1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Club Sega Akihabara increases VF5FS cabinets to total of 26!

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Sep 5, 2018.

By MadeManG74 on Sep 5, 2018 at 5:12 PM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Club Sega Akihabara, the biggest Virtua Fighter arcade in Japan, just got even bigger!

On 4th September the arcade tweeted out that they added a further eight cabinets to their collection to bring it to a total of 26! The largest concentration of VF cabinets in Japan!

Rough translation:
    Does this bode well for the future of Virtua Fighter in the heart of Tokyo? If nothing else it's great to see that what is almost certainly the most busy arcade in the country for Virtua Fighter continues to grow and support it's player base, a full twelve years after Virtua Fighter 5 launched, and eight years after the launch of Final Showdown!

VF Club Sega Akihabara 1.jpg VF Club Sega aki 3.jpg VF Club Sega Aki 2.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Sebo
      Sebo
      I guess that's where all the missing cabinets from Oita-Ken went. :/
    2. TexasLion
      TexasLion
      Wow that's awesome. I guess they realized like me that there's still no fighting game as fun and deep as Virtua Fighter so we may as well go back to playing it until hopefully Virtua Fighter 6 comes out.
      adamYUKI likes this.
    3. Citrus
      Citrus
      Demand increased just like that?
      Or is there a surprise around the corner? :ninja:
    4. Tricky
      Tricky
      The coming of vf6 is near my brothers and sister. Rejoice.
      WolfKing likes this.
    5. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      As much as I want to keep pushing the hype train along, this is most likely because other arcades finished up their lease and they moved the cabs to Akihabara Club Sega.

But I still think VF6 is coming, or at least something.
    6. Catch22
      Catch22
      Please do not get my hopes up for VF6. Just makes the days/weeks/years that it's not announced that much shittier.
      WolfKing likes this.
    7. Sebo
      Sebo
      You can always drop by on Thursday. Ray and I won't bite.
      oneida likes this.
    8. Catch22
      Catch22
      Wow, didn't know Hawaii had VF players. :eek: I don't play SF5 though. But I will surprise you guys one day and show up.
      oneida likes this.
    9. RayBlade
      RayBlade
      If you do show up, say something. We had a few guys that were lurking, but didn’t play any games or talked (but they were clearly there for the fighting games).
    10. Catch22
      Catch22
      Believe me, I don’t lurk. LOL.
    11. Chanchai
      Chanchai
      Do I need to go to Hawaii to finally get the three of you together?! :p

That said... Catch 22 and Rayblade should have a competition since both of them have years of custom arcade inspired woodworking under their belts now!