1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Springs/Denver?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Ecchi, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Hehe, thanks for the advice, DancingFighterG. I'll definitely get used to it I'm sure. I'm a pretty easygoing guy. Mostly I just want to fight and learn and then maybe I'll worry about the rest. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

2. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

Are there any arcades around the Colorado Springs area? Denver? Honestly I haven't seen a real arcade in years, and I just moved up here recently. I'm not saying ones that have VF5 specifically, just any arcades at all.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Hey guys read my idea on the tourney for the SOCAL Event on the 3rd. Let me know what you think by posting on that thread

4. Chunbelievable

Chunbelievable Well-Known Member

Hey CO,

some years ago I was on fusion.net for the SF comp but sort of fell off. I now have VF5 and having played online a few times, I now realize that a over 90% win percentage with over 1000 matches and a Champion ranking in QUEST MODE, doesn't mean shit on XBL. I don't really know how to play this game.

So now I joined this site to possibly learn how this game should be played. I have basics down and have been platying VF pretty consistently since the original. But I haven't had human competition for over a decade now and I pretty out of the loop as far as stategy goes.

I also just missed the last gathering so if and when that happens again let me know. I could be down.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. Divine

Divine New Member

Hey. I live at UCCS right now. I am trying to learn VF myself. I will try to make events later on, but first I must get better.

6. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Hey what's up guys? We should have another major VF gathering in a month or so. Check on the CO website under VF for latest info.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Cool, even more fresh players. Next larger VF gathering will be in Denver on the 24 of this month (November). It's going to be a tournament for multiple games, VF being one of them. But there should be time for casual play and MMs as well. That would be a good one to make if you're not too intimmidated by the idea of a tournament.

[​IMG]
    Here's the direct link to the details of that day.
    http://www.coloradofusion.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4204&page=1&pp=10

Even if you feel you're not good at the game yet, I recomend coming. Best way to get better is really just to dive in and start playing the better players. And don't fret, no one will bust your balls if you happen to be bad. If anything, they'll just be happy to see new players.

8. Chunbelievable

I'd be down to hang for that. KrsJin and Juno I think I met you guys a few years back. I had a different name on Fusion and don't ask me what it was, I don't remember.

Anyways, I would be totally down to get some real VF training in. But would anyone be down for some A3 or A2?

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

We've got a few who love the Alpha series (I'll play 3, but don't claim to be good at it. Skillzilla, Smiles, CJK and Halfro would be good for you to play in A2 and 3.

10. Chunbelievable

I remember Skillzilla.... and I think Hafro too. Cool, I think I will be there.

11. Wolf_Mishima

Wolf_Mishima Member

I wish I took advantage of playing the co guys more when I lived there in vf /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

12. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Any new players in the Area or any existing players still around? This new announcement has me really excited and I plan on playing offline/online again.

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Shot in the dark. I'm getting back into the game and was wondering if there's any local CO players interested in getting games in.

14. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Krsjin you should bug the brothers texas and juno. I wanted to honestly see old school colorado at sega cup missed you guys and I feel that you guys are an integral part of the vf community. If you want to play me online my tag is THEWALL17

I know you have other talent out there its just a matter of waking up the scene.

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Well they planned to play a bit when FS first came out. The scene just didn't grip, and they have stopped playing. One is committed full-time to other things, the other I don't think cared for the changes much. I believe they sold all of their sticks and stuff as well.

Everyone else I know no longer plays either. Perhaps White Worm does but not sure.

I'll add you next time I hop on!

16. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Just posting here incase there's any new players in CO or any visiting players who want to get in some offline VF here in the Denver/CO Springs area. We got a pretty decent size group here and just a bunch of great, helpful, friendly, and really good competitors who play, and we'd welcome anyone new joining us for sure. There even might be a tournament this upcoming weekend here https://www.akihabaraarcade.com/ so definitely stop by if you're a VF player and you're in the area. Like on Fri 6-11 or Sat 6-12, I don't know which day yet. Hope to see some new faces there. Anyone is welcome of course :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    KrsJin likes this.
  17. Isaak303

Isaak303 New Member

So yea we are playing VF again in Colorado. If there is any new heads out here who wanna play or learn come on out

ChiefGutti likes this.