1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado VF4 tourney

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Isaak, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Isaak

Isaak Member

when: july 20th

where: aurora mall
    14200 E Alameda Ave
    Aurora, CO 80012
    303-344-4120

entry fee: 5 dollars(10 if alot of peeps show up)

rules: 2 or 3 rounds, 3 or 5 semi-finals, 4 of 7 finals, double elimination

prize: winner takes all unless 20 or more peeps show up than the prize will change

Hope to see u there.

2. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Does a lot of people play VF4 in CO? I was there in December and there was only like 2 people there that played at the Aurora Mall.

Oh, and do you know if it's the newest version? I don't think it was last time I played.

Anyway, I live in Dallas right now, but I'm moving to CO the 1st week of August. Maybe I'll leave a little earlier though to make the tourney. If you think a lot of people will enter, I might just do that.

3. Isaak

Isaak Member

The last vf4 tourney we had 11 peeps showed up. I am hoping to get more players to show up, that is why i am posting the vf4 tourney there. And to answer your question, I don't think its the newer version

4. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I'm debating with my brother if it's worth driving over there just for the tourney. If we do, we'd only go for that then leave back for Dallas afterwards then move in August like planned.

Is competition good over there? Who won the last tourney and who'd they play? If I miss this one, will there be others?

I need to read up on what the differences of version B and C are. Watch someone pull off some crazy move that I never knew existed because I''ve only played version C.

I really want to go, though. I've only played in one VF4 tourney and nobody in Dallas plays so I'd like to make it.

5. Isaak

Isaak Member

The comp is good in CO. There is alot of VF4 players coming out. So i expect a good turnout. BTW here is the results of the last tourney.

1st: C.J kyles (akira)
    2nd: milo (pai)
    3rd: Isaak (lau and jeffery)

A total of 11 peeps shows up. Oh and one more thing there will also be a tourney on T4, TTT, CvS, and MvC2.
    for more info go to www.coloradotekken.net

6. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Cool, thanks for all the info. I'll try to make it. I wish I played the other games, but I never got into anything besides VF4 and CVS2, and I haven't touched CVS2 in 3 months so really just VF4 right now..

If I go, I'll be playing Lion. Hopefully, he hasn't changed too much from version C.

later

7. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

where is aurora from Denver? I might be at Denver that weekend for the Jim Rome tour stop.

8. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    ok i have a question i'm assuming this is gonna be on arcade why?more people r used 2 version C on tha ps2.

9. Isaak

Isaak Member

My friends were trying to push for a ps2 tourney but it couldn't happend. Its sucks but oh well.

10. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    Isaak:could u please check ur pms on TZ?

11. Isaak

Isaak Member

TZ is hating on me right now.

12. _wu

_wu New Member

we had 16 participants at the turne at ryans party........i would expect 5-10 more people than the 11 we had at the arcade turne.........it looks as tho this game is slowly strting to grow here.

The reason this is arcade turne is because this turne is basically ran as an afterthought to the tekken and marvel turnes. Unfortunately the board in the cade is vers B............ps2 turnes will only happen when the scene (hopefully) grows........which prolly wont happen cuz everybody know amercans r stoopid and can only play tekken and mk.

13. Isaak

Isaak Member

who won that vf4 toureny at ryans pad?

14. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Wow, 20 people entering is a lot. If I can get hooked up with a rental car from some buds of mine, I'm there. And I may enter the TTT tourney, but the game's pretty boring and I don't know if I feel like practicing any, so I don't know.

15. Isaak

Isaak Member

I hope we can get atleast 20 peeps to show up

16. _wu

_wu New Member

cj won the turne.....with me in 2 and cabbys gay lei fei in 3.(altho he subbed for torre when he left) cabby was technically gone

I honestly expect a larger turnout than last time.......there was mad fools playing at the party........not too mention me,chris, and vic will all be joining this time so thats 3 more right there. As i said i expect newhere from 15-20

17. Isaak

Isaak Member

Man i wish i was there. Oh well, but i will be at this tourney for sure. My Lau, jeffery, and my sarah will be ready for this.