1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Collecting spheres the easy way.

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by danny13, Feb 25, 2002.

1. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Guys, i think by now you all should have realized this, you can actually duplicate your spheres to your other save characters. Last night i was fooling around with my characters, i set the vs mode to one round, i select my (1p)2nd dan kage vs my (2p)grand emperor akira using the same memory card(select kage with memory card in 1p mem slot, pluck it out and put it in 2p mem slot and select akira). Then, kage trash akira 7 times to collect all sheres with includes the item you get when you win 3 rounds excellent, exit to character selection menu with the memory card in 1p. kage's info will be updated and when ask for p2 memory card, i select cancel and non of the losses will be updated on akira. I repeat many times to collect the spheres until kage gets all the 7 spheres items and has all the 7 spheres on top of his life bar. To increase his rank faster i found, just pit him against my 2nd dan wolf fives times and exit leaving the wolf's info untouched(selecting cancel when ask for his memory card) but before kage goes up in rank, i let wolf win four times first and exit without saving kage's info so that i just need one match vs 2nd dan in kumite to rise in rank and come back vs kage again so that he can rise to 3rd dan.

This is really a very easy way to rise and collect items. After my akira rised to grand emperor, i really didn't feel like playing kumite anymore as it is so monotonous. Hope i didn't appear foolish as this is my first post here.

2. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Not foolish. Cool info. BTW, my Sarah is stuck hovering around 10 dan and Minor Warlord. BTW, bawang is warlord. Didn't cheat /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

With this bug now, I believe there will be "Huang Di"s alll over the place.Actually we should always play with our mermory cards since we have the option of not recording the losses. I perfer my own customized characters more than the original ones. Very different and also looks nicer, makes the play more interesting. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I've been keeping my Kumite characters separate from my VS characters just so I know where I stand in Win/Loss % vs my friends as opposed to W/L vs the AI (which is immensely dense)... =)