1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Clarifying which version VF4 for PS2 actually is..

Discussion in 'Console' started by soulmachine, Mar 15, 2002.

1. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

I've heard many ideas as to what version VF4 for PS2 is. The majority of people I've talked to have decided it's version C because of the addition of items not found in the JP arcade units of version B. Of course the balancing and adjustments of moves and gravity settings have also attributed to this. However, some colleagues of mine insist that the game is actually version D, for whatever reason. But I interviewed Yu Suzuki the other day when Sega was holding court for the press, and I asked him specifically which version the PS2 game represents, he said that it is version C. Let the debate begin.

There are 400 items to be found and unlocked in the game, but many of them differ between the US and Japanese versions. If you have any specific idea of what these might be, feel free to list them here.

Lastly, free VF4 poster with the upcoming issue of EGM with Resident Evil on the cover. Boo ya!

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Moves, damage, balance, and all that -- it's Version C. Of course, it's got some extra stagse & modes. Call it what you want -- it should be perfect practice to play Ver. C in the arcades. I've had problems unlocking some items like I did in the arcades though.

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Hmm..do not get it.
    why the debate when it comes straight from Yu Suzuki's mouth that its actually ver C.
    I actually feel that ver C(D, or E), should feel gauge from their tuning in the moves' properties.
    The kumite items are simply decorative accessories which can be changed that their own discretion. Mostly importantly, these items do not affect game play at all, unlike as stated in the US ver.'s web site.
    Does that end this thread? =p