1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago --New start

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADrox, Jan 17, 2006.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Hi. I been trying to plan ahead for the MWC. I hope that anyone from Chicago can host me. The reason is that people I will travel with are mostly GGXX players. I don't have much interest in hanging around the tourney area. I'd like to be where VF action's going.

At this moment, if I were to go, I will be leaving in the afternoon of Fri and coming back on Sunday afternoon. I don't mind sleeping on the floor and I respect all rules.

I am excited about the fact that I'd be able to meet up with the Chicago crew for the first time. I have a huge respect for what you guys have done in the VF3 era.

Please post up your responses or PM me as soon as you can so that I can go to my plan B if this doesn't work out.

Hope to see you all soon.

2. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

sounds good to me. I dont know what part of the chi-crew will go to MWC - but myself I was going to MWC just to meet up with SH_ and others + support the klan.
    I dont mind at all doing pure VF ; and i think a couple others may join us - with others after teh MWC.
    So far what is sure is that we should have VF going and you have people willing to give you a stay.
    We'll concrete out plans as the date gets closer.

3. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Re: Chicago --New start *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Maximus

4. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

what day is good for you ? im thinking either saturday late afternoon > unless you dont care about superbowl sunday afternoon.?

5. Maximus

Re: Chicago --New start *DELETED*

Post deleted by Maximus

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

saturday is looking ideal.. im thinking evening time: starting 5/7pm???
    depending on attendees,, we'll decide location

7. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Hi. Here's an update on my trip. I will be riding along with 2 other VFers. We will probably be leaving on Friday afternoon and coming back on Sunday.

Akira_PH: If you are willing to host me Fri-Sun, please send me your full address preferably with your phone number. The 2 other VFers will stay at other place, so it will just be myself.

I am not particularly interested in going to the tourney venue, so I will be fine with playing VF with you guys ,hanging out, dining and so on.

Let me know asap so that we can make a detailed plan ahead. Also I'd like to know who's going to show up from Chicago, too.

8. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

hey Maddy,
    nice to hear you're coming - we're looking forward to your company.
    I was more than willing to house you as well because i wasnt participating in tourney , just moral support.

we have both posted our locations at the frappr link above. We are both near highways as well.
    anyway, Im open as wel..

like-stino

9. Maximus

Post deleted by Maximus

10. Dewmraw

Dewmraw Member

I'm interested in making it out for this.

Stino, can I still count on you for a ride out to this get together? I'll give you a call this evening.

11. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Any of u guys know Derrick who uses Jacky? I heard he used to play with Shota and the chicago crew. I talked to him last month and he said he wants to come play VF. Does any of you have his contact?

12. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

Any of u guys know Derrick who uses Jacky? I heard he used to play with Shota and the chicago crew. I talked to him last month and he said he wants to come play VF. Does any of you have his contact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dewmraw= Derrick

13. Maximus

Post deleted by Maximus

14. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Maddy --
    I just met derrick a few months ago,, actually only played him once. A skilled jacky player, which we only knew during vf4 era. everyone met him through the TMCHI crew now.

Dewmraw:
    Yes,, and yes.. just let me know what time to expect to pick you up. call me tomorrow again.

Maximus:
    looks like we're looking at 6pm .
    location is not definate yet , ill post here again tomorrow afternoon or give you a call to let you know.

15. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

ok, we're meeting at my place at 6pm,,
    if you'd still want to come,, pm me your number - ill send address.

16. Maximus

Post deleted by Maximus

17. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

I had a great time..
    I unfrotunately dont study frame rates, as dewm nicely put /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif , but i try to keep my game up to have fun..

didnt know Maximus was a walking Gamest with tidbits here and ther. very cute.

well, would like to get together again next week for a couple hours if everyone is up for it.

here is the link to the stick I ended finding:

main site:
    http://www.nscx.com

Virtua sticks:
    http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HP2-55/66.html

I recommend getting the expedited shipping> only a few bucks more.

other sites: ( a little more expensive, about 30 more w/ shipping)

http://www.toysnjoys.com/access_ps2_2c.html

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3735&likref=html12

fun-stino

18. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Derrick: Are you confirmed for MWC VF gathering?

So far, everything looks good. I will confirm the time of depature as soon as I can.

19. Dewmraw

Dewmraw Member

Maddy:

I was recently invited to interview for admission to graduate school the weekend of the MWC. Unfortunetly, the interview is a weekend long event, beginning Friday afternoon and ending Saturday evening. WIth that said, I most likely wont meet up with you guys until saturday evening or sunday morning, but I do look forward to meeting you guys

Stino/Pete: Good games. Winston and I had a good time and it was refreshing to play against new opponents. I most likely wont make it out this upcoming weekend, but I think winston may be able to. Hope to see you guys soon

D

20. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Stino: After considering different matters, it seems that it'd be more convinient for me to stay at Stino's house. Is your lodging offer still good? If so, I'd gladly like to take it. We will bring a PS2 and sticks on our own. Do you have a VCR at your place, Stino? I'd like to tape some matches. I will bring empty tapes. Also how many TVs do you have? I think 3 would be a good number for this gathering.

All in all, I much look forward to it. We will get there around 8ish on Friday.

Btw, I am an Akira player if anyone didn't know about it.
    Two guys that will come with me are an Aoi and a Wolf player. SH_ uses Brad, but he will come separately.

Cheers,