids the deadly float combo set-up ...
    Lion avoids the move and counters with his own knock down attack. Wolf eats the handspring kicks db+k.(!!)!
    Wolf quickly rises and blocks LionÂÂfs high kick(?). LionÂÂfs elbow (stagger!) is followed by a low sweeping attack (?!!)that knocks down and ground attack.. That is three low attack strings by Lion that have been successful in first round.
    Lion then wisely does a TE after he whiffs<font color=red>**</font color=red> his own throw attempt.
    <font color=white>Round two</font color=white>: Lion gets hit with a Low attack barrage by Wolf.
    First d+p, Then a couple of d+k. Each time Lion blocks low attack and he comes back with elbow (f+G->f+P!).
    Wolf makes a desperate throw attempt (Lion is no longer in range), so WolfÂÂfs throw attempt whiffs. LionÂÂfs lifebar is almost full; and WolfÂÂfs is half full;. Lion then escapes Giant Swing throw and punishes with df+P ground attack.
    Lion later tries a Catch Throw but Wolf ducks the catch and Lion still tries to throw(?) ÂÂcnot once but twice(??). Successful Wolf throws seem to follow this pattern: Throw done after Lion whiffed his attempt first <font color=red>**</font color=red>.
    Lion also interrupts one or two WolfÂÂfs attempts to throw with quick attacks.

<font color=white>Round three</font color=white>: Wolf successfully throws after Lion whiffs his own throw attempt. The after knocking down Lion Wolf tries to throw as Lion completes his getting up (?). WolfÂÂfs whiffed throw is appropriately punished.
    The number at the bottom right in each players screen, is that their respective longest win streak?
    &#61623; <font color=red>*</font color=red> CreeDÂÂfs Throw FAQ (Winter 97 version)
    &#61623; <font color=red>**</font color=red> ÂÂgANY AND ALL WHIFFED ATTACKS CAN BE THROWN)ÂÂh- CreeDÂÂfs Throw FAQ

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Come ON! I posted a few observations... afew may actually be accurate. Any Wolf or Lion players have any thoughts to share on this battle?

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to improve your sorry Lion page instead of posting useless crap no one's interested about.

P.S. Way to go formatting Lion movelists at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/movelist.html>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/movelist.html</a> :p

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Actually I thought his post was quite useful. Despite what you may think I have learnt something from both his post and his homepage on lion. So shame on you for dissing what he's done..

No one in Sydney uses Wolf so not much I can say about the Chibita vs S_Lau.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Commenting on single fights IS useless... everyone makes mistakes - eg. if Chibita made one, will nycat know if it's a mistake or not? Odds are he'll reproduce it in his own fights, thinking it's some sort of elite tactic. I'd say he's welcome to post thoughts of, for instance, 20 Chibita fights - one just does not cut it.

As for the Lion page... let me just quote some of the stuff from there (advanced techniques subpage):

"DTE-Double Throw Escape. Inputting P+G and x+P+G.ex: d/f+P+G escapes Jeffrey's
    Crucifix Pile Driver (df, df+P+G)
    Tackle and Grind (b, df+P+G)
    Frontal Back Breaker (b, f, f+P+G)
    Head Butt (b, f+P+G)
    Power Slam (f+P+G)
    " - oh really.

"Stumble Throws can be broken by b,d+P+G." - well sure, they can. Also with d+P+G :p

"You do NOT have to input EVERY command of the throw for the more complex throws, such as HCB+P+G, simply input (f,b+P+G )" - ehm... how about just b+P+G, nycat?

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

heheheh LOL. ...thx for the constructive suggestions. yes, the edit is poor and formating is very primative. I will make the appropriate changes to throw escapes. ... and I accept your Battle Challenge! Let me know when you are planning a trip to NYC. ;P I've recently linked Mr. Bungles page too. :p Now, put down Thor's hammer until my Lion can battle your door-knob character. <font color=white>Come ON! </font color=white> sheesh, this is one very good battle and the only chibita clip I have access to at this time. CreeD, please mpeg a few more... also, I've enlisted the best Korean Lion players to offer input on this battle and other interesting Lion battles. 8;P
    New York is VF4 heaven. <font color=blue>Bwwwaa!</font color=blue>

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

There are approximately 1.3 million errors in your Lion page :p We've had quite a few laughs about it on #vfhome actually. My advice is: take down, and revamp it. I you don't care about my advice, well... see if I care.

8. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to improve your sorry Lion page instead ... good point. Lion is second or third most often discussed VF4 character in Korea these days... geocities says Lion page gets so many hits it is routinely shut down everyday because of bandwidth problems...;P thx for the pointers... I always welcome corrections at my email. nycat@thelion.com even when they are tainted by bile. ;P I have links to this site and VP where there are vastly better movelists, etc. and I removed the movelist. Any of your vfhome pals in NYC?? I'm available everyday and on Saturday, so they may test their skills against my evil Lion! =<>....<>= Let me know, please when the blowhards can join me for VF4 Battle instead of blowing sunshine up my shorts! <font color=white>Come On!</font color=white>

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You welcome corrections? Yah, good idea... "Hmmm, I'll write something that's total crap, and then let other people write for me! "correct" me! man I'm a genius". Bleh. Try putting some effort into your page, don't expect others to do your job. A simple search on the forum, reading a couple of faqs etc. will solve your site's problems.

10. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Take a tums. I didn't write the stuff on the Lion page GLC. Most of it is valid, despite your spewings in this thread. I edit and post 'em. In fact, there is a thank you to you in the credits page! Your massive movelist FAQ for Vf4 is linked through Mr. Bungles site on my little fan page. Yea, there are incorrect things there, but, most of it is solid advice and if you didn't hate Lion so much you would enjoy a good portion of it.
    Posting here...Hmmm. This is an awesome site and yes, I look to improve my puny Lion skills. This game has amazing depth. The proof is simple. I can hold my own against all but the most serious and accomplished VF players and I'm an old man! The movelist at VP and the new one that <font color=red>Myke</font color=red> put up here is awesome!
    Stop spamming. If you feel like posting <font color=white>here</font color=white> let it be relevant or take a deep breath and don't do it! ;P email me your input. <font color=white>Save the bandwidth</font color=white> for VF4 tactics and such. ;P Remember, if it works, thank kbcat, BigCat, HIRO, ice-9 and all those mentioned in THANKS page... if it does not work, email me, please. You welcome corrections? Yah, good idea... "Hmmm, I'll write something that's total crap, and then let other people write for me! "correct" me! man I'm a genius". Bleh. Try putting some effort into your page, don't expect others to do your job. This is my hobby dude. There is so little written about Lion, I'm just trying to improve my game play and have fun. I do not take credit for 99.9% of all my posts... some of which are posted to share info...and others to help me improve my play at VF4. Others...Hmmm. It is is precisely "Others" that have made the page of interest. I hope your presence here indicates that you are again playing VF4. <font color=blue>Stop spamming and get your butt to the arcade!</font color=blue> Now, I'm repeating myself. If you have secretly been joining me inbattle at the arcade, then you know how important Advil is to the beaten down door-knobs I KO and RO. ;P

11. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I didn't write the stuff on the Lion page GLC. Most of it is valid, despite [...]

MOST of it is valid... wouldn't it be better to ditch invalid stuff BEFORE putting such articles online?

Stop spamming.

Good lord, -> I <- am spamming?! Just look at the garbage this board's been for the recent weeks. I can count decent threads on one hand.

I can hold my own against all but the most serious and accomplished VF players and I'm an old man!

Old men should sit at home in their recliners instead of playing games.

In fact, there is a thank you to you in the credits page

Yeah, I noticed - while we're on it, you could remove me from there. Someone might think I'm responsible for the clueless parts of your site. Actually, nevermind - why should I care what someone thinks.

if it does not work, email me
    email me your input

This is getting boring :)

12. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

ditch invalid stuff . I ditched the movelist. Between GLC movelist, VP movelist and the new movelist here it isn't worth the space, thx 4 the suggestion. What else is invalid? What will it take to get you at the arcade for a little Kage, Akira and Lau vs. nycat's Lion? I get tremendous joy from battle with VF4 arcade. Why are you so bitter about Lion discussion? <font color=white>Come On!</font color=white>

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

There is constructive criticism and there is criticism that's obviously just meant to demean. GLC, are you coming back to VF just to do the latter??

14. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

What else is invalid

Hint: look through throw escapes section.

What will it take to get you at the arcade for a little Kage, Akira and Lau vs. nycat's Lion?

Why nothing except you paying for my flight! You're welcome to do so anytime :p

15. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Stay away from our private thread! No one invited you.

16. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: GLC vs. nycat

<font color=white>Old men should sit at home in their recliners instead of playing games. </font color=white>
    LOL, this gets my vote for VF5 Lion Taunt! Bravo! /versus/images/icons/cool.gif
    you could remove me. Done. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    This is getting boring :) This whole migilla was so, way off topic, sheesh.
    <font color=blue>The Gotham VF Club</font color=blue> can get you a hotel room and treat to hearty meal after VF4 battle. Plane ticket? Sorry, no can do. We're seven blocks from the WTC site and you can't imagine.... and I can't begin to describe how it has hurt us all here. VF4 is such an awesome game and the moments of arcade battle are like fresh sunshine after a storm. <font color=white>Come On!</font color=white>

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

CreeD, please mpeg a few more...

I have 450983049 movies, perhaps you have a specific batch you're thinking of? :)

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Re: GLC vs. nycat

Plane ticket? Sorry, no can do.

Challenging someone is easy when you know he can't come. Why would I waste cash and time on coming over? It's NYC, Sal might hit on me!

19. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

thx <font color=white>CreeD</font color=white>. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif Any chibita vs. Akira, Kage or Lau would be greatly appreciated. You can't imagine the added pleasure I will get seeing all of GLC's favorite characters decimated by chibita. /versus/images/icons/blush.gif gg

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ok... found three movies of chibita in streaming format, and I made mpgs for ya at:

ftp://vf.dyndns.org/chibita_vs_hijetsu.mpg (converted fine)

The third, mukkyvstibita, was an utter pain in the ass, but it finally converted with some drops in sound and video quality. The end result is that the last 3 seconds of the whole match has no sound also.
    but anyway, right click and save here:
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/mukkyvstibita.mpg>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/mukkyvstibita.mpg</a>