1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Leong in Toronto (from the okizeme thread)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Yupa, Oct 24, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Good lord, for a minute there, I thought Colin had resurfaced when I clicked on this thread. He's an old classmate, but I haven't seen or heard from him in ages. Instead... all I see is a continuation of a locked thread that propogates a flame war. Take it offline, guys! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

[​IMG]

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Colin Leong in Toronto (from the okizeme threa

I just knew this was gonna happen...

Well at least we did get some more relative content out of this thread...

Alucard, don't get discouraged by this thread. Both you and Bungle are passionate about the version of the game you like best. Neither of you is right or wrong. Alucard, please keep posting about your VF4 experiences. If there is something else in the game you don't like, similar to the revived power of the from standing low punch, tell us about it. Forums like this are made to discuss "cheap" techniques and figure out how to affectively fight against them. Unfortunately, most of the members of the forum still do not have access to VF4 yet (like me) so we can't contribute on the level we would like to.

Cheers,
    Yupa

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yupa on 10/24/01 01:40 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

K Time out...

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Well once he made it clear he was speaking in third person you should apologize....oh wait im sorry, that words not in your vocabulary.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

RTFP again, asshole. I stated that I did not understand what he was saying, due to his misadventures with English. I will not apologize for _his_ mistakes, you stupid motherfucking cunt.

--
    "I know I say the word 'fuck' a lot, and I'd apologize, but; I don't give a shit." - Lewis Black

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Well sorry no i'll will to a fellow VF'er, would have been better then, your english sucks cunt.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

** Well sorry no i'll will to a fellow VF'er, would have been better then, your english sucks cunt. **

Uhh...say what? BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhaHAhahahahhahahahAHHAhah!

That just takes the cake, Andy. That's precious. Really. You're incredible.

--
    "You don't even have a shed of evidence to proof nuts!" - Alucard

8. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

You said:
    <blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I was talking about senbon punches, not nokku-whatever dimwit. Its a joke to say that if you've got the dexterity to do senbon nokku, you deserve to win. It only proofs that you're probably a pianist whos got plenty of time and patience to perfect a BUG. No brains required, suits Mr.FatEgo perfectly. No wonder you keep insisting that VF2 rules.

<hr></blockquote>

Let's have a closer look at that paragraph. The first sentence "I was talking about senbon punches, not nokku-whatever dimwit." clearly references Mr. Bungle through the use of the word "dimwit". The second and third sentence use the word "you" -- it is left up to the reader to determine what is meant by "you". If one was to suppose that you are not switching contexts in the middle of a paragraph, then "you" still refers to Mr. Bungle. This is supported by sentences four and five. In sentence four you refer to Mr. Bungle as "Mr. FatEgo" -- like the first sentence this is an unmistakable reference to Mr. Bungle, and not the populace at large. In sentence five "you" is used to refer to Mr. Bungle again.

It is obvious that your language implied that Mr. Bungle uses Senbon Nokku and, furthermore, he believes VF2 is better because he uses Senbon Nokku to win. Whether that was what you meant is irrelevant and not up for debate. If I were to rewrite your paragraph so that it had the meaning you intended, I would write:

I was talking about senbon punches, not nokku-whatever dimwit. Its a joke to say that if one has the dexterity to do senbon nokku, one deserves to win. It only proofs (sic) that one is probably a pianist whos got plenty of time and patience to perfect a BUG. No brains required, suits Mr.FatEgo perfectly. No wonder you keep insisting that VF2 rules.

kbcat -- ps:it's also obvious that Andy is an idiot for thinking otherwise.

9. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Lets take it backward kbcat, what sets up the second paragraph is the first one, you have to read the rest of the thread to understand it. The first one is written by rich, it clearly says SOMEONE, not, since I have the ability to do Senbon Nokku, rich laters uses They and Thier to again refer to a third party.

The first sentence sets up dimwit as rich, but refers to senbon punches not Senbon Nokku. Nothing wrong with that. Very Very clear. Then Alucard references the first paragraph he quoted rich in, Alucard even copied richs quotes into his own post to make it clear. Alucard says its a joke if <b>you've</b>...the youve is obviously third person, since he is replying to rich who is speaking in third person about the SAME TOPIC. If it has been something different or rich had implied in the first paragraph that he could do senbon nokku, then you could assume alucard was talking about rich. But obviously rich was talking in third person, so he replied to it.

Really is there any way to even argue this point if you read <b>BOTH</b> paragraphs?

"...if <b>someone</b> had the dexterity to do Senbon Nokku to KO, <b>they</b> fucking DESERVED to win. If <b>they</b> were good at in combos, well good for them; more reward for <b>their</b> dexterity."

"I was talking about senbon punches, not nokku-whatever dimwit. Its a joke to say that if <b>you've</b> got the dexterity to do senbon nokku, </b>you</b> deserve to win. It only proofs that <b>you're</b> probably a pianist whos got plenty of time and patience to perfect a BUG. No brains required, suits Mr.FatEgo perfectly (this talks about the technique mentioned in the first paragraph). No wonder you keep insisting that VF2 rules."

Furthermore to prove that you and rich are being anal about EVERYTHING, alucard clears up the confusion if there was any. Yet no apologies or "oh that oks", or at the very least the courtesy to ignore the thread is given to him, instead people write your engligh sucks and try to hammer the fact that he was an idiot for writing it in the first place, even AFTER he clears up his post. Thanks. Realy nice guys.

Now who does more damage, me who goes around saying, im better lets get together so I can beat you in the game

or

Somsone who scrutinizes every single post down to the english and making the person feel even stupider after they've cleared up their point of view.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

10. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

In the second and third sentences of that paragraph, Alucard passes those copied quotes off as his own words by not indicating a quotation with quotation marks! (Son of a bitch, I never would have guessed that there was anything in the world like quotation marks). Hence, when one reads the paragraph and uses the rules of the English language for comprehension one comes to the same understanding as Mr. Bungle and I.

I was only scrutinizing the post because you interjected, like an idiot, with:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Boy you have to take reading comprehension rich, its as plain as day he was speaking third person.

<hr></blockquote>

You jumped into a fight that you were not even a part of at the time, and to what end? My addition was a simple statement of fact -- Rich does not use Senbon Nokku. Your contribution was to imply Rich was stupid, because he did not take from a post the meaning that was intended -- even though the meaning was not clear from the language used.

Why be so childish? Why make insulting posts, instead of constructive ones, in a thread that you were not involved in. I tell you why -- you're a fuck nut. That's why.

kbcat -- ps: Learn to use the board, and the English language (the abbreviation of “it is†is “it’sâ€Â, not “itsââ‚Â) -- you fuck nut

11. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI

Boy kbcat listen to your logic....

you only injected cause I did....

now how many MANY times has rich injected in my posts?

Do you flame him or take sides, when he does it no.

You are one biased person.

It was clear as day, WITHOUT the quotation marks, once you begin to scrutinize a post down to quotation marks, or it's vs it's you have no argument. Read the whole thread. It is quite clear, and you never answered my question why you or rich needed to hammer you opinion home after alucard confirmed my post that he was indeed speaking in third person. Thats simple lack of manners, finally kbcat if you rich and everyone else dont like this forum, you guys dont have a chance at ALL in ever replacing it, so suck up develop some manners, and accept the current style of posting by UK players, NY players and the rest of the VF playing community.

CrewNYC

[​IMG]

12. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I was only defending my point of view. Saying Rich could not comprehend English, was implying that I could not either -- since, we came to the same conclusion.

now how many MANY times has rich injected in my posts?
    I agree with you Rich has jumped in on you quite a few times. How many times have I been in there? Not many, not even a few. I'm only in there when someone has made it my business by attacking me, or my point of view. You just jump in with insults.

why you or rich needed to hammer you opinion home after alucard confirmed my post that he was indeed speaking in third person
    Again, I was only defending my position because you attacked it, with this "you can't comprehend English" nonsense. You're the one who started slinging shit at me -- don't pretend it was the other way around.

You are one biased person.
    So?

Thats simple lack of manners
    I have more manners than you could ever hope to have.

if you rich and everyone else dont like this forum, you guys dont have a chance at ALL in ever replacing it
    Who said I'm trying to replace it? If your implication is that VirtuaProject is trying to replace this board, then you're barking up the wrong tree. I've maintained a Virtua Fighter site since VF2 -- long before VFDC -- and I'll continue to maintain one for VF4. I'm just in a position now that I can get proper hosting for it; something I've always wanted to do. The new VirtuaProject was discussed with Myke before hand. We all know where we stand.

so suck up develop some manners, and accept the current style of posting by UK players, NY players and the rest of the VF playing community
    Where on earth did you get that idea? I have no problem with any of the UK players, the NYC gang, or how they post. I have the utmost respect for Adam. I think he's a great guy and a superb VF player. As for the UK gang, I have no reason to dislike any of them. You are the only problem.

kbcat -- this is the last I have to say in this matter, and it's "interjected", not "injected" -- you fuck nut.

13. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

you guys dont have a chance at ALL in ever replacing it,

<hr></blockquote>

Andy, if seriously hope you do not think that we have intentions of replacing it. We never have. FYI, VP which was once Firestarter's, has been around since *VF2* and it's sole purpose was to have personal, not public, access to the VF movelists via the web. It only become somewhat common knowledge with VF3. This way we can access everything, from school at the time, or home, or work, etc. It has never been constructed to generate a VF community.

Hate to say this but at this point, the only english VF site with any relevant information to VF4 is Virtuaproject. All that goes on here, to a large extent is bickering, ranting, taunting for a game that so many have never even played yet.

VP will stay what it is. It has no intentions of replacing VFDC nor does it have any intentions to cooperate with it either.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuaproject.com>virtuaproject</A>

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Guys guys guys, do what I did: take a deep breath, close the computer, play some basketball, watch on TV how people are still coming to grips with 9/11 and realize how stupid these arguments are, and then take a girl out to go clubbing with you. Hopefully by the time you're done it's 24 hours later and a bit more level headed.

P.S. Ahem, by "you" I meant everyone getting pissed off, not just kbcat. Just in case, heh heh.