1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus, OH .. a new start!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by maddy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: Ohio gathering

First of all, sorry for the late notice. Yosuke's been trying to figure out his plan of going to Washington for college, and it wasn't until yesterday that he could give me a yes or no on his trip to Ohio. My aplogies to my friends who have been waiting for an earlier notice of this event.

Regarding the NY gathering, a lot of people in and out of NYC have mentioned that the anticipated August event in NYC isn't going to take place. I think Shag is planning a different event at the moment.

After the Socal event in April, we all thought that the next gathering will be in NYC, but Yosuke unexpectedly relacated to Indiana and sent me a PM one day. He mentioned that he wouldn't be able to go to NYC due to his stay in Indiana and he'd like to come to Ohio since it's not far from Indiana.

So, that's how it all happened. The main parties(tournaments and a big get together) will be over the weekends. I will post up specific dates when they become available.

2. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Update: Yosuke will get here either on the 22nd or 23rd, which means this weekend won't involve Yosuke. He will be staying at Marcel's on weekdays, and Sean will host him over the weekends. Yosuke's leaving out from Columbus on the September 4th.

3. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy

Okies, this weekend doesn't look too good for me anyway due to seasonal allergies or ragweed or whatever it is. I'm sneezing and blowing my nose every 30 seconds. Not really in top condition atm lol.

4. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Will there be video footage supplied?

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

oh god do you know how hard it is to resist

OH MY GOD

6. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Biggest VCR I could find on the internet...

[​IMG]

7. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Thats it keep it coming. No by all means continue.

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

lmao maximus

DAMN that is a big VCR! That's actualy pretty amazing, surely that wasn't a real retail model?

9. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

That's a huge VCR, but I don't think it's huge enough!@LOLz

btw, Yosuke said either today or tomorrow!

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

I will be busy with school, so I don't think I will be heading down to Columbus anytime soon. Have fun guys.

11. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

if ppl didna know, it is tomorrow when Yosuke comes in, we're gonna go pick hiim up at about 8PM, and that's from Dayton, so will be in Cbus at about 9 or so, get at me foos.

12. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy

I got work 2nd shift, as some of you probably know. Also I will be in PA all this weekend. So I won't get to come meet Yosuke until next weekend, provided that he stays that long.

I'm definately looking forward to seeing all his neat Jacky tricks though. I've been meaning to pick him up as a 2nd character.

13. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Yosuke's coming in today at 8 PM. He will be staying at Marcel's, but on weekends he will be hanging out at Sean's.

On the following weekend, we will meet up at Sean's. Events that I've thought of are a Kumite with Yosuke, and a team battle.

On the Sep 2nd and 3rd weekend, we will have a singles tournament. Matches will be recorded, and we will do player interviews and such. It will be a hella good time.

14. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

yo bitches, he is here, Jimmy, Marcell says call him. I will be over here....

15. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

I will head over after class today. Probably about 6ish. Can't wait to get it going!

16. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Dandy: Yosuke will be over at Sean's tomorrow. Come play Yosuke. You don't want to miss it, man. I got beat down badly, hahaha. Tell Avi and Jacob to come over if you get a hold of them.

17. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Recap

Yosuke showed us the top tier struggle ablility that I hadn't seen before by

...blocking a Dbl palm after Akira's [4][2][P]+[G].

...blocking a single palm after [4][2][P]+[G] with Jacky in Evo (something I've never been able to do)

...blocking Leifei's P,P after getting staggered by Leifei's IN stance [2][K]. (The low kick that staggers)

...avoiding a high pounce by Akira after getting hit by a Dbl palm into wall.

In short, a lot of things that I considered to be guaranteed are not guaranteed against Yosuke. I am cool with it the fact that he's good at struggling, but I have to wonder why he doesn't break near as many sticks as I do when he struggles way harder than I do.

Yosuke and I had intense First to 50 death matches that lasted for 4 hours straight through 97 matches. The word intense doesn't really do the justice. My left hand was totally numb on my way back to my place at 6:30 AM. Another set is scheduled to be played today as my left hand is not numb anymore. (It will be though.)

Edit: Mike: We will have a tourney on this coming Sunday. Don't miss it now. =)

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ohio gathering

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

Yosuke and I had intense First to 50 death matches that lasted for 4 hours straight through 97 matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy...

shit.

That is fantastic news! Disparity of 3! Three! Damn!

Also, Brian says to get a struggle vid.

Oh, and, please move yourself and Ohio crew to SoCal.

19. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

struggling out of a 10 frame punch is nuts,
    get a video of his hands!
    digicam power!

20. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy

I've got a bad case of pneumonia atm and don't know if I'll be up for VF this sunday. Hopefully so but I've been sick for almost 3 weeks now.