1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago --New start

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADrox, Jan 17, 2006.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Maximus: I won't be able to bring my PS2, so please bring your PS2 when you come over. It seems like the only PS2 we have will be Madrox's PS2 when Dandy and I will get there, so we'd need definately 2 more PS2s.

Same goes to Derrick. Please bring your system if you can.

Marrox: I will give you a call before we leave.

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

I'm going to bring my PS2. We are bringing extra copies of the game, too.

Maximus I'll bring you a copy of the video.

3. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Maddy is on schedule to arrive at 7 which means we should be at my house at 8 pm.

MAximus - ill call you in a bit; may need a vcr to borrow.

anyone else, pm me if you need more info

4. Old_V3

Old_V3 Member

hey anyone willing to give a brotha a ride I'll be up there

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

im going to be picking Avi up today at 145,,
    give me a call , im picking him up at 145 on madison and canal

6. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

VERY nice gathering... I had a blast meeting everyone and talking. OH crew is top notch--
    Ill elaborate more on the gathering later --- but had to jot down memorable qoutes from this weekend:

" Oh i'm a VFplayer so i'm upper-middle class"

" The new circle thing is gay "

I'm sure there's a couple more that OH crew can jot down...
    But thanks soo much guys for a great time.

SH_
    WHat happened??

Maximus
    No more play for you ?? we were up till 3 again.

7. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

Madrox: I'm sorry, I did the SH_ thing in GG which is losing early and often to a people I had a chance of beating... I was hella sad afterwards and wasn't in the mood for serious gaming afterwards, I'm sorry all, I know I said I would but I was very sad yall, if yall can understand, I'd appreciate that.

8. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

That was a pretty good gathering friday and saturday nights. Faustino, thanks for the hospitality. Stick with jeffry, man, he's a beast.

Maddy, your Akira was going nuts, as usual. You should build a stick graveyard or something, holy shit. Hopefully next time I can take some more matches after I practice up a bit.

SH_, you really need to stop tearing about GG. That game is retarded -- all you do is sit there and block a bunch of horseshit, poke poke poke, and then do your horseshit to someone else. Some of the best in the nation at that tourney, also. I lost to some random testament guy, but even he did all the good stuff with him that no one in STL/CoMo does. Bad shit. I'm going to rip your Brad in half.

Dandy, what happened to TFT? 42P+G wasn't happening a whole lot, either. I'M GONNA THROW YOU AGAIN???

Derrick, you're cheap in both ST and VF. Your brother is damn good too. It was great meeting you guys.

Overall, I was pretty surprised with the number of players in Chicago. Hopefully we can get in touch and play next time I'm up there for MWC.

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

SH_ walk it off, scrub!

I had a great time. Thanks to Stino first and foremost for hosting the whole shebangebang, you were super accommodating! Are you looking forward to VF5 Jeffry? He looking is bigger than an old VCR, he probably wouldn't even fit in a car. Oh and thanks for the P-CUP iso. It was great to meet Derrick and Winston, both strong, along with the entire Chicago VF crew. Fuck SC3. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif Wish I could've gotten in more than a half-match with Seven, and I didn't play Kageh at all, oh well. Maybe at a future gathering. It always kinda sucks when you don't get to play everyone, na mean?

It was good seeing EmX and Dan again! EmX your Wolf is really fucking annoying. I will remember that final 2 match shutout...hopefully you can make a trip to Columbus sometime and I will fuck you up. Dan, you have a lot of potential, your mind games are right there! Keep playing, even though I know it's hard without comp. If you can ever get together with Derrick and his bro (I don't know how far you guys live apart), you should play as much as you can with them. You will all get very strong if you can get together every so often.

Thanks to Akira_PH and his friend for making it, good games. When you get your stick, keep at it and don't ever go back to pad. It'll take awhile to get to the level you were with pad, but you will surely surpass it eventually. Tell your friend, if he wants to get better, he should switch to a more traditional character for a while. It's so hard to learn VF with Lei. /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif I mean it's so hard to help and give tips for Lei, becasue he either lacks normal tools that others have, or he has stuff that doesn't apply to anyone else, you know?

Steve (I think?) from STL, it was cool meeting you, your stories were hella funny! I'm glad you are looking forward to VF5 so much.

It was fun playing other games too, especially ST. Man it's crazy how that game keeps up with today's standards. Ken is so gay haha!

EmX is your avatar the photagrapher from Earthbound? I need to finish that game.

10. SeriousFace

SeriousFace New Member

HI VFDC!

So, this = Jacob the Wolf player who spammed on short shoulder and full charge P+K the whole time.

Faustino: It was nice meeting you, and I really appreciated your good directions. Made driving around alot more plesent thx for that! Also, Samba De Amigo was so serious! Im really sorry for banging your moracos together, I got to excited. You're Jeff and Lion were both really fun to play against, and I hope I see you again some time.

Derek: Beasty ass jacky. SADDISTIC KNEE! Fun games despite me getting beasted up in the face. Keep up that rush downy aggressive play style.

Winstone: I really had a good time playing you, Sarah is a fun ass matchup and your's did some crazy ass shit I've never seen before.

Good games everyone, fun gathering (at least for the small amount of time I was there, Im sure I missed out) hope to see you guys again sometime, hopefully soon.

BB VFDC.

11. Dewmraw

Dewmraw Member

Good games everyone, winston and I had a blast.

I'm in a hurry right now, but I'll post more later

Derrick

12. FANTASTIPO

FANTASTIPO New Member

hi guys. this is dan, the akira player who came with seth. gg's to all. it was nice to meet a lot of other VF players when i thought the game was completely dead.

maddy: you've inspired me to play VF again lol. i'll try to learn some more stuff so i don't get beat down 100% again.

derrick: nice seeing you again after a while. i still hate jerky's elbow :p we need VF5 online

winston: i was playing sarah a bit before, but yours is much better so i'm gona stick with akira lol. also, you're too good in ST

seth: thx for driving me around with you to go play. whenever you come back to uiuc tell me so we can get some more games in.

jason: gg's. was cool to see u again also with maddy. 3s was random but fun. i love my ghetto raging demon setup XD

andy: gg's with wolf. it seems like there's a lot of ppl who use wolf at the gathering lol.

seth's friend: i think it was steve? sorry, i'm bad with names. was nice meeting you, and sorry we didn't show for sunday. we didn't want to go through all the delays and get back late.

person who housed the event: was it also steve? forgive me my memory sucks >< the hospitality was great, we all really appreciate it.

13. Dewmraw

Dewmraw Member

Again, I had a great time at the gathering and props to Stino for being such a generous host. You definitely have a nice setup going and it’s a shame that we seldom get to meet over there for vf. We may have to try out one of those places you talked about at the Chinese buffet, haha. Good games stino.

Ohio crew – Good games guys. Maddy, your impeccable defense and strong understanding of the game made those matches some of the most difficult that I’ve ever had in vf. You’ve inspired a sort of revival in Chicago vf and Winston’s already started training again. Dandy J had a really fun kage to play against and it’d be interesting to see how strong you’d be if you played the game on a consistent basis. Good shit to Jacob for that wolf as well. I was pretty tired when I started playing against you, but those p+k setups woke me up really fast. Good games to your brother (the Aoi) player.

STL crew – It was nice meeting seth and steve, both strong with their respective characters. Seth, I apologize if you didn’t have a good time playing against my jacky. Unfortunately, you were played me right after I got through sessioning with maddy, and I was still in seek and destroy mode. Your chun was pretty impressive in ST as I never new she could rush like that. Steve, I need to come down to STL sometime and get some FT in with you and tim. Sweet akira and mad props to you in 3s, I didn’t know alex could be played so well.

Dan – sup! Good seeing you again man, and I’m glad you’re taking up an interest again in vf. I’ll try to give you a ring the next time I’m in champaign so that we can get some games in. With more experience, your strong reflexes and mind games will take you really far. I cant believe I thought you were engineering all this time, lol.

Winston and I had blast playing ST with you all. We’ve been putting a lot of time into that game lately, so it was refreshing to actually have some competition in a game that no else here plays.

Love ken. that shits good for you

Derrick

14. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Holy She-it!!! Were the hell have I been. I havent played VF in months. Damn its great to hear all is not lost in chicago. Whens the next gathering? Im surely going to start training again!

15. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I’d like to thank everyone who made it out , it was a nice treat hosting everyone and being so receptive and reciprocating our kindness towards each other. I’ve always said that the VF crews are a unique bunch , and meeting everyone from OH, STL continues to prove that. Hope everyone felt comfortable enough to do an play as they please.

Chi-crew
    Derrick – always very nice to talk and play with you. Matches with you are always fun and can continue to play you all night long just because of your style. You always bring some change to the rounds and are aiming to improve consistently.
    Winston – I only don’t like playing you because of sarah. Is still freeze with her ; other than that your really a lot of fun to hang out with . you remind of dave a bit actually.
    Pete - wish you were back for more games
    Haro/andy/seven - always cool to just hang out and talk, we’ll need to that again more often - TMCHI rules

OH
    Maddy – the one thing I enjoyed most was the small seminar you gave derrick and I with VF. Very informative and reminded me of old VF3 days when we looked for shota for tips. Thanks so much,, and its nice to see and feed off of your strong enthusiasm for the game. You do have a great laugh as well. I do need you to get more into the music games so you can hang with Avi and I. It was a pleasure hosting you and crew. Just shoulda done better at Samba and hope you show off the sweatshirt.
    Dandy J- Great , great and fun games. I like how your just a cool guy to talk to about anything. VF forum talking was sooo fun and priceless. I like to hear other crew perspectives on the vf scene and you and maddy helped bring on some fun talks. As usual the side games are always interesting to partake in ; glad you did well in SC5:2 and Samba.
    Avi – I’d have to say my new best friend. Our game likes and dislikes are the same and our approach to VF play is identical as well (especially at t his stage of EVO’s life). Hilarious to talk to and great to listen to as well. Your personlality is always needed in a gathering.
    Jacob – slight game play and I hate the chop from the first moment. The brief moment talking I did enjoy as well. Have to meet up with you guys again.

STL
    EMX / DaN - Damn,, you guys scared me when you showed up mainly cause I didn’t know who you’s were. But you guys were really cool and fun to play against. Your wolf destroyed me , but it was nice. You guys are always welcomed again , this time with more pizza.

Everyone else the invitation is open again as well..

Again,, we’ll plan something in the Midwest to build this thing a little.. but I think it’ll be awhile for everyone. I do hate OH crew for making bust out the maracas because now I have to release all the songs again.

Laters,

Dope-stino

16. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Re: Chicago --New start *DELETED*

Post deleted by Maximus

17. Old_V3

Old_V3 Member

hey where's the next gathering, I've been busy with things so I haven't been able to come

18. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Re: Chicago -the tumbleweed is rolling *DELETED*

Post deleted by Maximus

19. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Wake up Chicago!

Word on the street is that VF5 is located near your town! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I found this post over at Gamefaqs.

[ QUOTE ]
    Virtua Fighter 5 is now on test at Gameworks Schaumburg (Chicago, IL)!

The techs set the machine up tonight, it's on the second floor near Psy-Phi and next to DDR. It's about 23 credits a play (yikes). It's in the Lindberg cab that Virtua Tennis 3 was in.

Machine is set to whatever it was at I think it was E3 or wherever it was demoed in the U.S.: 45 second rounds, 3 points to win for VS, 2 points for solo games. No character change on continue (I'm sure that can be adjusted if people want it changed).

It's also in Japanese, there's no endings or intros (just throws up the staff roll after the game is over).

El Blaze and Eileen = fun as hell (I'm a little biased towards luchadors =P). Not sure I like the changes to Pai Chan though.

I'll probably be there on Thursday night, since the game allows time card play, and there's those time card specials on Thursday nights after 9 or 10PM (gotta be 21 or older).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone visit the Gameworks Schaumburg to confirm this? Please post any information in the link below.

VF5 sighting in Chicago!

20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Re: Wake up Chicago!

Road Trip! Thanks for the information. Life can be nice to you sometimes. I called and confirmed that its there and cards are available.

Edit: I should be there next saturday. As of yesterday is considered the begining of the two week marker and if it does well the manager said it would stay a two month period.

Thankyou SHAG!!