1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland Players?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by NinjaCW, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Sazabi

Sazabi Active Member

PSN:
    x50YEN
    XBL:
    x50YEN
    Re: Cleveland

i havent posted in awhile.. i finally picked up vf on 360.. if anyone still plays add me on xbl

2. Jinmaster

Jinmaster Well-Known Member

http://daigoumehara.blogspot.com

Hello Ohio, Jinmaster here!

I'm running a sweet event in COLUMBUS on June 29th, called Focus Cancel.

I need everyone to consider and make plans to attend.

Here is the thread, and please post!

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=251634&fpart=1

Also, the Venue is $10 and VF is $15 to enter. I don't know how to edit on VFDC \:\(

Michael.

3. chip

chip Member

I live by James Ford Rhodes high school in Cleveland.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Not much VFing in Cleveland. I live near CWRU. Welcome to VFDC.

5. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Youngstown is close enough!

I've been practicing with my Hori, Although I can do sequences with the stick that I could not pull off with the pad, There are many sequences that I could pull off with the pad that I can't [yet] pull off with the stick. But I practice every day, We've got enough people between Youngstown and Cleveland to put something together. Akai, I've got three conferences this summer
    and one paper I'm preparing for September, maybe our guys & gals
    can come up to CWRU and do some VFing around Halloween.

Maybe by then I will have worked it all out on the stick [​IMG]

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Masterpo - so where is life taking you? Did you and Sugi Pai decided on continuing your education. If so, what school?

P.S. You need to stop stating assumptions as facts or stop playing around with peoples' minds on these forums [​IMG]

7. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Really LOL [​IMG]

We're about 5 minutes away from our Phd program at Kent, we've go t all the letters of recommendation, we're are now talking to two potential advisors about the direction we'd like to take our research and what to do with our NSF grant if we decide to attend.

Because of my research in artifcial intelligence VFDC is a perfect place to do some incognito ethnography and epistemological analysis. I dont' mean any harm [​IMG]
    If I go to far, I trust you'll let me know [​IMG]

I try to drop big hints that I'm being sarcastic, cynical, or engaging in satire. It is simply amazing to watch how people
    respond to some of my posts [​IMG]

Anyway 4 Now I'm at YSU doing Post Grad research.

B.T.W. I recently got a PM from Maddy, I'm glad to hear he doing okay.

8. chip

chip Member

Are there ever any local VF tournaments in Cleveland?

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Once maybe [​IMG]. If you are just looking for some offline casual play, we can try to get together for some games.

10. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk

We really are planning a tourney for late October, early November. We're timing it to take advantage of the Tekken release hype. Our tournament is going to feature two games it will either be Soul Calibur and VF as the main attraction or
    Tekken and VF as the main attraction.

The first part of the tournament will be team play with either Soul Calibur ( most likely Soul Calibur) but possibly Tekken 6, and the second part of the tournament will be single elimination VF. Dojo Chiquanshu is putting up a little prize money for first place between $150-200 and we might give away Tekken 6 for second place (or VF5R) if its out by then [​IMG]

Its going to be in Youngstown at the same place we were at last time. As soon as we've nailed down the date with the owners we are going to post it on VFDC. You of course are welcome and invited to come and bring anybody U like.

11. chip

chip Member

That sounds like a good idea. I'm terrible at the game, but if that doesn't bother you than I can give you my private email to
    arrange something.

12. NinjaCW

NinjaCW Well-Known Member

Any players in Cleveland now? Curious to see if we got anyone in Cleveland now since the new version came out.

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Most likely have to check other websites. I should be back in town by Thursday, if you want to play some games.

14. NinjaCW

I actually have the flu right now. Next week though I'm off Tues-Thurs so any of those days would be cool. And I'll post up on other sites and see who in the area is playing.

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    alright, hope you feel better.

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
  17. NinjaCW

I think I will actually head up there on Sunday as well. I only been up there once but I have been playing SF:AE again so I'm looking to test myself and see how I've come along (again)

Hopefully someone has some set ups of VF going up there as well.

18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Cool, I will get in contact with you about the event then. They did mentioned in the SRK that we could bring a console (they have extra TVs)...I will just wait and see if they respond back to my post in SRK.

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
  20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Meeting up with NinjaCW tonight at his place.

At Console Combat - met several players that were having weekly Cleveland gatherings at Manny's place and were interested in playing VF. So for those lurkers of the forums that live in the Cleveland area, you can try contacting them to get some offline VF games.