1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus, Ohio.. for the love of VF

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by maddy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. TheChamp

TheChamp Member

Ok....Where exactly are we meeting at...?

I need some kind of address so I could mapquest it you know....

2. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

awesome, congrats again dude ! have fun in the world of Cytochrome P450 !

3. TheChamp

TheChamp Member

I had fun last weekend.....I hope its another gathering in Ohio soon....It was nice meeting everyone

4. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Whats going on in this hear thrad?

Anxiously awaiting the XBOX release of this game so I can get back in the swing of things.

5. PurpGuy

PurpGuy Well-Known Member

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    What's up Chuck? I hear Vanessa is pretty strong in VF5.

6. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

By the bye, congrats on getting into Doc school Maddy! We're gonna have to catch up next time I'm down in Columbus.

7. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

how about in june ? would a gathering then be possible ? no school but all vf ! JAMMON !

8. BLooDBLaZe

BLooDBLaZe Well-Known Member

What's up C-bus?

How's Jacky in VF5?

Any chance a meet will go down this summer? I will be back home in Cincinnati.

Hope all is well

9. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy
    Wow, dead thread. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. BLooDBLaZe

BLooDBLaZe Well-Known Member

If anyone has an Xbox 360, hook me up with your gamertag so we can get matches in on Live. Mine is ShabbyDragon.

HOLLAATME

11. VJSan

VJSan New Member

Columbus, OH VF?

I recently purchased the PS3 version of Virtua Fighter 5, and went through bits and pieces of the tutorial from Virtua Fighter 4. But while I know there is a decent SF scene, I wish to know if anyone out in this city gathers to play Virtua Fighter. I usually play with some of the Street Fighter players, but I am interested in taking the time to play and learn from someone in the state. So can anyone here?

12. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Re: Columbus, OH VF?

What state do you live in for a start off?

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm guessing Ohio...

Seeing as it says it in the thread title [​IMG]

14. PurpGuy

XBL:
    PurpGuy

A few years ago there was a decent fighting game scene in Columbus, with gatherings of 12 people at times.

A lot's happened since then, and I'm not sure what the C-bus scene is like these days, but I'm interested to know, as I'm considering moving back to the Columbus area.

There are lots of great players down there. Or at least there were.

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Well, I think Jimmy and Leejang still play but I don't know how often. The rest of us are still around usually playing other stuff. A VF5FS port will definitely revitalize VF in Columbus, just a matter of time really...

If you are in town any time just post up, and we'll give you the lowdown.

16. Dandy_J

Hey guys, what's up? There is a tournament series we've been holding in Columbus called Cbus Bar Battles. We're going to have a 3rd in a couple of months or so, which we'll have a specific date for fairly soon. I want to run VF5, so I'm posting to gauge interest.

Jimmy and Leejang came out to the first bar battles for casuals, do you guys think you'd be up for coming out again? Will the specific date matter? It would be on a Saturday and we could run it early or late depending on what people need. Johnnie (akai) and Mike (PurpGuy), how about you guys? Would you be able to make the trip to Columbus?

Anyone else in Ohio or fairly close to Ohio still active? Please post if you would be interested.

Thanks!

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Hmm I actually might be in town visiting a friend during that time. If not, I'll rework some stuff so I will be there at the right time!

18. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Vids please!

19. Dandy_J

Good shit Cozby, hopefully we'll set a date soon.
    There will be a live stream + video archiving, that's the standard these days!

20. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hey Jason, I will definitely try to make it over to Columbus. It will be good to see the C-bus crew again. I will likely be out of town for postdoc interviews in the first two weeks of August.