1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Springs/Denver?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Ecchi, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any threads on a VF scene in the Springs or Denver yet, so I am wondering if one even exists. Certainly since I moved here I haven't seen any arcades, so it has left me wondering. If anyone's from around here, please speak up. I'm a newb who doesn't mind losing to learn. :p

2. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

You have 2 extemely talented players in the state there internet names are Texas Lion and Junosynth they are excellent Lion and Lei Fei players. You also have a site that is dedicated to competitive gaming for your state I think it is called colorado fusion.com or something like that. Any ways you have any where from 6 to 10 players in the state that play competetively so see if you can find them. Tournaments are held often about once every 2 weeks. There is a Main tournament held once a year called the Colorado Cutthroat Tounament it's worth participating in!

3. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

In the state or in the area? I mean, I'd be willing to take a long trip now and again, but work would prevent me from hopping around the state :p

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Wall gave you the lowdown. The two players he mentioned are currently near Park Meadows if that helps. We have some players in the Springs, some in Boulder, some in Denver, Lakewood, Thorton, all over really lol. Check out Coloradofusion.net, it may take some time to be accepted since a mod has to approve you. Otherwise feel free to PM me if you have questions or anything. More players are always welcome. We have some casual players and some who are competitive, good variety.

Oh and props on the hardgay avatar haha.

5. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Hey what's up? Welcome to the scene. Yea go to http://www.coloradofusion.net/ for the CO gaming scene. We are having a major gathering soon if you would like to come. Most of the CO VF players will be there. Here are the details in case you can't find it on the CO website.

Date: 11/03/07
    Time: 5 PM-whenever

Address:
    8285 S Poplar Way #101
    Centennial, Co 80112

Phone:
    (303)-741-4855
    Frankie or Paul

6. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! This definitely sounds promising /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif However, I will make no bones about the fact that I totally suck at VF and don't even have a character to call my own. Back when Texas Lion lived in... Texas... lol I once tried to set up a meeting, but my grandfather died that weekend and from that point forward things just fell all apart. Anyway, ironic that he's now here in CO! Pretty awesome. Back then I was kinda into Wolf, but now I'm leaning towards Lau. Is Lau looked down on or something? I know he used to be the PPPK king and all but I honestly like him.

Anyway, that was totally off topic, sorry. If I can make the gathering I will definitely try.

And thanks KrsJin lol Haado Gei is frickin' hilarious.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

If you want to get better, play, regardless of where your skill level is at now. Trust me when I say none of us will make fun of you if you're bad at the game or nothing like that, we'll just be happy someone else is playing. If you like Lau, play him. Only scrubs complain about characters in VF, yeah, I said it!

It may be rough for you starting out, but I guarantee you'll improve after each gathering. And that gathering JunoSynth posted should have just about every regular VF player in CO there. That would be an ideal gathering to make if you have to pick one.

8. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

*nod* I figured if I'm going to make my way into the scene it might as well be during the biggest gathering right? Thanks for the Lau advice as well.

As cool as the big meeting is, it would be nice to find some people in the Springs area to play with as well. I'm hoping a few of em will show up so we can exchange info.

9. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up Ecchi, there are players in Colorado Springs that either want to learn the game or already play it. Like everyone else said go to http://www.coloradofusion.net to find these players. I'm one of the players that lives in Denver but I know Tage Proto has been interested in playing VF and he leaves right near UCCS. If you want his number hit me up with a PM and I will give you his number. Also, take a look at the chapter site for Colorado as well:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com and http://www.nvgaonline.com

These sites give a breakdown of all this is going on in the Colorado Cutthroat Chapter of the NVGA in which I am the chapter leader for. These sites also gives a breakdown on past ranbats (ranking battles tournaments) that we run in colorado every 2 weeks, as well as our two majors Fall Fighter Frenzy and the Colorado Cutthroat Console Tournament. Take a look, meet some players and play. We actually have a ranbat this weekend at Tage Proto's house and VF WILL be there.

10. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info DancingFighterG. I have registered over at Colorado Fusion and just got my confirmation email, so I'll poke around there and see what I find, too.

I'm definitely not ready for any kind of tourneys or ranked matches yet, but I will bookmark the others for future reference /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

11. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. No problem man. If anything come over this weekend for casuals because we do a lot of that as well. Hope too see you this weekend.:)

12. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

I would love to come but honestly, I've barely touched VF5 and I am waiting for the 360 version so I can get some practice in. I really don't want to show up to a bunch of strangers to play VF both empty-handed and totally worthless competitively. :p

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I like that competetive mentality but it isn't necessary with us. That big gathering for the Version C release is suppose to have a free TV + 360 to try stuff out so you could even chill there and practice up during the rotation. I'd rather you be come and do horrible than not show haha.

Sorry to come off all crazed like, or like I'm flirting, even though that's what I'm trying to dooooeerr.... /no homo. Just glad to hear there's more players out there who arn't already playing with us.

14. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Well I'll tell you what - I will hit up the Colorado Fusion site then and introduce myself over there, too. I'll get the contact info and I'll think about it a bit. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Ecchi, do whatever is comfortable for you man. Come play when you are ready dog. No pressure from any of us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

I appreciate it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Like I said, I'll hit up Colorado Fusion and see what's what, and I'll think about it. I'm already asking for November 3rd off of work so I should make that one at the least.

17. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Yeah, after reading the threads over at Colorado Fusion I've been officially put off of showing up this weekend. Heh, I honestly thought for a minute you guys weren't going to be so harsh with your insults for low-level players, but I was way off on that assumption.

Maybe after I have some VF5 practice. At least you guys will get a few less perfects in, right? Anyway, I introduced myself over there. We'll see how things go.

18. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Wow, what post were you reading? I hope you weren't taking any post me or JunoSynth write about each other seriously. Since we're brothers, we're always joking with each other and saying the other player sucks. No one here would ever make fun or look down on someone learning the game. Trust me, if that's what you are worried about, don't be.

19. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Hehe, well it wasn't just one post, but I know what you mean. I guess I'm more jazzed about the November 3rd meet because it's not a freakin' tournament, for one. And I won't be showing up empty-handed or totally new, for the other. Having the game for a few days in my hands is better than nothing, if you know what I mean. If I go to the Ranbat this weekend not only will I probably feel pretty awkward but it doesn't seem like the ideal environment for learning.

20. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Don't take some of the things that are on Fusion to heart man. Sometimes post shit that sounds worse than what it is. Once you know the people on fusion you won't even pay any attention to all that stuff /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Don't worry about that. Me and some of my guys from Denver will be down and we can get some teaching in if you are up for it. If not we will definitly see me at the gathering. Hit me up on my cell 303-808-7746 if you have any questions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif