1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus, Ohio.. for the love of VF

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by maddy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Hey, guys. What's going on? It's a new one, so let's show some brotherly support for it. =)

P.S. Matt didn't call me, so nothing will happen this weekend with the Michigan crew.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    What is this Maddy, trying to steal the thunder from PurpGuy? :p

3. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

i've been kind of a lurker here for a bit due to the lack of competition, but i've started playing my buddy from toledo and figured what the hell, they're in ohio too: what's up.

4. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

oh, btw, i'm from cleveland.

5. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    lol vfdc doesn't even afford me the dignity of deleting the other thread since Akai put a :p in it.

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sorry! Ummm I can't delete the ":p" either.

7. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    It doesn't matter to me whose thread we use. Just want to avoid redundancy. Maybe I can change the thread title to :p and it'll be a thread consisting entirely of :p posts.

Yeah I'm easily amused.

8. Sazabi

Sazabi Active Member

PSN:
    x50YEN
    XBL:
    x50YEN
    wat up cbus?

9. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

lol I didn't see the one Mike made. Thought there's none after the big one got locked. :p

Anyway, We are looking forward to playing with Cleveland players someday. =)

10. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

seems like columbus has a helluva scene. my sister goes to osu, so i might have an excuse to get away from her if i were to come down.

11. NinjaCW

NinjaCW Well-Known Member

Wish I had a car.....what up Sazabi /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

12. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

I exist, and also RULE, what's good cbus ppls, back from the land of macdom (the computer, not the pimpin, though each has it's own special place in my heart), to say yo, and I love macs...

13. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

yoyoyoyoyo, VF5 is the greatest thing since Jesus opened his eyes and said "let there be 3d gaming" and it was good, but seriously, it's FUCKING GREAT... good games Jimmy...

14. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    So VF5 has arrived in Columbus... If I can stop being sick I'll head on down sometime and get some games in. This weather's been killing me but I think it's almost over.

15. invalid

invalid Active Member

Another Cbus player here. We need to get some games in

16. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    Sup invalid, always good to see another Columbus VFer joining our ever-growing community. Which are your favourite characters?

Yo Maddy, I tried to call you back last saturday but it rang like four times then I got hung up on. Keep in mind that I use a calling card to make long distance calls so if you have caller ID it is going to show up as something strange. But it's not a telemarketer, it's just me.

Anyway I called to tell you that I've been sick and wasn't going anywhere last weekend, not sure atm about this coming weekend either but we shall see. It's not so much the symptoms anymore as it is the extreme lack of energy. I really don't feel like moving around at all. Just coming to work every day takes soo much out of me. I had pnumonia last November and honestly I've never fully recovered yet. There hasn't been a day since then when I woke up and said to myself, "Hey, I feel pretty good today." But that's how it goes for the working class. Catch a life-threatening illness and you get three days off.

Let me know if there's anything going on this weekend and we'll see how I feel that day.

17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    At least you are alive Purpguy! - Hope you get better soon.

18. Zinac

Zinac New Member

Seems c-bus has quite a scene. I have a few friends there for GG, but it seems to be the closest place for VF5 combo. I'm in KY, so it's about a 3 hour drive for me. Very do-able on weekends if you ever have a gathering.

19. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    Good games all, VF5 feels a lot different in terms of movement and execution/recovery times of certain moves. Sometimes I'd try to evade and attack and get an evade followed by another evade, which was of course failed, other times I'd try to buffer two moves and the second one didn't come out and I just stood around for a second or two. But adjustments will be made and it will be good again.

Akira P, P, P, PK juggle combo worked in Sega Genesis version of VF2... with infinite P across the screen... for every character...

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    April 14-15 Gatheirng....

Hey guys,

I'm not entirely certain about this, but at the moment, the weekend of April 14-15 is when I plan on coming down to Columbus. So far NinjaCW is certain that he will come with me, and Tribal I think is a maybe (have not talked to him about this yet). The date can be changed to something that works best for everyone.