1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus, OH .. a new start!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by maddy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: Ohio gathering

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get better soon.

2. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

After a discussion with rocket pai i'm coming back to this post.

Akira single palm vs jacky - rocket pai tells me its a well known fact in korea, but insanely hard, hes only done it possibly 5 or 6 times in his life. Apparently Shinz makes it look effortless.

Lei-Fei low stagger kick, p,p - did yosuke block both punches? Rocket Pai showed me this late struggle trick where you dont struggle the first punch, it whiffs and then you struggle block the 2nd punch. The downside is that you will eat the launcher kick using this method. If yosuke blocked both punches - we both say wow.

As for the double palm into wall, then roll out of pounce it seems possible. Everytime i tried that on rocket pai, and he got a wall techroll, i felt like i was -8 or more (i've gotten thrown a couple of times off that). It seems like that when you normally get by a dbl palm, opponents fly back giving akira time to recover. Where as a wall hit, opponents hit a "surface" more quickly, and the dbl palm is still in the process of finishing its animation relative to the distance to the wall. Just a theory for now i guess.

just my 2 cents and what i learned over the weekend

3. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

hello

I am in washington now. thank you everyone!

Marcel
    I don't think he reads this web site, but thanks for hosting me. It was a great time to stay there.

maddy

thanks for making a plan so that I can visit ohio. I appreciate your help

and thanks for playing vf with me. I almost forgot how to play ...haha

see you later guys

oh...I am a DOA player now lol

4. Dandy_J

Thanks YOSUKE and omskillet for coming, and thanks to Sean and Marcel for hosting!

YOSUKE, you are a great VF player and fun to hang out with. I had a really good time playing you. "Which way does he evade?" "Hmm...he doesn't evade." lmao ~_~;;

omskillet, you are welcome here anytime! I think you will improve fast once you start learning frame data and applying it to your game. Also, I bet you'll have a great time playing the rest of the Ohio crew that you haven't met yet; Johnnie, Mike, Chris, and Churnell. Hopefully you can come down sometime when they are around.

Columbus crew, SAY JUICE~

5. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

thanks, it was awesome, that was the first time I've ever had real vf comp, and I'm glad you guys are keeping it alive down there.

Yosuke: thanks for the matches, I learned a lot from them, please come by again sometime.

maddy: you got an awesome akira, can't wait to play it again. next time watch for the controller knee, it's coming !

Avi: throw iori outta that roll ! lol. good games tho, that aoi is slick.

Jason: thanks for the tips and good games and keep telling avi to throw, lol! can;'t wait to meet the rest of u guys.

SeriousFace: That wolf...good stuffs, and next time its mutlipalyer FFT. but now back to cave story.

Sean, tahnks for the stay it was fun and also, thanks for the directions back, I think I would've gotten lost again.

Sir, it was nice chilling with you and sean, had a good time with that.

marcel, you were asleep half the time ! next time we should have some FT matches, I wanna see that FT awesome.

anyways, to all you guys thanks for the stay, and I'll definitly try to make it out again. have a good one !

6. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

I had such a blast on the past weekend. Thank you all for being the part of this great memory again.

Yosuke: It was great having you here, and I felt like we've become really good freinds through this event.

I think that your best asset as a strong VF player is your strong dedication and enthusiam. That is what defines you are as a player more so than anything else, such as yomi, reflex, knowledge,etc.Now, I am left with lots food for thoughts to improve my game along with new found respect for the game of VF. You know that I am going to be working hard on it.

Good luck with everything in Seattle! Your English has gotten a lot better during the stay. Don't forget all the slangs that you learned. =)

Omar: It was great meeting you. Don't miss out on Akai in Cleveland. He will be happy to find out that you want to play VF with him. Hope to see you again soon.

The Ohio crew: It was great being a part of it again. Special thanks go to Sean and Marcel for hosting, and Dandy for capping the matches. You did a great job on that once again.

To me, getting to know people from many different backgrounds is one of the most delightful aspects iof playing VF, and I am thankful for the fact that I've been fortunate enough to meet some great people along my VF career. Thanks all for supporting the tiny but friendly VF scene in Ohio.

7. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: the Michigan players

Jannon and Matt contacted me and said they would like to come here to play us. I will post up when more infor becomes available.

8. Dandy_J

Jimmy called me today and said Matt and co are coming tonight (Friday) and staying until tomorrow night.

9. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

I am supposed to post up to Mike saying "get down here for saturday, so we can play you". Ver batum pz out yall

10. DeathPunch

DeathPunch Active Member

SH thanks man for housing us with such short notice+showing me those tricks with brad...............IM still laughing about (G)angsta (P)imp (K)illa

ohio you guys have tons of knowledge thanks for the tips and good games we all learned some things to improve our game thanks again

11. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy

I'm still not feeling very well after recovering from pnumonia. There was a wedding I was supposed to go to yesterday that I didn't even make it to.

I'm glad the Michigan crew is still playing though, and would really like to play them again sometime. Our trip up there the last time was one of the turning points of my newbness.

12. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Thank for making the trip, guys. I love the dedication. If you have any questions regarding VF, feel free to post up in this thread. We love talking about VF with dedicated players.

Mike: I wish you the quickest recovery. Let us know how things go.

13. Dandy_J

I hope you're feeling better, Mike.

Big thanks to the Michigan guys for finding the time to make a trip here. You've all gotten a lot better since we last played, and I'm looking forward to see how you've all improved the next time we can play.

14. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

It's been a while, friends. I am taking PCAT on the Oct. 21st, so it's been real busy for me thesedays. Once I am done with it, I will be able to hang out and get some games in or some sort. Hope all are well.

15. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy

I dunno what PCAT is but good luck and hope you pass!

16. Dandy_J

Good luck, you betta eat some tomatoes to power up.

17. BLooDBLaZe

BLooDBLaZe Well-Known Member

Good luck on your test

What's up guys?

How's the crew?

Hollar at your boy!

18. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Sean's PS2 has broken last month. I haven't played VF since Yosuke left, which is little over a month. That's the longest period of such for me, but it doesn't mean I forgot about VF.

I think everybody's well. Chris is in town, but I haven't met him since he came back. I am in the middle of applying to pharmacy schools, which might result in me relocating to somewhere else( Possibly PA, Washington DC, or other cities in Ohio).

19. IronFists

IronFists Member

good grief, if only getting together with people and finding tourneys in my area was as easy as you guys make it sound.......just figured I'd say that.

20. BLooDBLaZe

BLooDBLaZe Well-Known Member

Nice, Jimmy. We definitely need to get a drink before you leave for another state. Seems like you are doing well though.