1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a stick for VF4Evolution PS2

Discussion in 'Console' started by Catch22, Mar 14, 2003.

1. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Active Member

Re: Choosing a stick for VF4Evolution PS2

Okay...I decided to order a soul calibur II joystick for VF 4: EVO...I was getting SC II anyways and I needed a joystick...so why not right...I've heard good thinks about the Tekken 4 one and they are the same right???

I would hope so because I ordered them and they're on the way /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Where did u buy it? Play Asia?
    Buy the way, u live in Canada right? Is it considered as an international delevery for US stores ?

I'm planning to buy the SC2 stick too and I'm looking for a reliable store that ships aboad , any clue ?

3. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Active Member

Yeah...I bought it from play asia...great pricing there...even the shipping price 37 US for EMS (2-4 days with tracking) for SC II the SC II controller and VF 4: EVO

I love that store... /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Jacky_San

Jacky_San Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    EMAGDNIM said:

I was looking at the layout of my GG XX stick and I noticed that the first three buttons are the same as the VF stick?!?!!? can someone verify this for me???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed that too, but comparing the two. I like the Evo stick more.

5. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

If your still interested by now www.lik-sang.com have plenty of SC2 sticks in as I'm planning to get one myself as they've sold out of VFevo sticks.Not sure about shipping details though.

6. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

NICE!

8/10~

8. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Praise be to the lord of all Sticks.. Long live the Lord!

PS: Catch, what's that RULA in the bottom?

9. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

That's a seriously cool stick catch.How long does it take you too make them?I must say I'm really tempted to build my own after visiting your website but I really don't have the time at the moment. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Wow catch, your sticks really look professional now. Even better then the Hori and Ascii sticks!! Good job. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif So I take it you are still making them for us VF players? I might want to order 2 of them here soon if so. BTW does anyone know what sticks they use in Japan for Street Fighter or their Capcom games? Are they the same as VF?

11. Catch22

[ QUOTE ]
    Vale_Mesmo_Tudo said:

Praise be to the lord of all Sticks.. Long live the Lord!

PS: Catch, what's that RULA in the bottom?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was requested by the client: "Rula."

This particular stick was started about a month and a half ago. Took my time with the build. In man hours, I'd say it takes 15+ hours. It is alot of time, but the results are worth it. Even if you decide to just make a "box" shaped one, playing with Sanwa parts, or Happ parts if you decide to use them pays off in the long run.

Really though, the thing that makes the sticks look nice are the artwork. If Hori had better digital artists at work, their sticks could look a ton better.

They should make sticks with replaceable underlays.

12. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Damn, those are the most beautiful sticks I have ever seen, can u please make me one. I bought the shitty interact stick and it really sucks ass. I hate that its not the "ball" type stick, and the buttons r analog or something so that doesnt really help. But honestly, where can I place my order, and I really liked your Kage stick, how about and Aoi one? /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

13. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Has anyone investigated the Soul Calibur II Hori stick? Soul Calibur I was and still is immensely popular in North America, so we might get lucky with a NA version of the Hori stick for SCII...

Winning glorifies, losing teaches
    Cuz

14. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I had the Soul Calibur 2 stick for a while now, but I haven't played much VF on it. When I played it was mostly 2nd Impact and 3rd strike on the DC (using a converter).

The little games I had of VF on it were decent; at first the extra buttons will get in the way but you can get used to it (and it's also better to disable all the other buttons when playing VF). However, it doesn't feel exactly the same as the VF4 Hori stick I got. I can't say which one I like better because I kinda got used to the VF4 one more for VF. (^_^;)

15. knightofargh

knightofargh Member

The SCII stick is a good purchase for VF4 players if they intend to get SCII. The best configuration I've found with mine is to rebind the controls in the VF4 menu to G-P-K for X-Sq-Tr and no use for the other buttons.

Only drawback to this stick is an enormous feeling neutral zone. However this may be a Hori thing, I'm not sure. Any input on this?

16. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

I also heard rumors of a bundle pack for the Game Cube SCII... Something like $90US for the game and the stick... again this isn't anything certain, just thought if I mention it someone could prove/disprove it.

Bu_Jassoom > it's an imported stick, correct?

Cuz

17. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Yep it's import and It's made by Hori. The buttons are kinda flatter than the VF4 Hori stick (like Tekken 4's from what I hear).

18. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

First of all you have to understand that all these sticks (with the exception of X-arcade) where designed to be used primarily with one game.

Second of all, only one stick was deisgned for SOLE use with Viruta Fighter 4 Evolution, and that is the licensed stick manufactured by Hori. It is the best stick to play VF4 and Evo on, by far.

X-Arcade:

Pros:

-Durable
    -2 player (1 player also available)
    -many buttons to fit all game configurations
    -side buttons for pinball
    -large starts buttons to "feel" like an arcade
    -compatible with all consoles and computers

Cons:

-awful dead zone, and nuetral zone for a "professional" level arcade stick
    -pathetic tilt detection for the sticks on the diagonals, it often registers side movements instead of multiple directions (which indicate a higher priority over a diagonal for the X-gaming stick).
    -American buttons, and stick very squarish
    -If you have are arthritic, don't get this stick, you will lose the use of your hands!!!

Soul Calibur II stick:

Pros:
    -Nice quality build, feels like it is from an authentic Japanese arcade machine
    -good for most fighting games, though button layouts will not be exact for some

Cons:
    -button positions are not practical for most games if you want to simulate their arcade counter parts, heck, even the SCII arcade machine is different than the Joystick.

VF4 Evo stick:

Pros:
    -you can buy it
    -it is for sale
    -same exact parts for Arcade machines
    -this + VF4 Evo = Arcade machine

Cons:
    -only good for VF4 and Evo
    -pricey at importers

19. Catch22

[ QUOTE ]
    empnova said:
    -same exact parts for Arcade machines
    -this + VF4 Evo = Arcade machine

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, this is not true. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif While the Evo sticks are great (I got both colors,) they do not use arcade parts. You'll know the difference when you lay hands on the arcade. In fact, there is no substitute for the arcade feel at home, other than the arcade itself. You can only try and emulate it.

Besides, you can't get the atmosphere of the arcades at home too. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

The best way I suggest one go about getting a stick is find out what you like best through testing and go bout getting that. Any way you can tryout a stick from going to an arcade to check the real parts, to seeing a friends stick to anything. Tastes are so varied that to say one is definitively better would to be dishonest. I use the Hori Evo stick, Dandy J (poster here and friend) uses a Mas stick, and Madagascar (diddo as above) uses a $20 pelican stick that he loves to death for some reason. It'll always be preference. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif