1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago --New start

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADrox, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Re: Wake up Chicago!

ok ok ok ok , im willing to go on a road trip IF this is at least a new version, (this version sounds very incomplete), AND its running in a nice high res cab so i can see the nice details /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. i cant expect it to be the final version but at least something a bit closer...otherwise i woulnt go.

rodney, shag, adam cruz...ect.....what you say?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

FAAAAAAK!

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

* checking Chicago plane ticket prices *

4. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Re: Wake up Chicago! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Maximus

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

WOW of all places Gameworks -- i used think because it was a Sega joint that they'd get everything sega and have always been disappointed.
    Now i see this /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I think now my WOW life will end and I will more than likely live at gameworks for the next few weeks .
    Shota , where are you as my excuse to head in that direction again.

I should be visiting this place tomorrow cause im at my girlfriends house right now and i like sex /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    (F@ck , i just jizzed writing this message)

For those driving -- be warned,, there is contruction on the toll ways, so traffic is jammed in Rosemont (near Ohare) so, go early and stay late.

6. asicx

asicx New Member

Uhhhhh...I wanna come to Chicago now...anyone confirm it yet? It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. Show a Minnesotan some pictures please.

7. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

OK,, obviously i chose VF over more foreplay ,,, so i had to go see and it was there .. had some crappy phone pics.

single full cabinet with card reader
    Version = e3 version 2006 (thats all it said)
    credits per game = 13 (where i bought 160 credits for $10)

so without reading any move lists, i found Blaze easier to pick up than eileen. Genreal game feel is the same as Evo/FT,, but its the little things that i havnt discoverd which im sure will make the difference.

Found now why that guy goes on thursdays,, which i may now as well : after 9pm its $10 bucks for all youcan play .. thats a bargain.

I can wait for the final version,, but this will do for a good time on weekends

goop-stino

8. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

FUCK this. Road trip anyone? NYCers wanna hook up and trek to this bitch?

9. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Damn...maybe a VF gathering in a month or so? Make it a weekend and I'm there!

10. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

So as an FYI for everyone:
    i will be at gameworks on Thursday after 9pm.

seems like STL crew will roll in on saturday all day at Gameworks.

Friday is a maybe for me , but we'll see if i sneak out there.

Chi-Klan will be there later in the evening since we have to help a buddy move .. so ill hang there all night also on saturday .

grope-stino

11. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

If anyone's up for some action later in the week, count me in. I'd head back up there today (still might if the Mitsuwa trip pans out), but I've spen the last 2 nights at GW til closing and it's NOT cheap nor timely (2 hours and change if I'm lucky) to head there from my place via CTA/Pace.

12. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

For anyone insterested,,, Thursday should be another session with KageH and co.. maybe hitching a ride with me.. we'll see cause we have a fellow vfer coming into town - who is later scheduled to go to iraq.

13. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Looks like the whole crew will be heading there tonight.. so anyone who can make it to Gameworks,, cya there...

14. syxx

syxx New Member

The only VF players I know in chicago are Kage and Seven.

15. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

well Kage is a vet like myself,, seven,, i just met via SC crew and Kage. But both a great guys

16. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

VF5 Gathering

Madrox, Slice Of Pai, Kageh, Seven, Maximus:

Stl will be up at gameworks all day wednesday, so if any of you are free please come join us for some vfing. Hope to see you all there.

Peace^-^

17. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Gathering

Of course I see this one fucking month after it's posted! I wouldn't have been able to make it up there anyway. A friend of mine rented out a luxury condo for my birthday party that weekend. If I had access to the net then and knew you were coming, I'd have invited you over!

18. hardcorewolf

hardcorewolf Active Member

guess who's back

who i sgetting VF5?

19. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

hello guys. sorry for writing dwon a sentence.

I think I will want to attend EVO North. I know where IL, but I don't know the name of city. is it around chicago?

and...if I go, can someone pick me up and take me to the EVO North? if someone can, I appreciate it so much.
    hope I can play vf5 with you guys around IL, too

thankyou.

20. Caj

Caj Well-Known Member

Hey everyone

I'm pretty new here and was wondering what happened to all of you since this thread hasn't been bumped for a couple of months.I'm in the southside Chicago and been trying to find some players to fight against and learn from to no avail.